Where to Buy a Garmin 60CSx

I'm curious to know where you can walk into a store and buy a Garmin 60CSx? It seems like pretty much the only place to buy them is online. I've been to numerous stores here in the Pittsburgh area (Dick's, Gander Mountain, Best Buy, etc.), but never see one on the shelf...?

I'm surprised that, as popular a unit as they are, I've never seen one in an actual brick & mortar store.

Do you have an R.E.I. (Recreational Equipmennt Incorporated) store there? They carry all the GPSrs and you can walk in and hold each of them to decide which one you like. Although their prices are a bit higher than online, they have a great return policy if something goes wrong, or if you decide to upgrade.

Turns out we do have one! I've never been there, but I see we have one nearby. Thanks!

Do you have an R.E.I. (Recreational Equipmennt Incorporated) store there? They carry all the GPSrs and you can walk in and hold each of them to decide which one you like. Although their prices are a bit higher than online, they have a great return policy if something goes wrong, or if you decide to upgrade.

Turns out we do have one! I've never been there, but I see we have one nearby. Thanks!

Be prepared to pay full MSRP at REI. Their price is nearly $100 bucks more than it is at Amazon.com

So I headed down there today, purely out of curiosity (I'm actually not even near being ready to plunk down money for a new unit at this point, but I'd definitely like one of these eventually).

I asked the guy behind the counter if they had them, and he showed me that they did indeed have many of them in stock. Without me even saying anything about the $449 price, he started going into a long blithering spiel about how that's the price that ALL authorized Garmin dealers have to charge, and that if you find it cheaper elsewhere it's "because the unit is stolen or something."

So apparently when I bought my 60CS on Amazon, I got a stolen unit, and all of the other online deals are bogus and you're all buying stolen goods :(

You might try Sportsmans Warehouse... In this area they carry a huge selection of GPSr's in stock. You have one in Pittsburgh....heres the link Sportsmans Warehouse - Pittsburgh

I was in my local Gander Mountain last night. They had the 60Csx for $499, I just got mine this week from Amazon for$359 (free shipping, delivered overnight). I also had checked with a local GPS shop (they also have a web site) about trying to match Amazon's pricing. They never returned my email. I really wanted to give the local business a chance, but they dropped the ball. I would have paid a little more, but $60 more (also purchased CN NT8) was more than I can go.

I'm curious to know where you can walk into a store and buy a Garmin 60CSx? It seems like pretty much the only place to buy them is online. I've been to numerous stores here in the Pittsburgh area (Dick's, Gander Mountain, Best Buy, etc.), but never see one on the shelf...?

I'm surprised that, as popular a unit as they are, I've never seen one in an actual brick & mortar store.

I was unable to find a Vista CX in a brick and mortar store, but I was able to get one through West Marine. I asked if they price matched, which they will do in most cases (I guess it depends on where you get the price), they matched WM's online price (best I could find at the time), shipped to my house in 2 days free of charge. The unit I got wound up having a messed up screen, so I went to the store and had them order a new one, they let me keep the first one to use until the new one arrived (it was useable, just a line of messed up pixels). They have GREAT customer service, and I would not hesitated to shop there again!!! I don't think they had the 60cx in stock, at my local store, but 2 day free shipping is a pretty good deal!! BTW, the rubber was pealing of from the battery case of the second unit, so I went back and switched it with the first one, and once again... great customer service. I am beginning to lose faith in Garmin :o , but not West Marine! :rolleyes:

PCNation is quite competitive. Free 3 day shipping. I opted for the 76csx. My first GPS should arrive Wednesday! Do they come with a tutor?

******************************************************************************************

1 6208-6G0190-3390 010-00469-00 GARMIN 76CSX HANDHELD GPS

_________

Sales

Tax: 0.00

Total $: 330.65

Edited by Turbobuick86

I bounced around the net, looked at the local Gander Mountain, and some of the local stores. $450-499 for the locals(add 8% tax). The net was around $330-340.00 plus shipping that varied from $10 next day, to free 3-5 day, to as much as you wanted to spend.

I went with gpsonsale for $329.99. After my recent issues with an Etrex I added the extended warranty. Something I normally pass on when it comes to electronics but like cell phone insurance I might put it to use.

http://www.gpsonsale.com/garmin/products/60csx.htm

Well, this is annoying. Neither amazon.com nor gpsonsale.com will ship to me (I have an APO AE address). Will have to keep searching, I suppose.

Edit: It appears that this is a near-universal issue. Guess I'll have to have it sent to my parents and have them send it along. (sigh)

Edited by hzoi

how do you find out the shipping cost from gpsonsale without going through the checkout process

If forget offhand, but I did it and the shipping wasn't cheap...I want to say it was like $12...whatever it was it offset the price difference when I was looking at them the first time at sites like Amazon and such. That was about a year ago though.