The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

If you do a search online for panamax that's what you'll read. But mass is also considered as draft is a limiting factor in the canal - and the locks will only hold a given volume of water so a ships displacement is also a panamax function!

Only one panamax value is given in tonnes or m3...........

One flag-width* down from the top of the pole.

MrsB

*by "width" I mean the top-to-bottom width i.e. the narrowest width....

dohhhhhhhh.... "You know what I mean!"

t'other short fat guy with beard and specs says he is sorry he had a lay in this morning B):lol:B) and Mrs Orange Blorenge gets the "DING" :lol::huh:B)

The question set should be of "Pub Quiz difficulty", the Question Setter will award a Ding to the correct answer, the Dinged Person gets to set the next question... and No Googling allowed.

... Who said that? :lol:

anyway... thank you, dodgy guy.

Next Question: Who, or what, "self-destructed" in the Indian Ocean last year? Where did it occur?

MrsB

desserti.jpeg

I first thought that it might have been the Mir space station, but realised that it was longer ago than last year.

So then I remembered something I read yesterday about a palm tree in Madagascar that grows a flower in the shape of a Christmas Tree and then dies... so it could be said to self destruct?

Ding ! to ZoomLens.

The Tahina spectabilis palm grows to spectacular 60 feet in height but then uses up so much energy in one burst of procreation that it collapses and dies - Yet another example of "size isn't everything".

MrsB :unsure:

Bounced back to the top skipping-smiley-1892.gif

Ahh yes, sorry for the delay boys and girls.

This coming weekend I am travelling up to Fort William for a week with my camera, and will be travelling on the Caledonian Sleeper train from London Euston. For your ding, firstly tell me what is the nick name for this portion of the Caledonian Sleeper, and secondly if I was to then travel from Fort William to Mallaig on the steam train, what is the nick name of the train I would be travelling on?

I'm not a train spotter by the way, it's just a nicer way to travel!

Ding ! to ZoomLens.

The Tahina spectabilis palm grows to spectacular 60 feet in height but then uses up so much energy in one burst of procreation that it collapses and dies - Yet another example of "size isn't everything".

MrsB B)

Bounced back to the top skipping-smiley-1892.gif

Ahh yes, sorry for the delay boys and girls.

This coming weekend I am travelling up to Fort William for a week with my camera, and will be travelling on the Caledonian Sleeper train from London Euston. For your ding, firstly tell me what is the nick name for this portion of the Caledonian Sleeper, and secondly if I was to then travel from Fort William to Mallaig on the steam train, what is the nick name of the train I would be travelling on?

I'm not a train spotter by the way, it's just a nicer way to travel!

Thomas the Tank Engine B)