JIMBOBWE's - Painting for Cache Geocoin

JIMBOBWE

I just lookin for some feedback on my new coin.When i came up with this idea,i wanted to put all my passion into one coin.Geocaching,airbrushing geocaches and micros(I Love Hiding Them!)

I won't be taking any reservations until i get my photo samples.I should have those within the next couple of days or so.Here is my final artwork!!84224044-30c8-41f8-97d5-83f77c0365a5.jpg

I will be minting 250 coins in SHINY Chrome and 100 coins in SHINY Gold.The Gold coins will be a Litmited edition.All coins will be G.C. Trackable w/Custom Icon.Each set of coins will be numbered 1-250 for chrome and 1-100 for gold.Frontside of the coin will be 3-D.The dimensions are 2 in. wide by 1.35 in. tall.The thickness will be 3.5 mm.I originally wanted a completely 3-d coin but accordining to Groundspeak thats not possible anymore.I guess it wouldn't be coin if it was 3-D right?

I look forward to hearing feedback from my fellow Geocoin collectors!!

Thanks!!!JIMBOBWE

That is a very neat looking coin.

When I did my GasCan coin, the advice was to avoid long skinny sections of metal, especially ones that stick out from another piece of the coin. This kind of feature makes the coin harder to mint and leaves potential for the coin to bend at that point. :smile: Your coin has this kind of feature in spades! I'd definitely be interested in some of these coins, but I wonder how the mint will handle this. Also, you will be paying for a 2" diameter coin mold, but it looks like with the amount of cut-out you have, that you will have a coin about the weight of a 1" coin or less.

The coin will be done in a die-cast zinc alloy.So it should very sturdy coin with no no worries about bending.The thickness is 3.5 mm.It will be nice heavy!!!As far as the price to mint it,that really didn't concern me.I just wanted it to be sharp.I'm really excited to see the sample photos.As soon as that happens i will definately post them here.Thanks for your responses.JIMBOBWE

The coin will be done in a die-cast zinc alloy.So it should very sturdy coin with no no worries about bending.The thickness is 3.5 mm.It will be nice heavy!!!As far as the price to mint it,that really didn't concern me.I just wanted it to be sharp.I'm really excited to see the sample photos.As soon as that happens i will definately post them here.Thanks for your responses.JIMBOBWE

Just to note that zinc is actually not as heavy as brass, which is also used for geocoins.

Density

Zinc = 7.140 g/mL

Brass = 8.400 g/mL

You may end up with a much 'heftier' coin if you can convince the mint to make the coins from a brass planchet (coin blank) rather than zinc. I assume that the mint is already working on this coin for you, hence you are just waiting for sample photos. When they get the photo, you should also request that they weigh the coin on something like a postal scale so that you can get an idea of 'heft'. Then you can find another coin in your collection that weighs nearly the same for comparison. If you can get the mint to strike your coin in brass as well, it would be worth a comparison of weight.

Oh Very Nice! :P

I'll have to keep a look out for these. Definately would like to have a couple.

I used to have a Badger and was JUST learning the basics of it when someone broke into our garage and stole it along with my tools. :laughing::laughing:

I never replaced it. :laughing:

I've been looking at a Paasche kit at Michael's Art & Craft store, but being that the whole kit is only around $100 makes me wonder how good it is. :laughing:

D-man :laughing:

Oh Very Nice! :P

I'll have to keep a look out for these. Definately would like to have a couple.

I used to have a Badger and was JUST learning the basics of it when someone broke into our garage and stole it along with my tools. :laughing::laughing:

I never replaced it. :laughing:

I've been looking at a Paasche kit at Michael's Art & Craft store, but being that the whole kit is only around $100 makes me wonder how good it is. :laughing:

D-man :laughing:

Actually the Paasche VL is a great starter airbrush.It's what i taught my self to airbrush with.In fact i still have it.I use an Iwata SBS auto and HBC.I think i own 6 airbrushes total.An essential key to airbrushing is to KEEP IT CLEAN!!They clog very easily.Just drop an e-mail Gridlox if you need any help finding a airbrush.I could steer you in the right direction.

Ya gonna be doing trades?

I'll most definately be doing trades.Of course i need to sell a certain amount of coins first.I'm keeping 50 coins for personal and trading purposes.

I was just informed via e-mail that i should have pics by tomarrow.I'll have them posted as soon as i get them!!

I will be able to take orders for the coins in a couple fo days.I'll have 225 of chrome and 85 gold for sale.(After i sell a cetain amount of coins,i'll will be able to make some trades)Just need to set up my paypal account for this.Also the coin is made in brass.I originally thought that it was zinc.I e-mailed Rusty @ PersonalGeocoins and he set me straight.I really think Rusty did an awesome job orchestrating my coin.Way to go RUSTY!!!

Edited by JIMBOBWE

O.K. I'm ready to accept PRESALE ORDERs!!The price is as follows:The Chrome coin is $8.50 plus shipping.The Limited Edtion Gold Coin is $9.50 plus shipping.EACH COINS IS NUMBERED ON THE BACK.If you have a number prference let me know and i'll try my best to accomodate your needs.Shipping will be $1.50 and an additional $.50 per coin (which seems to be standard from what i've seen on here.)Anything outside of the U.S. and Canada shipping will be adjusted accordingly.

The coins will be in hand in a little over 2 weeks.

when placing your order please leave the following:

1.)G.C. User name.

2.)Real name.

3.)Paypal e-mail.

4.)Shipping address.

5.)Metal Finish desired.

6.)Quantity.

You can either e-mail me at Javaritt2@hotmail.com or post your order here and i will email you.If you have any other questions feel free to ask.....

Thanks,JIMBOBWE

Thanks big guy...these are really nice coins, I'm glad they came out as well as they did for you! Now I might just have to go and buy the other metal as I really like this coin...and the cacher behind this one is a friend from the area!!

I'll be home for awhile...maybe I can win one of these...would make a great prize for our Hayes event!!

Alright here's the deal with the AMMO CAN GIVEAWAY.

After i sell around 200 of my new coins.Which shouldn't be that much longer(presales have been phenominal).I will pick at random two numbers from the coins purchased(each coin is numbered).And the purchaser of that coin will receive a CUSTOM AIRBRUSHED AMMO CAN!!(Only one winner per team!!)Both Ammo cans will have an elaborate airbrushed camoed' design.Each can will have the winner's Team Name Gold Leafed on one side and the Groundspeak logo Metal Leafed on the opposite side.I will post pictures of the ammo cans as they progress.I normally don't airbrush any of my ammo can hides(i figure they will get beat up out there in the wild or muggled so what's the point,right?),so this will alot of fun for me to do.And this is a great way to show my appreciation for your interests in my coins!!!!

On another note!!!!

This forum is the only way to order The Gold edition of my coin!!!

Thanks for your orders!!!

JIMBOBWE

Yeah, tell me about it :blink: Thanks for showing up at the CITO today so we could buy coins and enter your contest :o

If it wasn't for the fact that i had 10,000 easter eggs to place for my church for our Easter egg hunt and had family coming up from southern OHIO for my B-Day today,i would of loved to make our CITO.Besides,i think we still have 3 more CITO events scheduled.There will be plenty more opportunities to pick up strange fluids in pop bottles at another time.TMA, i've got plenty of both coins reserved for my fellow NWOGEO members!!!

Edited by JIMBOBWE

On another note!!!!

This forum is the only way to order The Gold edition of my coin!!!

Thanks for your orders!!!

JIMBOBWE

Yeah, tell me about it :blink: Thanks for showing up at the CITO today so we could buy coins and enter your contest :o

If it wasn't for the fact that i had 10,000 easter eggs to place for my church for our Easter egg hunt and had family coming up from southern OHIO for my B-Day today,i would of loved to make our CITO.Besides,i think we still have 3 more CITO events scheduled.There will be plenty more opportunities to pick up strange fluids in pop bottles at another time.TMA, i've got plenty of both coins reserved for my fellow NWOGEO members!!!

Well, Happy Birthday! :o