The All New All New Groundspeak UK Pub Quiz

I know this one - Spencer Percival (had it in a pub quiz)

as a probably not very interesting aside, Britain didn't have a Prime Minister until the early part of the 1900's (I forget the year). The term 'Prime Minister was not used before then, and the top bloke was called the First Lord of the Treasury. No 10 was the home of the first Lord, and No 11 was the residence of the second Lord of the T - traditionally the Chancellor.

So there ya go! :blink:

Dave

If you had one of each of the various sizes of bottles of champagne:

Bottle

Magnum

Jeroboam

Rehoboam

Methuselah

Salmanazar

Balthazar

Nebuchadnezzar

how many litres of champagne would you have in total?

Can never remember the right order, but I know the bottle is 0.75l and the biggest is 15l, I think the others are 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 & 12, so in total: 51.75l?

If you had one of each of the various sizes of bottles of champagne:

Bottle

Magnum

Jeroboam

Rehoboam

Methuselah

Salmanazar

Balthazar

Nebuchadnezzar

how many litres of champagne would you have in total?

Can never remember the right order, but I know the bottle is 0.75l and the biggest is 15l, I think the others are 1.5, 3, 4.5, 6, 9 & 12, so in total: 51.75l?

Spot on!!!!

Silly question, needs a silly answer:

It's either 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 19 or 20 or 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 or 25 or 26 or 27 or 28 or 29 or 30 or 31 or 32 or 33 or 34 or 35 or 36 or 37 or 38 or 39 or 40 or 41 or 42 or 43 or 44 or 45 or 46 or 47 or 48 or 49.

The right answer's in there somewhere :laughing:

Silly question, needs a silly answer:

It's either 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7 or 8 or 9 or 10 or 11 or 12 or 13 or 14 or 15 or 16 or 17 or 18 or 19 or 20 or 21 or 22 or 23 or 24 or 25 or 26 or 27 or 28 or 29 or 30 or 31 or 32 or 33 or 34 or 35 or 36 or 37 or 38 or 39 or 40 or 41 or 42 or 43 or 44 or 45 or 46 or 47 or 48 or 49.

The right answer's in there somewhere :grin:

If I tell you which ones I have picked, you can narrow it down a bit cos it wont be any of them :laughing:

Oops! Sorry forgot about that.

What is the bonus ball number in this Saturday's National Lottery draw?

The same as it is every saturday: the bonus ball number is the number you need to boost your winnings if you can match that and another 5 out of 6 numbers.

"Just thinking. Assuming of course we're not dealing with five-dimensional objects in a basic Euclidean geometric universe and given the essential premise that all geo-mathematics is based on the hideously limiting notion that one plus one equals two, and not as Astemeyer correctly postulates that one and two are in fact the same thing observed from different precepts, the theoretical shape described by Siddus must therefore be a poly-dri-doc-deca-wee-hedron-a-hexa-sexa-hedro-adicon-a-di-bi-dolly-he-deca-dodron. Everything else is popycock. Isn't that so?"

I've racked my brains as I know a member of the religion and also a teacher who teaches at one of their schools. I know we've had conversations about it. I've got a choice of two so, first guess, I'll plump for Dublin.

....to be sure, to be sure :o:o

by the Revd John Darby in around 1827.

Over to you.........

I've racked my brains as I know a member of the religion and also a teacher who teaches at one of their schools. I know we've had conversations about it. I've got a choice of two so, first guess, I'll plump for Dublin.

....to be sure, to be sure :o:o

by the Revd John Darby in around 1827.

Over to you.........

O.K. Another music "record" from me.

What L.P. has spent the most consecutive weeks in the UK album charts and by whom was it recorded?

Given it's the best selling UK album ever I'll go for Queen's Greatest Hits by Queen.

Nope, but you're right, that is the best selling UK album. (approx 5.4 million copies and counting)

Hmm I can think of a few probables. How about Dark Side of the Moon (Pink Floyd)

That's the longest record by a group ever to appear in the UK charts (211 weeks)

I'll guess Bat out of hell, by Meatloaf,

That's the longest charting album by a male artist (244 weeks and never higher than number 9 in the charts).

Carry on up the Charts, Beautiful South?

Nope.

Was it by a rather odd-looking US artist by any chance?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Depends who you are thinking of?