The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

My favourite, Spaced!

Yay that's a DING! to SP. We never saw it originally, then got hooked a few weeks ago thanks to Virgin Media's on demand thingummy-bob - classic, I'd recommend it to anyone.

The question is SP, which character are you most like?

In the absence of SP, I'll set a question that I would have precluded SP from as he should know it.

Picture Question.

What iconic 60's image has been much copied, and whose main prop, another modern icon, (a bastardised copy itself), but has since been much copied.

A ding for the image and a ding for the much copied prop, and a further ding if you can show a copy of the image.

In the absence of SP, I'll set a question that I would have precluded SP from as he should know it.

Picture Question.

What iconic 60's image has been much copied, and whose main prop, another modern icon, (a bastardised copy itself), but has since been much copied.

A ding for the image and a ding for the much copied prop, and a further ding if you can show a copy of the image.

Sandra thinks it might be the Beatles Abbey Road album cover with them crossing the road on an outsize Zebra.

200px-Beatles_-_Abbey_Road.jpg

A Big Fat DING to Nediam

The iconic image is indeed Christine Keeler sat on a copy of Arne Jacobsen's 3107 chair

k1.jpg

Original to left, copy to right....IKEA, MFI, John Lewis etal all now sell copies.

keeler2.jpg

with one of the many copies.............

keeler3.jpg

Full story can be viewed here at the V&A

(although they do appear to have Googled :anicute::unsure::anicute::D )

Like everyone keeps F1 track layouts in their head.

Looks like we are getting off the "pub quiz" level of questions again these last couple of weeks.

a.

It was a genuine pub quiz question! :D We had a similar one a few weeks ago where we had to name the 5 outlines of different tracks. I just used an online version of one of the tracks used. :D:D

There are loads of international racing meets, not just F1, at various tracks, and a lot of racing fans can recognise tracks :D

Besides, there was nothing stopping anyone from posting several guesses. :anibad:

I guess the Blorenges thought 2202 had already said Spain and that they Googled it to confirm? :D

Well, yes, I did think Spain and checked that it was so assumed that 2202 should get the ding for it - I assume SPA meant Spain - can't think what SPA stands for otherwise! So 2202 you can have my Ding. I can't think of a question anyway....

Chris

Spa is Spa-Francorchamps, in Belgium :anicute::unsure:

Anyway, no harm done :D:D

I'm off out now, to a pub quiz actually :anicute:, So if you or 2202 want to post a question then feel free :anibad: