The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Swiss?

DING DING DING DING!

James Bond's parents are Andrew Bond, a Scotsman, and Monique Delacroix, from Canton de Vaud, Switzerland. Their nationalities were established in On Her Majesty's Secret Service. Fleming emphasized Bond's Scottish heritage in admiration of Sean Connery's cinematic portrayal, whereas Bond's mother is named after a Swiss fiancée of Fleming's.

:grin: Well done Lorna! B)

I'm surprised it took that long.

Over to you.

Edited by ZoomLens

The only swiss roll type cake I can think of is a ROULADE, don't know if its a muisical term though.

:grin:

Blimey, that was quick!

DING DING DING

I think a proper dessert roulade is flourless and butterless. It can also be savoury. In music it's a run of notes sung on one syllable.

Well done JackieC B)

Finally! All those Nigella episodes the other half makes me watch has finally paid off!! :laughing:

OK, name the film from the quote (6 different films). The ding goes to whoever gets the most, or in the event of a tie, whoever gets the last one gets the ding):

1. Show me the money

2. I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

3. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

4. They're here

5. Get away from her, you bitch!

6. Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads

Just want the film, but if you're SO clever you know who said it then feel free to include it in your answer :laughing:

Finally! All those Nigella episodes the other half makes me watch has finally paid off!! :laughing:

OK, name the film from the quote (6 different films). The ding goes to whoever gets the most, or in the event of a tie, whoever gets the last one gets the ding):

1. Show me the money

2. I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

3. Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the war room!

4. They're here

5. Get away from her, you bitch!

6. Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads

Just want the film, but if you're SO clever you know who said it then feel free to include it in your answer :laughing:

1 Tom Cruise - Jerry MacGuire

2 Network

3 Dr Strangelove or how I stopped worrying and learned to love the bomb

4 Poltergeist

5 Aliens - Sigourney Weavey

6 Back to the Future - Christopher lloyd

Number 6 is actually my signature on the Scottish GeoX forums.

What comic strips were on the front covers of the first issues of The Beano and The Dandy?

Biffo the Bear was one

I think Korky the cat was the other

Edit to add I didn't see Ecky's post until after I'd added this !

Edited by MartyBartfast

This is annoying because I can sort of picture it. I know it has an ostrich in it so i'll guess at Ozzie the Ostrich.

They liked their alliterative titles.

Ozzie the ostrich was an old black and white cartoon character wasnt it? Eggo was the name of the beano ostrich. But Im sure there was another strip on the front before that.

DING to Vodor!!

Beano1.jpg

Biffo didn't grace the cover until 1948 and Dennis the Menace didn't even appear in the Beano at all until the early 1950s.

Ok away from star wars :D

We all use AA batteries in our GPS systems (well most of us) But in July 2006 they were used successfully for the first time to power something a bit larger.... What was it?

If no one gets it or guesses it iill give a hint. :anitongue:

A car?