The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

OK. This could be quite quick as Christmas and of course the New Year is approaching!

What is the connection: Raven, sparrow, ermine, snow goose, snow leopard and monkey?

Chris

Copied to bring it to the top of the next page.

Is it anything to do with official robes and ceremonies?

No :rolleyes:

the golden compass, they are the spirit guides to the characters

Edited by Munkeh

OK. This could be quite quick as Christmas and of course the New Year is approaching!

What is the connection: Raven, sparrow, ermine, snow goose, snow leopard and monkey?

Chris

Copied to bring it to the top of the next page.

Is it anything to do with official robes and ceremonies?

No :rolleyes:

Shame....I always thought that the opening of Parliament would have suited someone in a monkey suit :D

:D

Ding !

They are all types of "daemons" attached to the characters within the Philip Pullman book "His Dark Materials", which has just been released as the film "The Golden Compass".

Over to Munkehland...

MrsB :rolleyes:

give the names of the riendeer in rudolf the red nosed riendeer

trick question, looking for one off the wall answer

give the names of the riendeer in rudolf the red nosed riendeer

My first answer was a bit too rude for this forum. :grin:

Second answer involves rangifer cannibilism being the cause of his red nose....... :rolleyes::D

Third answer, bearing in mind "All of the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names." would be

Oy RedNose, beetroot conk, gout-dolf and *&&^^%$%£%$. :D

Edited by keehotee

Remebering something really obscure i heard once is it Olive the other Riendeer ?

Ding

correct :rolleyes:

You'd do well to laugh that's awfull :D

Err i have to ask one now dont i ?

err ok

name a book author who has had a book published for every letter of the alphabet ? i know of only one but ill accept any correct answer.

Lucy Daniels is the name of several authors (awfuls) who wrote kids' books with animals in the title like - but not quite - Aardvark In An Ambulance, Beaver In A Blender, Ferret In A Fryer and other alliterative stuff like that. Does that count? She/he/they had verbal diarrhea so I imagine they'll've covered the whole alphabet.

Lucy Daniels is the name of several authors (awfuls) who wrote kids' books with animals in the title like - but not quite - Aardvark In An Ambulance, Beaver In A Blender, Ferret In A Fryer and other alliterative stuff like that. Does that count? She/he/they had verbal diarrhea so I imagine they'll've covered the whole alphabet.

I would of let that stand but they dont cover the whole alphabet !!

They are not learning books all are proper works of fiction.

X how many books begin with X ???

Did I imagine "X-ray Axolotl Anxiety" ? :D:rolleyes:

wikipedia says you did Zebras were in there though :D not sure on the multiple authors.

want another clue ? he has been in the times best sellers list, he has written a lot of books (duh!)

Lots of fantasy and science fiction as well as non fiction

Remebering something really obscure i heard once is it Olive the other Riendeer ?

Ding

correct :rolleyes:

You'd do well to laugh that's awfull :D

Err i have to ask one now dont i ?

err ok

name a book author who has had a book published for every letter of the alphabet ? i know of only one but ill accept any correct answer.

does Sue Grafton count?

Did I imagine "X-ray Axolotl Anxiety" ? :D:rolleyes:

wikipedia says you did Zebras were in there though :D not sure on the multiple authors.

want another clue ? he has been in the times best sellers list, he has written a lot of books (duh!)

Isaac Azimov ?

Did I imagine "X-ray Axolotl Anxiety" ? :lol::huh:

wikipedia says you did Zebras were in there though :anibad: not sure on the multiple authors.

Isaac Azimov ?

Nope

Just googled it and have never heard of the author but the seires of books looks like it could be interesting..........are they worth a read? What would you compare them to Tolkien, Patchett or Rowling?

Kind of pratchet with rowling mixed in more towards rowling though.

If you enjoy pratchett and rowling then they are well worth a read.

OK - some quick Christmas trivia to keep things moving....

How often (according to the Met Office) has snow fallen on the roof of the weather centre on a christmas day?

When was the Queens Christmas speech first televised?

When was celebrating Christmas first made illegal in England?

Ding to the final correct answer, as usual

Edited by keehotee

How often (according to the Met Office) has snow fallen on the roof of the weather centre on a christmas day? 14 <_<

When was the Queens Christmas speech first televised? She was crowned in 1953 so I guess 1955 :blink:

When was celebrating Christmas first made illegal in England? Well the English Civil war was in 1642 and I think the Christmas celebration was being stepped on before it started so I guess 1640. :huh: