The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

Also one of the quickest cars round a housing estate as Joyriders of the 90s proved many a time!

Next question then, sort of related.

Delta is a letter of the current Greek alphabet, what are the rest of them?

Edited by melmur

OK, I knew it about 43 years ago so lte's give it a try:

alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa lambda, mu, nu, xi, omicron, pi, rho, tau, sigma, upsilon, ........what have I missed.......chi, phi, omega, and I think there was one more in the middle 'cos I make that 23 and I am sure there are 24 :rolleyes:

OK, I knew it about 43 years ago so lte's give it a try:

alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, theta, iota, kappa lambda, mu, nu, xi, omicron, pi, rho, tau, sigma, upsilon, ........what have I missed.......chi, phi, omega, and I think there was one more in the middle 'cos I make that 23 and I am sure there are 24 :rolleyes:

psi ??

If correct, please give the DING to Eckington as he deserves it for his stirling effort!

ooo! ooo! Can I play too? :laughing:

I actually know this one (I think).

'Bombardier' Billy Wells is the guy you see on the Rank intro, banging the gong. But his gong was fake and the actual noise was made by the musician James Blades and dubbed on.

So the link must be the Rank gong.

ooo! ooo! Can I play too? :(

I actually know this one (I think).

'Bombardier' Billy Wells is the guy you see on the Rank intro, banging the gong. But his gong was fake and the actual noise was made by the musician James Blades and dubbed on.

So the link must be the Rank gong.

That's in incredibly loud BOING to JackieC :D

Many years ago when I was a little schoolboy :laughing::D we had a lecture on percussion from James Blades. The gong he banged to make the noise was actually the size of a medium dinner gong :(:):):D

I only know because how hit the rank gong was the million pound question on 'who wants to be a ...' a few months back, and they mentioned that someone else did the sound.

Anyway, next question....

Who owned BDR-529??

Edited to correct my appalling typing skills. Sorry! :laughing:

Edited by JackieC

Ding to Martybartfast.

John Hancock better known for his flambouyant signature and basis for the saying 'Stick your hancock on this'

over to you Martybartfast.

Well he's the only signatory that I know and that was because of the signature question on QI.

Next Question:

Which club has held the FA cup for the longest unbroken period?

Elaine Perkins

CORRECT!!

Ken Barlow's girlfriend would have done, the the character name is even better.

You need to get out more Stevie :unsure::lol:

You're probably right Alex but I asked the Mrs (and I'm sticking to that excuse)

O k Heres an easy one

Who is Shirley Crabtree better known as?