Re Geocaching in the Free State

COLYN

Thanks to every one who responded on my question "How to find a cache in the Free Sate". We are going to Bethlehem, I have put the co-ords on the search function but it didn't spit anything out. So we are thinking of maybe hiding a cache there. Then again, will anybody go there to seek for it? We have a spot in mind, just need to get the owner's permission.

Thanks to every one who responded on my question "How to find a cache in the Free Sate". We are going to Bethlehem, I have put the co-ords on the search function but it didn't spit anything out. So we are thinking of maybe hiding a cache there. Then again, will anybody go there to seek for it? We have a spot in mind, just need to get the owner's permission.

Hi COLYN

Did the same search and it brought up a few caches, but they require quite a bit of driving. :blink:

I would recommend not hiding a cache in the area if you're just visiting. Maintenance could be a problem if the cache is muggled. If you know someone in the area that is willing to look after the cache for you then definitely hide it. There are quite a few FTF hounds around, I'm sure someone will do the 100km detour to find it. :o