"banned"

cachers being "banned" what would cause this and why?

Ya gotta have a real bug up yer arse to get banned here and that's from my observations over 4 years.

I've had less than half a dozen official warnings and a few light slaps on the hand here in that time and I tend to push the envelope regularly.

I know some people who know some other people and I've heard about some pretty insane stuff being sent in gc.com email and PMs that can also get you banninated, but such is the nature of the internet. :smile:

Read the TOS and tryyyy not to cross those lines and you're pretty much safe from getting banninated.

Hats off the the admins and volunteers who keep this place 98.5% civil for those of us with a thick enough skins to endure here. I laugh my head off when folks in my local group talk about how mean spirited this forum can be. This place is downright peaceful compared to many other forums.

Ya gotta have a real bug up yer arse to get banned here and that's from my observations over 4 years.

I've had less than half a dozen official warnings and a few light slaps on the hand here in that time and I tend to push the envelope regularly.

I know some people who know some other people and I've heard about some pretty insane stuff being sent in gc.com email and PMs that can also get you banninated, but such is the nature of the internet. :huh:

Read the TOS and tryyyy not to cross those lines and you're pretty much safe from getting banninated.

Hats off the the admins and volunteers who keep this place 98.5% civil for those of us with a thick enough skins to endure here. I laugh my head off when folks in my local group talk about how mean spirited this forum can be. This place is downright peaceful compared to many other forums.

I have gotta agree with Snoogans that you REALLY have to work at it to get banned on this site/forum. Even though the general tone of this forum is a LOT gentler, more civil and more docile than many forums where I spend time or where I have spent time in the past, the mods here still allow a reasonable and sane amount of rambunctiousness; i.e., a certain amount of latitude is allowed. In my time here (since mid-2005), I have never witnessed a banning unless someone really worked at being incredibly irritating or hostile (or incredibly insane in their posting behavior.)

Postscript: Personally, the only times I even skirt near the edge are those times when I receive warnings from the mods about my occasional comments referencing the well-known fact that Keystone supplies Signal the Frog with Chemical X and that there have been other shameful indiscretions (some requiring emergency midnight calls to 911) in that area as well. And, even in that case, when the mods censure me, their emails always close with a semi-apologetic note something along the lines of "Yes, we all know that the stories about Keystone and Signal are true, but we try to keep a bit of a lid on publicity about the matter for fear of investigations by certain federal agencies. Thank you for your cooperation in helping to keep this shameful matter quiet as we all try to keep Keystone out of the federal slammer." Sheesh! All I can say is: "That poor frog!" :smile::(

As mentioned violating the TOS guidelines can get you banned from the forums AND the site completely - to get the special shoes for the complete banishment you have to work really hard (well not really).

Forum banishment is the best though, I've lurked since I first started and nosing through some of the threads and reading the posts that get folks banned over could make a nice drama novel. Banning someone from forums takes the wind out of their sails but still allows them to play - complete banishment means Groundspeak does not want your business anymore.

Remember this is a private site that WE enjoy - the rules can be made and changed at the drop of a dime and the only thing you can do is whine. Would that happen - more than likely not, this activity relies heavily on community/individual support.

Moderating the forums is like having a bunch of kids running around – give them some room to play but when they get too rowdy step in and bring them down a notch. The ones that don’t listen get sent to time-out” or get sent home.

Jeez - I'm feeling left out, I have never been warned (now where is the whiney smiley face)

[potty mouth deleted by moderator]

I would hafta agree with the part in red. I got a 3 day break recently for a pretty cheesy reason. I would have apologized if given a chance, but this person's attitude was not worth a response from me. I did my time. No appeal. No double jeopardy. :)<_<:anibad:

Edited by Quiggle

[potty mouth deleted by moderator]

Can people get banned for implied obscenity?

Maybe. But I would guess that it is even more likely when it is a sock puppet implying it.......

This sock puppet has patience. The account was created a month ago, and the posts are from today.

Edited by Quiggle