Getting only SOME GC e-mails

RUFFLEDOSTRICH

For almost a year, I've gotten e-mails from a big event that I cancelled from my watchlist (since I found out that I couldn't attend). Anyway, no biggie. I survived that. Just press delete (and cry a little since I really wanted to go lol)

THE BIG ISSUE is that I am not getting e-mail notification of people finding my cache. I just thought that they all hadn't been found in a little more than a month and that my caches had been boycotted because people were jealous that I was the coolest cacher ever LOL

I only found out because I just got a cache published and didn't get the notification. I looked into it and found that all my caches have had numerous hits in the past month, but I didn't get e-mail notification. It was fun reading all the back logs. Thankfully, I hadn't been notified by a finder of a maintenence issue.

I still do get the weekly notifications so I hadn't really thought about it.

What can I do to change this? I either get notifications for things that I've cancelled, but I get e-mails anyway or I DON'T get e-mails when I really need to know what's going on with my caches.

There has been a problem with certain email providers "throttling" the emails. Yahoo! and AOL have been guilty of this, although those emails usually make it through eventually . . .

Have you checked with your ISP? Maybe their SPAM filters are set too aggressively . . .

There has been a problem with certain email providers "throttling" the emails. Yahoo! and AOL have been guilty of this, although those emails usually make it through eventually . . .

Have you checked with your ISP? Maybe their SPAM filters are set too aggressively . . .

I have Yahoo!...how can I check that? If that's the cause, then why is it that I get my GC weeklies?

The weekly e-mailer comes from a different e-mail address than standard log notifications. That could explain why you only receive the weekly notice.

I use Yahoo for my reviewer account e-mails. I have seen the throttling firsthand, as Keystone receives dozens of site e-mails every day. Notices sent both to my player account (which uses GMail) and my volunteer account often arrive at Yahoo hours later due to the throttling, but instantly on GMail. But eventually, they all do arrive.

Have you checked your spam settings and other filtering options in Yahoo Mail to be sure that nothing's blocking the messages from reaching you?

I hope you got an email about the Ode to the Singing Ostrich. :P

I didn't get any e-mails (and still don't). I just logged on to the GC forums today to see if anyone could solve my e-mail problems and found this response.

You are sweet to notice that. I know that volunteering takes a lot of time and you are sweet to take the time to notice that cache and remember to reference it here.

Fortunately, while I was watching the bug (without e-mails, but logging in since I knew that the bug had moved), I suspected that it had moved into a new cache. Little did I know how personal and sweet the cache would be.

Very sweet and I didn't deserve it. I especially didn't deserve an approver noticing. You are all so sweet and thoughtful.

On topic again, any thoughts on recieving e-mails again?

Many people have gotten G-mail (Google Mail) accounts for their Geocaching communication. You could do that as an option.

This might not be part of your problem, but who is your ISP?

I get my Geocaching emails through my ISP (Intergate.com) and have never had a problem.