The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

It is the first sunday, after the first Paschal full moon after the 21st March.

The church has a list of dates for which full moons are given, even though they don't correspond entirely with what you see in the sky so that everyone throughout the world has a "full moon" at the same time. The church has used 21st March as the Spring Equinox since 325a.d. a date chosen by the Council of Nicaea.

Ding, over to you

Thanks.

Three part question.

1) (Easy) Who were the first father and daughter to get to number 1 in the UK charts duetting on the same record. (1 point in total for both their names plus 1 point for the song title.) [Total - 2 points]

2) (Medium) Who were the first father and son to reach number 1 in the UK charts singing on the same record. (Names - 1 point each, the title of the song - 1 point, and the group within which they were appearing - 1 point. [Total 4 points]

3) (Hard) Who were the first mother and son to reach number 1 in the UK charts. ( I would like their names - 2 point each, but, if it proves too difficult without googling, and make sure you don't!, I'll just take the group name - 2 point and the title of the song - 1 point.) [Total 7 points]

Ding to the person who gets the most points!

Thanks.

Three part question.

1) (Easy) Who were the first father and daughter to get to number 1 in the UK charts duetting on the same record. (1 point in total for both their names plus 1 point for the song title.) [Total - 2 points]

Frank and Nancy Sinatra - These Boots are made for walking.

Thanks.

Three part question.

3) (Hard) Who were the first mother and son to reach number 1 in the UK charts. ( I would like their names - 2 point each, but, if it proves too difficult without googling, and make sure you don't!, I'll just take the group name - 2 point and the title of the song - 1 point.) [Total 7 points]

Ding to the person who gets the most points!

Lt. Pidgeon, with Mouldy Old Dough. The old girl on the piano was mother of one of the group.

Thanks.

Three part question.

Frank and Nancy Sinatra - These Boots are made for walking.

Frank and Nancy Sinatra - Something Stupid

Bumping back up now you're all back at work and need something to fill the time! :anibad:

And is no-one even going to guess at number 2?

I've got a sneaking feeling that on Wizard's "I Wish It Could Be Chrismas Every Day" they used a choir from Roy Woods kids school so I'll guess that his son was one of them but no idea of his name.

I've got a sneaking feeling that on Wizard's "I Wish It Could Be Chrismas Every Day" they used a choir from Roy Woods kids school so I'll guess that his son was one of them but no idea of his name.

No, this father and son will be known by name.

Kids are playing the Simpsons game ATM so I'll guess at Homer and Bart on "Do the Bart-man"?

Fraid not. They are real people.

Edited by kennamatic

Oh, I bet it's that "Hey hey Matthew, what can you see" thing from the early 90's.

I used the Guinness book of British Hit Singles: Karel (and Matthew) Fialka - Hey Matthew. It got to number 9 in September '87

Rereads the question, and goes away, quietly.

Edited by Simply Paul

If its Ringo then I can only imagine it's a band aid single or something like that? Don't remember him playing on any kind of no. 1 otherwise.

Ness.

I was thinking maybe the son had sung on one of the Beatles hits as a boy. I'd also thought about Band Aid but thinking through the video I couldn't visualise any father/son combos.

M:

If its Ringo then I can only imagine it's a band aid single or something like that? Don't remember him playing on any kind of no. 1 otherwise.

Ness.

You're right, it is Ringo. (1pt) But we need the sons name.

You're on the right line with a Band Aid style record though.

Still a likely 3, but possibly 5, points to get!

Ness.

You're right, it is Ringo. (1pt) But we need the sons name.

You're on the right line with a Band Aid style record though.

Still a likely 3, but possibly 5, points to get!

Oi it was me that said Ringo Starr :D

Oi it was me that said Ringo Starr :D

Yes, it was. Have 1pt. I plead stupidity due to reading the logs on the reply page which are in reverse order! :D

His name's Zak Starkey (I think)

Correct Keehotee. Have 1pt

I think Marty is in an unassailable lead (I should start working on your next question), but let's be neat and tidy. What was the song and "group". You've got as far as it being a collective charity record and there weren't that many that reached number 1! Of course, if anyone does know the mum and son in Lieutenant Pigeon....

Was the song "You'll Never Walk Again Alone"? I'm sure Gerry Marsden did it as a charity record, so Ringo and Zak may have been on it as Scousers.

Yes, that's the one. (1pt)

Just the name of the group and possibly the name of the mum/son combo from Q3. If no-one has the answers by mid-day tomorrow I'll give the answers and the points will be as they are now.

Was the song "You'll Never Walk Again Alone"? I'm sure Gerry Marsden did it as a charity record, so Ringo and Zak may have been on it as Scousers.

Yes, that's the one. (1pt)

Just the name of the group and possibly the name of the mum/son combo from Q3. If no-one has the answers by mid-day tomorrow I'll give the answers and the points will be as they are now.

Wasn't it a fund raiser for the Hillsborough disaster fund, I think they called themselves "The Kop" or something similar. I now know the real names of Mrs Pidgeon & Junior but I googled it so I'll keep it to myself ;)

Wasn't it a fund raiser for the Hillsborough disaster fund, I think they called themselves "The Kop" or something similar. I now know the real names of Mrs Pidgeon & Junior but I googled it so I'll keep it to myself ;)

It was for the Bradford Football disaster.

It was by "The Crowd", but Ringo Starr wasn't on it!!

Ah. my source says he was, (non-internet source so can't link). Oh, and it is The Crowd. (1pt)

However, no-one is likely to overtake Martybartfast so I'll Ding him.

And the name of the mother and son were Hilda and Rob Woodward.

Edited by kennamatic
It was by "The Crowd", but Ringo Starr wasn't on it!!

Ah. my source says he was, (non-internet source so can't link). Oh, and it is The Crowd. (1pt)

Where you got mixed up is that after The Crowd hit number one, that made Ringo Starr and Zak Starkey the first father and son to have No1 hits in the UK. BUT, not on the same record.

a.

1 IL Israel - keehotee

2 HKJ Jordan - The Wilkerson Family

3 GR Greece - The Wilkerson Family

4 LV Latvia - Dino-irl

5 KWT Kuwait - The Wilkerson Family

6 MGL Mongolia - Birdman-of-liskatraz

7 MOC - Mozambique - keehotee

8 PE Peru - keehotee

9 RCH

10 RH

9 isn't China - sorry kennamatic.

Just 2 to go and I reckon number 10 is the touchest.

Edited by MartyBartfast

1 IL Israel - keehotee

2 HKJ Jordan - The Wilkerson Family

3 GR Greece - The Wilkerson Family

4 LV Latvia - Dino-irl

5 KWT Kuwait - The Wilkerson Family

6 MGL Mongolia - Birdman-of-liskatraz

7 MOC - Mozambique - keehotee

8 PE Peru - keehotee

9 RCH - Chile - The Wilkerson Family

10 RH - Haiit - keehotee

The Wilkersons get mentioned in dispatches for a good show, and I suspect their original guess of Mongolia was a typo on the number.

Keehotee gets the DING for sheer cheek, I wonder how many Hs you'd have got if I left it all night!