Humane Society of Central Oregon Geocoin

Goudacat

Okay, they are here and ready to be sold!

HSCO_geocoin_2.jpg

The coins are 1.5 inches and satin gold with soft enamel finish. They feature HSCO alumnus Munster (one of our kitties) and Dinger the ferret on the front and HSCO alumni and official spokesdog Maty on the back. Dinger the ferret got the honor of being the icon for this coin.

ferret%20icon1_32.jpg

The coins will be sold by the shelter through their website. The cost will be $12.00 per coin, which includes shipping. Unfortunetly the shelter is not set up to take Paypal payments, but they do take Visa and Mastercard.

100% of the sale goes to the shelter to benefit the animals that the shelter cares for.

If you are in the Bend area, you are welcome to come in to the shelter and purchase the coins for $10.00 each.

We will be reserving 20 of the coins to be sold at or after the shelter open house on April 28, 2007.

To purchase these coins go to the Humane Society's website.

http://www.hsco.org/

Thank you for supporting the shelter,

Jennifer

Edited to give you a little more information about the coin...

The setup up for this coin is the same as the York County Humane Society coins that were made by Parrolet. Thanks to her for helping me get started with this project!

The coin was minted by Oakcoins. Thanks to Sara and Christian for their help with the project.

The coin artwork was designed by Mad Hatter's Neverland. Thanks Jamie.

250 were minted. 100 will be sold by the shelter, the other 150 will be sold by Oakcoins on their website in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Goudacat

Just a note...

The shelter is not set up with paypal. They take VISA and Mastercard on the website.

THANKS,

Jennifer

They offered paypal when I made my order ... that's how I paid.

My PayPal payment was sent to: dhammond@harbornet.com

Sorry!

Correction - your transaction has not completed! Look at the details - this is what I saw:

Seller Status

This recipient is not yet registered. PayPal will send an email to the recipient explaining how to complete your transaction.

You may want to go thru their secure server as there is no telling when they might activate a paypal account. In the mean time, they may sell out...

Okay, we are trying to get the paypal thing straightened up. There seems to have been a mis-communication between the shelter and the shelter's web design person. The shelter does not currently have a paypal account, but the web person put the option on the shopping cart. We are trying to set it up so that it will go through. I will post as soon as we get paypal working.

So sorry about the problems. We will get it fixed.

Jennifer

Okay, I am sorry to say that the powers that be at the shelter are currently unwilling to set up a paypal account. Unfortunetly there was a mistake made by the shelter's web design person so that there is a paypal button on the order form. I know that many of you prefer paypal, so I am sorry that you will not be able to use paypal to buy an HSCO coin. The shelter's Community Outreach Coordinator, Lynne, has asked me to let everyone at the forums know that she will be e-mailing everyone who tried to order with paypal to explain the situation and that those people will still have the opprutunity to order the coins by credit card if they wish.

Again, I am sorry about the confusion. Unfortunetly, I only have so much control over the situation.

On a happier note, all the credit card orders have been processed and will be in the mail tomorrow.

Thank you,

Jennifer

United States only? That's not cool. Oh well, I'm sure there will be enough Americans to support the sale.

It's not US only. There was supposed to be a line on the website to contact Lynne if you are outside the US so we can work out postage. I think that two coins are supposed to be going out to Canada tomorrow.

If Lynne's e-mail is not on the order form for international orders, just e-mail me through my geocaching profile and I will make the arrangements.

You still would need to pay with Visa or Mastercard though. - Sorry about that.

Jennifer

Lynne e-mailed me today to say she is closing off online sales. That means we have sold 80. The remaining 20 are reserved for the open house at the shelter where they will be sold for $10.00 each. Thanks everybody for your support and if you missed out, keep an eye on the oakcoins geoswag site around 4/14/07.

Thanks,

Jennifer

PS The icon has been sent to Groundspeak, so hopefully it will be loaded soon.

Edited by Goudacat

First off, I am not a tax person. So check with your tax accountant.

Yes it is the same coin. The difference being, 100% of the funds you paid went directly to support the Humane Society of Central Oregon when you

Since they are a 5013c Charity, you are able to write off the difference on your taxes as a donation.

Yes it is the same coin. The difference being, 100% of the funds you paid went directly to support the Humane Society of Central Oregon when you

Since they are a 5013c Charity, you are able to write off the difference on your taxes as a donation.

They still should/could have disclosed that the coin would be available at a later date for a different price.

They still should/could have disclosed that the coin would be available at a later date for a different price.

This is at the bottom of the first post if you read it :D

The setup up for this coin is the same as the York County Humane Society coins that were made by Parrolet. Thanks to her for helping me get started with this project!

The coin was minted by Oakcoins. Thanks to Sara and Christian for their help with the project.

250 were minted. 100 will be sold by the shelter, the other 150 will be sold by Oakcoins on their website in a couple of weeks.

This post has been edited by Goudacat: Mar 29 2007, 11:00 AM

This is at the bottom of the first post if you read it :D

This post has been edited by Goudacat: Mar 29 2007, 11:00 AM

Would have been helpful to know. We were not directed to the sale from this post. We hadn't even known about these post yet. We found out about the sale from a Blog and in the future we have learned to be more informed before purchase. I have not gone thru the entire post yet. Hopefully the price difference (between Oakcoins vs Humane Society)is noted somewhere.

Would have been helpful to know. We were not directed to the sale from this post. We hadn't even known about these post yet. We found out about the sale from a Blog and in the future we have learned to be more informed before purchase. I have not gone thru the entire post yet. Hopefully the price difference (between Oakcoins vs Humane Society)is noted somewhere.

This is one of a few Charity Coin we have worked on. This was setup in the same manor of the Humane Society of York County Geocoin.

250 Coins were made. 100 Coins were donated so they could get all money possible for the shelter. The Shelters choose what price to charge for their coins, with all the money going to the shelter. 150 coins were sold on our site at geoswag.com. Both coins were sold for the same price.

I know this may not be the answer you are looking for. It may have been assumed everyone knew as others on the board had followed the other thread and coin sales.

For those looking for the coin, you can find it here:

http://shop.geoswag.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/gsf.html

Thanks.

Edited by oakcoins