Kentucky cachers Hello

emurock

This a place for Kentucky area geocacher's to chat. B)

Hey! First post to the forums.

I've only been caching for about 2 weeks now. My fiance (KingJoe) has gotten me hooked on it. We figured this gets us off the couch and it's exercise but fun at the same time. We're hoping to meet some fellow cachers as well. We're in Lexington.

This a place for Kentucky area geocacher's to chat. B)

Hey! First post to the forums.

I've only been caching for about 2 weeks now. My fiance (KingJoe) has gotten me hooked on it. We figured this gets us off the couch and it's exercise but fun at the same time. We're hoping to meet some fellow cachers as well. We're in Lexington.

If you haven't already, you might want to check out http://www.geocky.org/ . The page is out of date, but there are newer posts in the forums. There's a CITO event in Lexington tomorrow (Friday evening) that you might be interested in.

I'm in Lexington, as well. As for the Geocky.org website, it's still a good resource, despite the front page being a bit out of date. We do have at least monthly meetings to get together and tell lies and tall stories share our caching adventures. Keep an eye out for them on line, we always welcome new addicts members!

...we always welcome new addicts members!

41 finds, a FTF, and 2 cache adoptions in my first 9 days back caching (after a LONG hiatus)...I'd say I'm addicted, no? It's a disease I tell you, a horribly fun disease. We missed the Geocky CITO, but hopefully we can catch the Lake Cumberland CITO so we can get involved, albeit not locally. And maybe a Geocky meeting so we can meet our fellow Lexington-area cachers, too. We both signed up over at Geocky several days ago, so we'll keep an eye out. We just missed niffir the other night near Hamburg.

I'm also pretty sure I saw a fellow cacher over at the new (terribly challenging) greenspace cache near Fayette Mall. Sometimes you're so busy trying to not look like you're caching you don't notice friends doing the same!

Thanks!!

Edited by KingJoe

:) Hey Kentucky Cachers! :anicute:

Good idea to have our own slice of the forum fun.

Hope to see lots of cachers in April at the Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow event.

Are you planning on doing any sandals hiking this weekend emurock? :)

I was impressed you made it through the day at the trailmix in those. Cache on!

:) Hey Kentucky Cachers! :anicute:

Good idea to have our own slice of the forum fun.

Hope to see lots of cachers in April at the Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow event.

Are you planning on doing any sandals hiking this weekend emurock? :)

I was impressed you made it through the day at the trailmix in those. Cache on!

I will not be going to the Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow event. Now that spring break is here I will try and get some caching done. But not in Louisville, because I will be going up north away's to get my spring break caching. I all ways go up north on spring break to visit family and I try to get some caching done as well. But I do not konw if I will be wearing sandals because of this new cold weather and the fact that I am going north. But if it's warm enough I will wear'm. :)

Greetings to all fellow Kentucky Cachers!

Im treasure_hunter and I live in Eastern Kentucky. When I started caching, there were no other cachers in my area (nearest one being approx. 45-50 min away). Im happy to say that since then we now have our very own Geocaching Group for the region and the group is very active. Kentucky is a great state for Geocaching and has so much to offer. I do quiet a bit of caching in the Lexington area and I hope to expand my searches throughout the rest of the state.

*If anyone will be coming through Eastern Kentucky and would like to know some nice caches in the area, please email me taylorbrent@bellsouth.net

I'm wondering did any one go to the Windy Rock CITO in Bardstown Kentucky this weekend?

Neos 1 and I went, though we were a little bit late (not as late as some people though!). The group did a nice job, and got a lot of the area cleaned up and cleared out.

After the work day was over, folks lounged, or played guitar and sang, or fished a little.Then we created a huge bonfire with some of the dead wood we had piled up and we made hobo dinners over the fire--YUMMY! We sat around telling tall tales to each other and just enjoying the company and the fine weather. Some folks spent the night; we, unfortunately, had to come home. Hopefully the weather will be almost that nice for Octoberfest at Windy Rock this year--last year it got down to 25 overnight--brrrr!

I'm wondering did any one go to the Windy Rock CITO in Bardstown Kentucky this weekend?

Neos 1 and I went, though we were a little bit late (not as late as some people though!). The group did a nice job, and got a lot of the area cleaned up and cleared out.

After the work day was over, folks lounged, or played guitar and sang, or fished a little.Then we created a huge bonfire with some of the dead wood we had piled up and we made hobo dinners over the fire--YUMMY! We sat around telling tall tales to each other and just enjoying the company and the fine weather. Some folks spent the night; we, unfortunately, had to come home. Hopefully the weather will be almost that nice for this Octoberfest at Windy Rock year--last year it got down to 25 overnight--brrrr!

Sound's like you had fun, I would have went but it was too far from home for me. But I hope to go to the Octoberfest at Windy Rock this year tho. B)

Bump, are their any cachers in kentucky that would like to talk about something?

Hmmm...

I'm going camping at Natural Bridge sometime in the next couple of weeks. Any good caches to do in that area?

I myself am going to Natural Bridge sometime in June. I would like to know about some of the caches in that area, but so far I don't know nothing about caches in Natural Bridge.

Bump, are their any cachers in kentucky that would like to talk about something?

Hmmm...

I'm going camping at Natural Bridge sometime in the next couple of weeks. Any good caches to do in that area?

I myself am going to Natural Bridge sometime in June. I would like to know about some of the caches in that area, but so far I don't know nothing about caches in Natural Bridge.

I did a search yesterday and only found one that looked like it was near the park. I didn't find any in the park, but I also didn't look around too much. Looks like we'll be driving around to get to some caches while we are there instead. When in June are you going? I think we'll be going sometime in the first week of June.

Hmmm...

I did a search yesterday and only found one that looked like it was near the park. I didn't find any in the park, but I also didn't look around too much. Looks like we'll be driving around to get to some caches while we are there instead. When in June are you going? I think we'll be going sometime in the first week of June.

Sorry, but I will not be going in June, but instead I will be going in August. And here is a search of the area. And you are right their is only one cache in the park, I just hope that someone hinds some more.

Speaking of Kentucky cachers, I've not been able to access the GEOCKY website for a while. Did something happen to it?

I logged in just now. No problems.

Well thanks, at least now I know it's just me. :lol:

I've tried 3 browsers and I cannot access anything to do with GEOCKY, not even the linking image I have on my profile will show up. :lol: This computer annoys me greatly, I had a much better one, but that is a whole story of it's own.

Hmmm...

Sorry, but I will not be going in June, but instead I will be going in August. And here is a search of the area. And you are right their is only one cache in the park, I just hope that someone hinds some more.

Sorry folks, no new caches can go there--According to GEOCKY:

The following parks have dedicated state nature preserves on them: Blue Licks Battlefield, Carter Caves, Cumberland Falls, John James Audubon, Kingdom Come, Natural Bridge, & Pine Mountain. Geocaches are not allowed on state nature preserves.

Speaking of Kentucky cachers, I've not been able to access the GEOCKY website for a while. Did something happen to it?

I logged in just now. No problems.

Well thanks, at least now I know it's just me. :lol:

I've tried 3 browsers and I cannot access anything to do with GEOCKY, not even the linking image I have on my profile will show up. :lol: This computer annoys me greatly, I had a much better one, but that is a whole story of it's own.

Drop HOYS an email, I'm sure he'll be able to fix you right up.

Howdy! New to the sport, but been exploring the idea for some time. Finally jumped in and having a blast!

I'm in the Northern Kentucky area!

:D

Welcome :( I know at least one cacher up in northern Kentucky-- she is a wheresgeorge participant like me and went on her first cache hunt at my wheresgeorge picnic last summer. I don't know if there's a northern Kentucky geocaching organization.

Whats up everyone im from pulaski co. looking for more people from this area. My friend and I are wanting to start a club here and are looking for people to join if anyone is interested please email me at dk1312@somersetcachers.com :rolleyes:

Thank You

Kevin Hansford

Hey guys, I posted a thread for the "Hazard/ Perry County Tour II"(GC14H9K).

It doesn't look like anyone has even bothered to open the thread.

Check it out, we would love to have some fellow Kentucky Geocachers there.

I would like too come but it's too far out of my way.

B) There are so many event caches in Kentucky over the next 2 months that it makes me dizzy! :D

I'm having a wheresgeorge event in September that will also likely feature geocaching...thinking of even hiding a new cache or two as part of it. Hopefully you are able to join us this year, s-m-s!

Hello everyone.....we are Team_DDNight. We just moved here from Hawaii and are now living in Elizabethtown. Those of you in the E-Town area have probably seen some of our logs in logbooks and online lately....we try to stay pretty active and hope to hit 1K prior to the new year. Not sure how close we'll get, but we'll try.

We will be attending a few of the numerous events in the next few months and we hope to meet some of you then.

Talk to you later,

Dan

Team_DDNight

My daughter is a cacher and she currently resides @ Cumberland College in Williamsburg.

Hi

Welcome to Kentucky. I am a 1972 graduate of Cumberland College. Wish that Geocaching was up and running when I lived in Williamsburg. I was in the area for over four years and I traveled a good portion of the area and the surrounding counties. Good luck at Cumberland. If you are in my area let me know. Be glad to help in anyway I can.

Bassetslave

Elizabethtown KY

Hey all,

I am from Louisville, and I don't really know how to get started. I want to try some caches around town before I start making it around the region, and eventually the country. Can anyone suggest any equipment, or even some local meetings that I could come to. I've always done better about getting motivated when there is face to face time so I can ask my questions to someone in person. It's weird, but I can never think of all the questions until I have the opportunity to talk to someone with experience and I am in conversation with them. If you guys could get me started I would much appreciate it.

The GreatCountySky

online program for funeral directing

Hey all,

I am from Louisville, and I don't really know how to get started. I want to try some caches around town before I start making it around the region, and eventually the country. Can anyone suggest any equipment, or even some local meetings that I could come to. I've always done better about getting motivated when there is face to face time so I can ask my questions to someone in person. It's weird, but I can never think of all the questions until I have the opportunity to talk to someone with experience and I am in conversation with them. If you guys could get me started I would much appreciate it.

The GreatCountySky

online program for funeral directing

Check out this website for the next INKY event in the area. They usually have one every 3rd Tuesday in the month. November's is bumped up to the second Tuesday because of Thanksgiving. It is a very laid back event with alot of people talking about geocaching. We would love for you to come.INKY website

Edited by Turtle3863