Anyone bought from "TheNerds.net"?

albsch

I've bought a PDA and a few GPS receivers from them and I was very satisfied with prices, delivery processing and times, and customer service.

I had to return a GPS unit, and had a rather so-so experience. The website wouldn't generate an RMA return number, stating that the manufacturer (Lowrance) wouldn't accept returns. They do have manufacturers listed that won't accept returns, but Lowrance wasn't one of them. One call to customer service resulted in an RMA number. This part wasn't too bad.

However, once I returned the package, it took something like 7-10 days to process the return credit -- don't remember the exact days, but it was a minimum of at least seven if not ten. That is, at least seven days after they RECEIVED the returned package. This is the first time I've ever returned something that I bought online, so maybe this extended credit processing time isn't unusual, but it sure was frustrating.

So, if you're sure it's the one you want and you won't have to return it, then they would get a very good recommendation from me.

Looking at prices for a new gps and found that the Nerds has the best price. Has anyone purchsed from them and if so how was your experience? Would you buy from them again?

I bought an external floppy drive from them about a year ago. Best price I could find, quick shipping. This doesn't address a GPS issue, but for what it's worth......

Looking at prices for a new gps and found that the Nerds has the best price. Has anyone purchsed from them and if so how was your experience? Would you buy from them again?

I bought an external floppy drive from them about a year ago. Best price I could find, quick shipping. This doesn't address a GPS issue, but for what it's worth......

I just bought a 60csx, memory card, carrying case and auto navigation kit from them.

I RMA'd my memory card only because i found it cheaper at amazon and they gave me an RMA number the next day.

Very pleased with them.

I wanted to bump this since I just got a Venture CX from them for about $160 with shipping...

They had the best price, I placed the order on Wednesday, no expedited shipping, and got the unit today (2 days later).

As for the price, I think it's 168 or something now, with 9.99 shipping, but if you use Google checkout for the first time you get $10 back from them. Seemed to work out ok. Can't wait to get home and mess with the new unit.

-Ed-

Before I buy anything online, I check them out at Reselleratings.com. This site started out as a place for people to rate *any* and *all* online merchants. If they are not listed, you can add them. More currently they have a product search feature and when they show you who sells the product you are interested in, they give you the ratings for each merchant.

I have found some... no *many* online merchants get very low ratings from a large number of customers. Of course typically the bad experiences get reported more often than the good ones, but companies like Newegg consistently rate near a 10. Typically the complaints are about poor customer service when something has to be returned, but like the previous poster said, some vendors do other things like high shipping costs, that you will want to avoid.

Thenerds seems to be one of the bad vendors. Their rating is only 3.46 for the last six months and 5.49 lifetime. This is out of 10!!! After reading just the first page of comments, I would ***never*** deal with this company. The last comment on the page sums it up pretty well... "but if there are any issues whatsoever - this is NOT a place you want to be dealing with"

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TheNerds_net check it out for yourself. After you visit this site and see the comments on a few retailers you will see what I mean. The good, the bad and... well Newegg!

I bought a c320 from them about 3 years ago. It was really much lower than anywhere else. When I didn't see any shipping status from them after a few days, I contacted them. The rep indicated that they had made a mistake on the price and "they wouldn't ship to me". Obviously, I was aghast and after almost blowing my top, they relented and shipped it for the advertised price. The price was about the price of the lowest priced units in about 4 months. That's my only experience with them.