Jumpy Cx

I’ve upgraded from my trusty Legend B/W to the Legend Cx. Love the features, but noted that when caching w/ the Legend that the display & pointer are stable when I’m standing still, but the Cx jumps all over the place about once/second. Am I missing a setting or something? (Please don’t tell me to not stand still – I get stumped w/ some caches and just need to stop & ponder :smile: )

Thanks for your help,

star-geezer

This thread may help:

Cx not giving accurate readings

Thanks Ka-Ching! I'll read through this tread and see what I can find. I peeked at the end and many cachers are saying ver 2.6 solved their problems. I have that loaded and will see what the accuracy/location data looks against caches I've found w/ my Legend b/w. Still, my problem arises when I stop moving (in car, bike or on foot). The map display rotates around my location and the compass goes beserk on the compass page. Straightens out when I move again.

Thanks again for the thread.

star-geezer

Still, my problem arises when I stop moving (in car, bike or on foot). The map display rotates around my location and the compass goes beserk on the compass page. Straightens out when I move again.

Thanks again for the thread.

star-geezer

That's because the Cx doesn't have a true compass. It can deduce your direction of travel, but only when moving.

Edited by Prime Suspect