The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

it does relate to the blood groups. but so far no one has answered correctly, t-girls being nearest so far :)

Hmmph :)

Since I think it is after 1900 and Von-Horst guessed 1906 but I was closest that must make it 1901 or 1902. I will plump for 1902 since I know a number of others found the AB group afterwards and it would have taken time for it all to be recognised.

it does relate to the blood groups. but so far no one has answered correctly, t-girls being nearest so far :)

Hmmph :)

Since I think it is after 1900 and Von-Horst guessed 1906 but I was closest that must make it 1901 or 1902. I will plump for 1902 since I know a number of others found the AB group afterwards and it would have taken time for it all to be recognised.

Ding 1902

over to you :D dont make it too hard :)

We have one to hand which should not be too difficult if you know the answer :grin:

The mp3 audio format is now ubiquitous but during its final development in the 1990s one song was used to perfect the tuning of the compression algorithm. For the ding, name the song and the artist.

Helen

We have one to hand which should not be too difficult if you know the answer :grin:

The mp3 audio format is now ubiquitous but during its final development in the 1990s one song was used to perfect the tuning of the compression algorithm. For the ding, name the song and the artist.

Helen

I have a feeling that it was Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner.

Richard

Helen

I have a feeling that it was Suzanne Vega's Tom's Diner.

Richard

That would be a ding. It could be said that the mp3 compression format is tuned just to play that one song perfectly. Also Suzanne Vega has been dubbed the "mother of mp3" by some sound engineers.

Over to the Wilkerson Family...

I beg to differ - Virgin sold off the Mates brand a few years ago - nowadays everything Virgin is Virgin apart from "Blue Holidays"

Edited to add - knew he's sold off Mates because a very ex gf of mine is a chemist working for the company that bought them - and they (apparently) all got a bag of freebies - but had to Google to check.....

Edited by keehotee

Sir Isaac Newton. Just after being hit by an apple.

Ding.

I guess we both got the same book for Christmas.

Apparently, in typical scientist boffin way, when his cat had kittens, he made small flaps for them, rather than use common sense and realise they could use the full size flap.

Over to Geocornetto

Edited by Guanajuato

B000078DOI - B000002LQR - B000002MTR but whats the latest one called?

Hmmm...

I defy ANYONE to answer this one without using Google. :antenna:

So, as this was covered on the last page, are you saying it doesn't fit within Rule 2? :laughing::antenna::antenna::antenna:

(Rule 1 - No googling!

Rule 2 - Try and keep your question at the level someone in a pub quiz might be able to answer...)

....and I asked my wife to look it up on Google - then she told me the answer.....

I actually own 2 of these - but wouldn't have known the answer in a million years (unless I was a particularly sad record shop employee)

At first I read that as you own 2 wives ;)

Back to the point - I've googled too. <Scratches Head> :ph34r: