The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Well its not Romania that's Mos Cracun or something (I worked there all of last year), the only other ia I know in Europe is Albania or Ethiopia in Africa

Edit: or Austria but it doesn't sound Austrian and it's not Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania cos my mate would have said

Finally - a DING to The Lavender Hill Mob for Albania. :ph34r:

Well its not Romania that's Mos Cracun or something (I worked there all of last year), the only other ia I know in Europe is Albania or Ethiopia in Africa

Edit: or Austria but it doesn't sound Austrian and it's not Estonia, Latvia or Lithuania cos my mate would have said

Finally - a DING to The Lavender Hill Mob for Albania. :)

More of a lucky dip than a lucky guess :)

I'm off to Estonia early tomorrow mornning for a week so I'm not going to have time to post a question (I'm going to bed in a mo!) and as SP lost his turn last time I hand it over to him.

Over to you SimplyPaul.

More of a lucky dip than a lucky guess :(

I'm off to Estonia early tomorrow mornning for a week so I'm not going to have time to post a question (I'm going to bed in a mo!) and as SP lost his turn last time I hand it over to him.

Over to you SimplyPaul.

xmas-smiley-7698.gif

OK, it looks like SP's done a runner too.....so while I'm sitting here in a meeting.............in which langauge does the following mean 'Merry Christmas'

1. Zalig Kerstfeast

2. Gajan Kristnaskon

3. Mele Kalikimaka

4. Hristos se rodi

5. Nollaig chridheil huibh

xmas-smiley-7698.gif

1=Holland

3=Hawaii

4=Serbia

xmas-smiley-7698.gif

1. Zalig Kerstfeast - Dutch Dinget wheelybarrow

2. Gajan Kristnaskon

3. Mele Kalikimaka - Hawaiian Dinget wheelybarrow

4. Hristos se rodi - Serbian Dinget wheelybarrow

5. Nollaig chridheil huibh - Scots Gaelic Dinget Dino-irl

xmas-smiley-7698.gif

Ding goes to whoever gets No.2

I thought it might be from Sweden/Norway kind of area - but it appears that I am very wrong according to my Swedish Colleague... so I looked it up..... I'd never have gotten that!!!!!

Admittedly I am too young to remember it, but it was during the filming of this series that Gerry first met Sylvia.

I've just asked someone who's only a few minutes older than you :unsure: and SHE knows the right answer but doesn't want to ask the next question.

She tells me it was The Adventures of Twizzle!

P

Edited by Izzy and the Lizard King

Supercar?

I was a member of The Supercar Club and got a large plastic Supercar to play with in the bath s well as a membership card.

Not Supercar I'm afraid, I wish they'd repeat that as I really enjoyed it.

Admittedly I am too young to remember it, but it was during the filming of this series that Gerry first met Sylvia.

I've just asked someone who's only a few minutes older than you :unsure: and SHE knows the right answer but doesn't want to ask the next question.

She tells me it was The Adventures of Twizzle!

P

DING! Well done Izzy, you never told me you were watching TV for all those minutes :unsure:

Over to Paul for the next question...

Keith Moon thought the new band would go down like a lead zeppelin if he and John Entwistle were in it, then their manager got them to drop the A to stop the yanks pronouncing it "leed".

They were originally the New Yardbirds....?

(Thanks to Mark W for the answers)

(Who only told me if I agreed to acknowledge him)

Edited by keehotee
...and to Mark W who is obviously not Dazed and Confused
but is a bit peed off at not getting tickets for last night!

And staying with the theme - what were the original names of these bands:-

1. Pink Floyd Wheelybarrow

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Who TLHM

4. King Crimson Izzy...

5. Queen The Wilkersons

as usual - final ding to the last correct answer......

Edited by keehotee

1. Pink Floyd

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Who

4. King Crimson

5. Queen

3. The Who....originally 'The Confederates', changed to 'The Detours', changed to 'The Who'. changed to 'The High Numbers (or High Rollers, I can't remember!), changed back to 'The Who'

No.4 King Crimson were originally formed as Giles, Giles and Fripp

Paul and I go back a long way and we went together to a KC concert in Wolverhampton in the 70s. As we are both notorious hoarders, I thought I would find the ticket stubs. Didn't find them but found stubs for T Rex which cost us each 6/- (30p)! Curved Air tickets were 8/- (40p), E.L.P were 15/- (75p) and Jethro Tull were 90p! When David Bowie did a concert in W-ton in 1973 we decided to really splash out and spend £1.20 each on tickets!!! But it was worth every penny :D:blink::blink:

Iz

1. Pink Floyd

2. The Rolling Stones

3. The Who

4. King Crimson

5. Queen

If I remember rightly, Queen were originally Smile.

No.4 King Crimson were originally formed as Giles, Giles and Fripp

Paul and I go back a long way and we went together to a KC concert in Wolverhampton in the 70s. As we are both notorious hoarders, I thought I would find the ticket stubs. Didn't find them but found stubs for T Rex which cost us each 6/- (30p)! Curved Air tickets were 8/- (40p), E.L.P were 15/- (75p) and Jethro Tull were 90p! When David Bowie did a concert in W-ton in 1973 we decided to really splash out and spend £1.20 each on tickets!!! But it was worth every penny :D:D;)

Iz

Totally OT, but my placement student 2 years ago was Mr Carl Palmer's (of ELP) daughter! just thought you'd like to know!

OK... as a great fan of Ealing Films.....and I have them all!

1. Passport to Pimlico

2. Kind Hearts and Coronets

3. Whisky Galore - story of the SS President which ran aground in the Scottish Isles!

4. The Man in the White Suit

5. The Ladykillers - recently remade.. very badly!

7. The Titfield Thunderbolt - filmed on the old Somerset and Dorset Railway near Midsomer Norton...

Chris

OK... as a great fan of Ealing Films.....and I have them all!

1. Passport to Pimlico

2. Kind Hearts and Coronets

3. Whisky Galore - story of the SS President which ran aground in the Scottish Isles!

4. The Man in the White Suit

5. The Ladykillers - recently remade.. very badly!

7. The Titfield Thunderbolt - filmed on the old Somerset and Dorset Railway near Midsomer Norton...

Chris

Ding to 'The Blorenges'