The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I feel a bit guilty about all those flying answers - so don't mind at all if the Wilkersons want to pick up the baton.......... (and that was all the H's I could think of ('cause I already know Holland's NL)

OK, to keep it moving, What was the name of the song Cliff Richard sang with The Young Ones for 1986's Comic Relief?

Richard

I feel a bit guilty about all those flying answers - so don't mind at all if the Wilkersons want to pick up the baton.......... (and that was all the H's I could think of ('cause I already know Holland's NL)

OK, to keep it moving, What was the name of the song Cliff Richard sang with The Young Ones for 1986's Comic Relief?

Richard

Wasn't it Living Doll?

Helen

Finally one I could answer :)

OK, we are off walking early (Cachewalker event) so I was hoping I would get a chance to set the question now (thanks Wilkenson family for the prompt ding) but any response will be in the evening...

So...

What is special or unusual about the theme tune to Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em?

Remember no googling, etc,

Helen

It spells out "some mothers do ave em" in morse code (I think)

Can't remember who the composer was, but he died last year (or the year before?) and it was on radio 4.....

DING!

Ronnie Hazzlehurst was the composer and he was quite well known for trying to do this in his compositions. Sing along with dahs for dashes and dits for dots...

... --- -- . -- --- - .... . .-. ... -.. --- .- ...- . . -- .-.-.-

S O M E M O T H E R S D O A V E E M .

Helen

PS We are learning Morse code at the moment :)

Edited by T-girls

From a very dusty corner of my brain its 19 or 20 I think .......so I will go with ........19 :D

Close - but no finishers medal for you this time.....

20 then...... I was going for 20 but my brain kept saying that was to obvious :D

I seem to remember there are 26 different routes and its not a race ...... :D

But then geocaching is not about the numbers is it :)

Edited by Matrix

I have just checked with Google and Wikipedia and they both say 19 :)

1. Thou will not use Google or Wikipedia for the pub quiz.

2. Don't believe everything you read.

3. If you'd read the Wiki article further than the first few lines you'd have the correct answer.......

Edited by keehotee

I have just checked with Google and Wikipedia and they both say 19 :unsure:

1. Thou will not use Google or Wikipedia for the pub quiz. I only did so after I posted and before you said I was wrong

2. Don't believe everything you read. I dont

3. If you'd read the Wiki article further than the first few lines you'd have the correct answer.......I did and they are listed below but I did miss that one is not a tor but is treated as one

edited by me because I should know better than to play internet games .

Edited by Matrix

It was March 17th. This year I guess a lot of people had it on the 15th, given that the 17th was a Monday?

A ding for the usual date, a semi ding for this years date, but that's all so far..... (it's usually on the 17th, regardless of the day of the week - this year it wasn't, but why?)

It was March 17th. This year I guess a lot of people had it on the 15th, given that the 17th was a Monday?

A ding for the usual date, a semi ding for this years date, but that's all so far..... (it's usually on the 17th, regardless of the day of the week - this year it wasn't, but why?)

It was the 16th March because the church thought it would be better to celebrate a saints day on a Sunday.

It was the 16th March because the church thought it would be better to celebrate a saints day on a Sunday.

Nope - "it's usually on the 17th, regardless of the day of the week"

Chocolate Bunny season started early.

DING

You can have the ding as this is the second time you've been so close.

The week running up to Easter is "Holy week", and it over-rides all Saints Days that fall within it - so the RC church moved St P's day forward by 2 days (don't know if the board of Guinness had any say in the matter though :unsure: )

Edited to add - sorry MrsB - was typing up the reply while you posted

Edited by keehotee

DING

The week running up to Easter is "Holy week", and it over-rides all Saints Days that fall within it - so the RC church moved St P's day forward by 2 days (don't know if the board of Guinness had any say in the matter though :laughing: )

:unsure:

That's OK. Can I have a choccy bunny as a consolation prize, Please? :laughing: MrsB

DING

The week running up to Easter is "Holy week", and it over-rides all Saints Days that fall within it - so the RC church moved St P's day forward by 2 days (don't know if the board of Guinness had any say in the matter though :laughing: )

That's OK. Can I have a choccy bunny as a consolation prize, Please? :laughing: MrsB

Of course you can - I'll swap it for a cup of tea and a bun next time I'm in chat....

Beaten by MrsB (even though I didn't know the answer) - was going to say it's a measurement of resistance to dyslexia ...hahaha

Thanks for the DING, Matrix...

Explain the connections between the third Secretary General of the UN, the sun coming up like thunder and Richard Beckinsale (Godber from "Porridge").

MrsB wanders off to eat her chocolate bunny's ears... BBL

Beaten by MrsB (even though I didn't know the answer) - was going to say it's a measurement of resistance to dyslexia ...hahaha

Thanks for the DING, Matrix...

Explain the connections between the third Secretary General of the UN, the sun coming up like thunder and Richard Beckinsale (Godber from "Porridge").

MrsB wanders off to eat her chocolate bunny's ears... BBL

Burma! U Thant the 3rd UN Secretary was Burmese, I think Richard Beckinsale had a Burmese mother, no idea about the Sun.

Mr Eckington gets the final third of a Ding! so maybe he'd like to do the next question? ... as TLHM don't seem to be here atm, and MrE hasn't set one recently... I think? :unsure:

MrsB (now wondering if TLHM will rain fire and brimstone onto her head)

Heck No!

I did none of the work, I just saw Pharisee's post and started humming - literally - un-conscious response to mental stimulus :laughing::laughing:

If TLHM are not about let John have it!

Mr Eckington gets the final third of a Ding! so maybe he'd like to do the next question? ... as TLHM don't seem to be here atm, and MrE hasn't set one recently... I think? :unsure:

Heck no!

I just read Pharisee's answer and - literally - started humming..........mnemic residue of long lost musical experience :laughing::laughing: - a very deep voiced bloke I seem to remember - perhaps the same one who made a famous recording of "Ol Man River" - can't recall his name.

If TLHM are no about give it to John!

I just read Pharisee's answer and - literally - started humming..........mnemic residue of long lost musical experience :unsure::laughing: - a very deep voiced bloke I seem to remember - perhaps the same one who made a famous recording of "Ol Man River" - can't recall his name.

That's weird 'cos I'd seen Pharisee's post and assumed he was right, then while I was out in the car picking up the kids, not thinking about the pub quiz, I started humming "The Road To Mandalay" and suddenly realised where it had come from!

No probs, Ecker's and lacker's published 6 caches for me today I was busy reading the logs from the FTF sharks.

Who's go is it?