PQ's not working?

Keith Watson

I just ran two for the weekend. One I have not run since October, but I am going over there tomorrow and wanted a fresh query. It ran in minutes. The second one is my regular local radial search. I ran it for the purpose of cleaning out the caches I found this week. It has not come in yet, but since it ran a few days ago I don't expect it until later anyway.

Since PQ that have run recently are put at the bottom of the list, it seems like they are running normally at this point. Hopefully yours (and mine) will come in by the end of the day. I can see that Friday might be an exceptionally busy PQ day, and if they don't run I would not be surprised actually.

I haven't received my scheduled PQ's yet either. I am a little frustrated at how the server schedules them. I have bumped my PQ's out to three days apart in hopes they would get a higher priority. I know there are workarounds where you can copy your PQ and tell it to run once and delete bumping you to the head of the class.

With the server taking new requests first, scheduled requests my never get to run. It should be more like a yield system. One or two of the new requests, then one or two scheduled. That way it filters through everyone's requests. I use mine to pull my bookmark lists updated data into GSAK and then use GSAK to parse my data. This then takes the brunt off of gc.com for my queries. I just need to be able to get the data in the first place...... :smile:

I created new copies yesterday morning and they ran. No I am still waiting for them to run today. Would be nice to know if there is a problem, then I would understand.

You're trying to run the same PQ on Friday AND Saturday? That's why it's late/not running on Saturday. Since your PQ just ran the previous day it's at the BOTTOM of the priority list. You're better off running a copy of the PQ the next day.

My other PQ came in at 3 AM Pacific time the next day. I just ran one from Feb 26 to see what happens, plus I am going that way tomorrow.

Edited to add that it popped into my email in 3 minutes.

Edited by mtn-man

Because this area is very cache-rich, I have created several PQs, each with a different centerpoint. The 500-cache circles overlap to some degree. I never request the same PQ on consecutive days.

Sometimes, I request a PQ and by the time I log into my ISP's website, it is sitting in my InBox. The PQs work perfectly for me. :(

The only one that I am not getting is the "My Finds" one that you can only run weekly.

If that is the case, it's likely that your ISP limits the size of attachments (your MY FINDS may be larger than a typical PQ since you have more than 500 finds). Try sending it to a different email address and see if that helps.

Because this area is very cache-rich, I have created several PQs, each with a different centerpoint. The 500-cache circles overlap to some degree. I never request the same PQ on consecutive days.

Sometimes, I request a PQ and by the time I log into my ISP's website, it is sitting in my InBox. The PQs work perfectly for me. :rolleyes:

Why not use one centerpoint and use the Placed date to sepperate them into different PQ's. That way you don't have any overlap.

The only one that I am not getting is the "My Finds" one that you can only run weekly.

If that is the case, it's likely that your ISP limits the size of attachments (your MY FINDS may be larger than a typical PQ since you have more than 500 finds). Try sending it to a different email address and see if that helps.

Thanks for the tip, that is a great idea, but can I send the My Finds Query to an alternate email address? If so, how do I cahnge that one. I know how to do it on all of PQ's that I have created, but not that one

Sometimes, I request a PQ and by the time I log into my ISP's website, it is sitting in my InBox. The PQs work perfectly for me. :laughing:

Why not use one centerpoint and use the Placed date to sepperate them into different PQ's. That way you don't have any overlap.

I guess 'cause I don't need all the data for the entire area. If I think I might be heading to the north, I can request one or another PQ that covers that area to get the latest cache information.

If I think I might be heading southwest, I can request the PQ with the centerpoint in that direction. If I am heading east, I can request the PQ for the mountains, or for the desert.

In a 50-mile radius of my house, there are more than 4000 caches. If there wasn't an ocean 30 miles to the west . . . I wonder how many there would be . . . :laughing:

So . . . this works for me. A different system might work better for someone else. :laughing:

Thanks for the tip, that is a great idea, but can I send the My Finds Query to an alternate email address? If so, how do I cahnge that one. I know how to do it on all of PQ's that I have created, but not that one

The MY FINDS PQ gets sent to the address that is setup as your contact email in your GC profile. Change it there to redirect the MY FINDS PQ to another account.

The MY FINDS PQ gets sent to the address that is setup as your contact email in your GC profile. Change it there to redirect the MY FINDS PQ to another account.

Thanks, but that was what I was afraid you were going to tell me.