eXplorist 210 and the car power adapter

We think we've found the answer to this question, but we're just looking for a confirmation:

We just bought an eXplorist 210 and several accessories for it, including a car cigarette lighter power adapter. At first, we thought we'd bought the wrong adapter because the package says it's for the eXplorist 300/400/500. However, the Magellan website says it's the right one: accessories page.

Now, the problem is that we can't find any documentation, anywhere, that tells us what this adapter plugs into. There isn't a plug on the unit itself.

So, does the cigarette lighter power adapter plug into the USB cable, which attaches to the unit?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

We think we've found the answer to this question, but we're just looking for a confirmation:

We just bought an eXplorist 210 and several accessories for it, including a car cigarette lighter power adapter. At first, we thought we'd bought the wrong adapter because the package says it's for the eXplorist 300/400/500. However, the Magellan website says it's the right one: accessories page.

Now, the problem is that we can't find any documentation, anywhere, that tells us what this adapter plugs into. There isn't a plug on the unit itself.

So, does the cigarette lighter power adapter plug into the USB cable, which attaches to the unit?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

I do not know anything about your unit or the cables provided, but I do know that I power my unit while in the car through a Cigarette Lighter to USB adapter which I then connect to the USB cable used to download data to the unit. This cost me $6 instead of the $30 they want for the adapter.

Therefore I assume as long as there is a way to connect your GPS to the cigarette lighter using some sort of combo, it should work no problem.

Yes, the car adapter simply plus into the "Y" in the USB cable (the same place the AC adapter plugs in).

BTW...the car adapter for the Sony PSP (PlayStation Portable) works for the eXplorist line...and you can get one at Target for about $6.

That's great advice... I bought one that was meant for a Gameboy, but I tossed the cable part and just use the lighter-USB adapter part. Got it on EBay for like $5. It's great, I power the PSP and GPS, anything that takes USB power. :laughing:

Just make sure it has a USB outlet, and is not just a cable from lighter to PSP port, which is small and round.

Get something like this from eBay:

pspcar.jpg

Edited by redcoyote12