JOURNALIST SEEKING ADVICE ON GREAT CACHE LOCATIONS

AlisonOgden

Hi ! I'm a journalist, researching a potential story idea for National Geographic. I'd like to write a story about geo-caching and need your help!

My idea is to write about a particular location (As yet undecided) and describe how geo-caching provides a great way to see a geagraphic area. What I need is a description of 3-4 cache locations in a particular area-- city---countryside and why they are so great--(ie. do they bring you to a beautiful view, show you a lesser known area of a place, take you to something unique that a tourist might not otherwise see etc)

Locals who hide caches are usually the ones with the "in" on this kind of informaion, making it a great way for the outsider to discover/ see a place for the first time.

I would greatly appreciate your input on this. Many Thanks. [/size]

Hi ! I'm a journalist, researching a potential story idea for National Geographic. I'd like to write a story about geo-caching and need your help!

My idea is to write about a particular location (As yet undecided) and describe how geo-caching provides a great way to see a geagraphic area. What I need is a description of 3-4 cache locations in a particular area-- city---countryside and why they are so great--(ie. do they bring you to a beautiful view, show you a lesser known area of a place, take you to something unique that a tourist might not otherwise see etc)

Locals who hide caches are usually the ones with the "in" on this kind of informaion, making it a great way for the outsider to discover/ see a place for the first time.

I would greatly appreciate your input on this. Many Thanks. [/size]

One of our personal favorits is Wild America The location is just in a rural setting and not what I would call beautiful, but there are herds of exotic animals for the family to get up close and see. (And feed some by the fence on occassion). There are water buffalo, zebra's, camels, emu, ostrich and tons of other breeds.

Good luck with your story!

I am sorry, but you really do need to clear a request like this with Groundspeak first. In addition, one post in the Geocaching Topics area probably would have been enough. For now, I am going to close the topic. If Groundspeak gives permission, then this topic can be opened back up again.

Sorry about that. Please email the contact address.