GPX or KML files from routes

Can anyone tell me how to create a KML or GPX file from a custom set of waypoints I create? Specifically a route created with mapsource, or TOPO.

I know how to do the Google KML files, the problem with that is when I want to do a route on backroads that I select.

This is for using the caches along a route pquery.

Any help is very appreciated!!!

Can anyone tell me how to create a KML or GPX file from a custom set of waypoints I create? Specifically a route created with mapsource, or TOPO.

I know how to do the Google KML files, the problem with that is when I want to do a route on backroads that I select.

This is for using the caches along a route pquery.

Any help is very appreciated!!!

In MapSource pick the route you want by using either the Route tool or the Track Draw tool, and save the files as a .gpx. If you have waypoints already, connect the dots to make a track. I like the Track Draw tool myself.

In MapSource pick the route you want by using either the Route tool or the Track Draw tool, and save the files as a .gpx. If you have waypoints already, connect the dots to make a track. I like the Track Draw tool myself.

Wow Im lost! I have mapsource USA version 4.09

I dont have a Track Draw tool

My route tool will let me save as a .mps file or export as .txt or .dpx

What am I missing?

You need to go to the Garmin site and download the latest Mapsource update. It is about 45 MB . . . I took my laptop to a library and even with their WiFi connection, it took almost an hour . . . faint.gif

That will give you lots more options. :lostsignal:

EDIT -- Too Slow . . . glad you figured it out.

Edited by Miragee

Ok Im still having some trouble.

I was able to download it and save as a gpx file. the problem now is the the points do not show up as waypoints when I open the .gpx file in the geocaching.com route search or in GSAK. I have tried both a track and a route.

Next I will try just creating a bunch of waypoints along the route. But is there some easier way to make the track or route points into waypoints?

Did you create a route, using the Route Tool, in Mapsource connecting the waypoints?

Once you create that route, you can save it with the .gpx format and use it to get "Caches Along a Route" in GSAK using the Arc/Poly filter.

The way I understand it, you can also upload that .gpx file and get "Caches Along a Route" returned as a Pocket Query.