The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

A two part question coming up: Please give both answers to get your "ding". I will not confirm whether either part of your answer is correct. If either half is wrong it'll just be a "No" MrsB (being harsh :anitongue:)

We are approaching The Longest Day...

Who wrote the novel?

Where does the title come from?

A two part question coming up: Please give both answers to get your "ding". I will not confirm whether either part of your answer is correct. If either half is wrong it'll just be a "No" MrsB (being harsh :()

We are approaching The Longest Day...

Who wrote the novel?

Where does the title come from?

It is indeed a "classic" novel about D-Day. He also wrote "A Bridge too Far", from which several geocaches have since got their names :o

The Novel is by Cornelius Ryan

The title is reputed to come from the following Rommel quote "...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day."

However I seem to recall the phrase had been used before, I think in relation tothe Charge of the Light Brigade at Sebastabel

The title is reputed to come from the following Rommel quote "...the first 24 hours of the invasion will be decisive...the fate of Germany depends on the outcome...for the Allies, as well as Germany, it will be the longest day."

However I seem to recall the phrase had been used before, I think in relation tothe Charge of the Light Brigade at Sebastabel

A resounding Ding ! for Cone-dxf...

Your turn :unsure:

OK my turn then, a 4 part question, correct answers required to each part of the question.

As we travel around placing caches, where would you go to place the following:

King of Prussia

Hell (x2)

Islet of Langerhans

Approximate locations will be fine :D

All 4 for a ding.

I'll start with one of them for fun, in the depths of the country of Pancreas :unsure:

and you got that quote word perfect without googling???? well done :-$

Islets of Langerhans are in the pancreas ... hmm, this doesn't seem right cos you couldn't place a cache there!

King of Prussia, apart from the obvious pubs dotted around the place, one of whom is run by Phil Vickery I think, there is also a place called King of Prussia in Pennsylvania, and I guess you could place a cache there.

As for Hell, I guess it may well be the name of somewhere in some language, but I know not where!

OK my turn then, a 4 part question, correct answers required to each part of the question.

Hell (x2)

There's a place called "die Hell" in South Africa somewhere. Don't know exactly where. Some friends of mine visited there a while ago.

Edited by Team Sieni

DING

OK answers I was looking for

King of Prussia - Is indeed a town in Pennsylvania

Hell (x2) - I was aware of 1 town called Hell in Michigan, and 1 in Norway

Islet of Langerhans - Bit of a naughty one :blink: Thease are in fact in your pancreaus as indentified by a couple of answers.

I think final answer came from Kennamatic, so your go....

I'm off to find out more about the third hell in South Africa

Mark

DING

I think final answer came from Kennamatic, so your go....

Not sure it should be me but just to keep it moving along......

What is the connection between;

Fay Presto

"The Old Bailey"

Posh Spice

and explain.

The ding goes to the person who gets the fourth explanation. Hope that makes sense!

What is the connection between;

Fay Presto

"The Old Bailey"

Posh Spice

and explain.

The ding goes to the person who gets the fourth explanation. Hope that makes sense!

Is it something to do with the Queen's Silver jubilee? The 1977 Date is about the time of the celebrations. I still have my Silver Jubilee coin which everyone at our school was given. I can't think of any link to any of the others though.

Is it something to do with the Queen's Silver jubilee? The 1977 Date is about the time of the celebrations. I still have my Silver Jubilee coin which everyone at our school was given. I can't think of any link to any of the others though.

Yes, the date is that of The Queens Silver Jubilee.

Think Fay Presto was a magician

Yes, Fay is a magician.

Could she have gone to the Old Bailey to grumble about not being allowed in the Magic Circle

Fay is now a member of The Magic Circle but the connection with The Old Bailey is not to do with her.

Fay is now a member of The Magic Circle but the connection with The Old Bailey is not to do with her.

So is this something they ALL have in common or a chain of connections (A connected to B by x, B connected to C by y, etc...)

All four people/events/places are seperate but, when you come up with " answers" for the other two you should see a connection.

So far you are correct with;

Fay Presto - Magician and member of The Magic Circle (The Biffas)

The Old Bailey - Nothing Yet

07.06.1977 - The Queens Silver Jubilee (NickPick)

Posh Spice - Nothing Yet.

A clue later today perhaps if no-one is there yet.

Edited by kennamatic

So is this something they ALL have in common or a chain of connections (A connected to B by x, B connected to C by y, etc...)

All four people/events/places are seperate but, when you come up with " answers" for the other two you should see a connection.

So far you are correct with;

The Old Bailey - Nothing Yet

Posh Spice - Nothing Yet.

A clue later today perhaps if no-one is there yet.

Tube stations , Circle, Jubilee, Victoria and summat else

Circle, Central,Jubilee and Victoria :o<_<

Well Done The Biffas! Thats a DINGDINGDINGDING

The Answers are;

The Old Bailey - The Central Criminal Court

Posh Spice - Victoria Beckham

Over to you...................

Welcome Little Dorothy 5,5 Hello Dolly

She's My Wife 2,4,4 My Fair Lady

Pucker Up Miss Moss 4,2,4 Kiss Me Kate

Blow WithThe Breeze 7,4,3,4 Whistle Down The Wind

Address the Lady correctly 4,2,5 Dear Ms Right

edit - changed the colours of the answers to make them stand out.

Edited by NickPick

Welcome Little Dorothy 5,5 Hello Dolly

She's My Wife 2,4,4 My Fair Lady

Pucker Up Miss Moss 4,2,4 Kiss Me Kate

Blow WithThe Breeze 7,4,3,4 Whistle Down The Wind

Address the Lady correctly 4,2,5 Dear Ms Right

edit - changed the colours of the answers to make them stand out.

Not quite right :o<_<