GPSMAP 60CSx Ver. 3.30

hogrod

Seems like the wrong contents in the 3.30 download file on the Garmin site. I see a readme for 3.2, and the update.exe wants to install 3.10 into my 60CSx. Idears?

I used garmins webupdater to update my gps, so I couldn't tell you if the DL was correct.

Great! Thanks for posting, now I'll run 3.20 and 3.30! I didn't before as I didn't want to lose the quit function

Seems like the wrong contents in the 3.30 download file on the Garmin site. I see a readme for 3.2, and the update.exe wants to install 3.10 into my 60CSx. Idears?

The filename in the downloadable file is 029201000330.rgn which is the 3.30 update even thought the readme file says its 3.20.

Storm180

Great! Thanks for posting, now I'll run 3.20 and 3.30! I didn't before as I didn't want to lose the quit function

The filename in the downloadable file is 029201000330.rgn which is the 3.30 update even thought the readme file says its 3.20.

Storm180

Yup - complete screw-up on my part. I mistook the 3.10 dialog message during updating as "I am updating you with 3.10", instead of what it was telling me, which is that it was erasing 3.10. It never says "installing 3.30 now..." or something like that, but no matter - it's all installed now and appears to be fine. Thanks!

I don't rush to upgrade either, let the other's get the pain then if OK and justified, I do upgrade but never without a pinch for fear my 60CX would not reboot and get stuck !

And NEVER, NEVER use webupdater, always do it locally and after having stopped every applications, antivirus of course and even disconnect from the net !

If the PC get screwed while updating the GPS, brrrr... !

Did the update via the webupdater. The compass page now quits as advertised, and I also noticed that when I have a goto active for a cache and I shut off the unit, it is still effective when I turn it back on again. That's a good thing! My Map76 used to do that, but my 60cx never did. I'm glad to have it again.

And NEVER, NEVER use webupdater, always do it locally and after having stopped every applications, antivirus of course and even disconnect from the net !

If the PC get screwed while updating the GPS, brrrr... !

I always download the files manually in case the webupdater somehow messes up, But there is no reason not to use the webupdater. it is not connecting to the web while installing the software, but rather going online & checking to see if there is an update, downloading it to your pc and then installing it. its very simple and works like a charm.

If you download the previous firmware versions to your PC, you can always go back to an earlier version in about 5 minutes if problems arise.

That is not the issue, the issue is in case of problems while downloading, you may end up with a dead GPS, will not start or be able to download again and you will have to send it back to Garmin to fix !

If you download the previous firmware versions to your PC, you can always go back to an earlier version in about 5 minutes if problems arise.

That is not the issue, the issue is in case of problems while downloading, you may end up with a dead GPS, will not start or be able to download again and you will have to send it back to Garmin to fix !

One of the changes in the latest version of Webupdater is to NOT start updating before verifying that the update is completely downloaded as I recall.

Also it appears many have problems because they disconnect the GPS when Webupdater is apparently finished instead of waiting for the GPS to do a restart.

I'm still waiting for 3.40 if it has features or bugfixes that justify the upgrade. I will keep 3.10.

Ditto for me.

From advice I received on another forum topic Garmin didn't fix the POI clutter mess they created with v3.2 - Map POI and Custom POI all lumped together and not able to be viewed separately. :unsure:

I ran it the first day it was out - AND I even used the scary webupdater! Seriously, the webupdater works just fine. I used it for the last 2 upgrade since I bought my 60Cx.

Maybe there were issues in previous versions of the webupdater, but the recent version works just fine.