Garmin, the official GPS of the British

Was reading an update on the British/Iran hostage situation and they showed a picture of a Garmin Etex Legend with the coordinates where the British troops were abducted. Not sure if the British navy was using the unit at the time. Thought it was interesting. Tried to go back and see the picture again, but could not. Did anyone else see this??

Was reading an update on the British/Iran hostage situation and they showed a picture of a Garmin Etex Legend with the coordinates where the British troops were abducted. Not sure if the British navy was using the unit at the time. Thought it was interesting. Tried to go back and see the picture again, but could not. Did anyone else see this??

The article is here in a newspaper

scroll down a bit

I saw it as well, you might can find it on yahoo.

Yup, because of budget cost the British navy is using Etrex !!! B) And the army uses the camo model !

Com'on boys !

Don't conclude anything from a news media picture. Often the pictures to document an article is taken from somewhere else !

True, it is a documented fact that some soldiers uses their own private GPS as they have more features than the military one.

Guess, I took too long to post my thread on this (Trusy eTrex Backs Up British Soldiers) . Had it open and got busy before I had a chance submit it. Is there a way to request my thread be locked to avoid duplication.

video:

http://www.kamera.com/content/anm/World_Iran.asx (~1:08)

Pretty sure it was on the following page, but the link was replaced with a link to article about Iran wanting it's vases back:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1811&ct=5

I saw it as well, you might can find it on yahoo.

Yup, because of budget cost the British navy is using Etrex !!! B) And the army uses the camo model !

Com'on boys !

Don't conclude anything from a news media picture. Often the pictures to document an article is taken from somewhere else !

True, it is a documented fact that some soldiers uses their own private GPS as they have more features than the military one.

I wasn't conlcuding anything...Simply commenting that I saw the picture. It was kind of cool that an Etrex Legend was the unit that happened to be in the picture.