? must find cache in Las Vegas area

B.bird

Getting down to the final planning stages of out trip next month.

We intend spending some time cacheing on our holiday and now I am going to ask the million $ question.

What cache must I see in the Las Vegas area?

we will have a rental car so we dont have to rely on public transport to get us to the area, we are also both reasonably fit so dont mind hiking to the cache.

Looking forward to reading your recommendations.

B.bird

We intend spending some time cacheing on our holiday and now I am going to ask the million $ question.

we will have a rental car so we dont have to rely on public transport to get us to the area, we are also both reasonably fit so dont mind hiking to the cache.

B.bird

Check out NevadaGeocaching.com, you can get a lot of input there. They'd even take you caching if you wanted! Get a real Nevada experience! I've only found a few down there but one of my personal favs was "A Special Memory" You have to do the drive through! What they did to the ammo can is just hilarious! You get the feel of "seedy" Las Vegas while doing this one!

Edited by LostinReno

B.bird

Check out NevadaGeocaching.com, you can get a lot of input there. They'd even take you caching if you wanted! Get a real Nevada experience! I've only found a few down there but one of my personal favs was "A Special Memory" You have to do the drive through! What they did to the ammo can is just hilarious! You get the feel of "seedy" Las Vegas while doing this one!

:lostsignal: I agree..you must do the Special memory cache...even if you don't have a car. We walked up. There are a fun virtuals on the strip and LOTS of lamp skirts in the urban areas close to the strip. There's a multi that has a German name that was creative..kind of east of town..near that mountain that you can see. Have fun!

Don't forget Sin City Micro.

Stop in on NevadaGeocaching.com and say hello. You never know what type of assistance you will get.

I was down there last November, if you want a lot of caches in a short period of time, hit the area West of the strip, kind of near Henderson in the Silverado Ranch Area. Lots of urban ammo cans and larger caches, it was very cool!

And seriously stop in the forums in Nevadageocaching.com, I'm sure some of the locals would love to meet up and take you caching!

Don't forget Sin City Micro.

Stop in on NevadaGeocaching.com and say hello. You never know what type of assistance you will get.

I was down there last November, if you want a lot of caches in a short period of time, hit the area West of the strip, kind of near Henderson in the Silverado Ranch Area. Lots of urban ammo cans and larger caches, it was very cool!

And seriously stop in the forums in Nevadageocaching.com, I'm sure some of the locals would love to meet up and take you caching!

:laughing: No, don't do it. Don't go to Nevadageocaching.com. You will never be seen again and there won't be coordinates for any of us to try to find you by. :laughing:

When are going to be in Vegas?? I am going to be there 4-22/25

J Jon

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we dont arrive in Vegas until the 27th April, there until 5th May.

Our aim is for 2 caches per day, but I think we will be doing more than this. Its my partners first visit to the USA, Vegas is like old hat to me will be my 13th trip but first for 15 months.

Looking forward to cacheing on this trip.

Liz

My oldest son lives in Las Vegas where I visited between Christmas and New Years. It was great to be out in shirtsleeves in the "dead of winter". He took me out to Red Rock Canyon which is a nice "loop" drive west of town with several caches of varying degrees of difficulty along the way. As a bonus you may get to see some of the wild donkeys that live out there. If you want a good concentration of caches try Sunset Park somewhat southeast of the airport. It's a very large park with a fistfull of caches in it. A bucket load of jack rabbits too!

Hope that helps. Bob

Edited by 1TonJockey