The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Not Jonah Lomu but as you've worked so hard- here's an almighty big clue:

You got the right initials!

John Leslie was a kilted kiwi (NZ-er who played for Scotland) but he never played any internationals against Scotland I don't think.

These points, were they all scored in full internationals or were they scored in non-internationals like the baabaas?

Wahey! My first ding!

Sticking with the Rugby Union theme - in what year did the code change so that a try was worth 5 points instead of 4?

It was quite recently, when I was at school it was worth 4..........when my kids were at school it was worth 5. When my dad was at school it was 3!

So it must have changed somewhere in the late 80's or early 90's! Go for the middle......1990.

13 more than Lance Armstrong. And three King of the Mountains. Something that Armstrong never did in any of his seven wins.

a.

Almost correct, Merckx actually won the King of the Mountains twice, and the points jersey 3 times. Absolutely correct with the 13 more than Armstrong, but how many?

Richard

Going by the :D smiley, I guess it's due soon.

I'll have a guess at 599,990

Judging by the smiley, I think we're probably going the wrong way. So I'll guess at 610,000.

Richard

No, more...........Bigger Gulp!

I know it's overdue 'cos I saw a documentary about it a few years ago (might have been the same one),

I'll go for 650,000 years. Although if that was the case when I saw the prog it should now be 650,002 years.

I know it's overdue 'cos I saw a documentary about it a few years ago (might have been the same one),

I'll go for 650,000 years. Although if that was the case when I saw the prog it should now be 650,002 years.

It's close enough DING BANG!............640,000 years.

When , not if, it does go bang it's estimated that will cover over 60% of the US in 3 feet of ash.......it'll be interesting trying to find a cache there then!!!!!!!!! :D

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Googled it, so not playing, and couldn't believe it - but if anybody gets this without google they're either a sufferer, a psychologist, or a cheat!!!

(Or very good at abstract greek)

Admittedly it's one of the more unusual phobias but it came up at work the other day when someone spotted it on a pub quiz website so it could go to a regular quizzer.

Fear of eating spiders/arachnids? :D:mad:

No

If it drags on for too long I'll start giving hints....

Butyro is something to do with milk and butter. I work in the animal feed industry and lots of things can affect the taste of milk, including butyric acid levels in the animals feed (thats why I know that bit of the word) :D .

So is it the fear of finding spiders in your dairy products?

:mad: