Who died and made you King?

Alibags

I noticed that my good friend Bones1 had a set a new cache close to one of mine and sharing the same parking co-ordinates. I already have links to some nearby caches on my cache page to help cachers, so I added a link to Bones1's new cache. I also put a note on the new cache with a link to my own cache.

Well now it seems that the cache police have noticed this and reckon that it's 'Not on' and my note should be deleted. Surely this is up to the cache owner if they have any objection? My note will soon end up on the second page in due course anyway. Is it just me, or does there seem to have been a lot of people trying to impose their view upon others round these parts lately?

My attitude to such attempts is to say a word that sounds like those handy devices that hold your oars in place on a dinghy, but I worry that some people may be upset / worried / intimidated by such antics and decide that caching is not as friendly as they had hoped. I throw myself upon the mercy of the forum to let me know what you think.

Im FIRMLY with Alibags on this one..Geocaching is purely a game/hobby,It wont ever alter the rotational axis of the world.. Im afraid that some people take it all to seriously..Surely building linked lists of local caches is a good thing ?,I certainly find such lists a great help when planning a cache 'mission' in a location in other areas alien to me..this has NOTHING to do with advertising ones own caches,this has to do with helping visitors to the area find more caches.

I think that caching is there to be enjoyed,if theres a petty element out there then simply brush em off, not worth the time.

NEXT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blatant advertisment for your cache Ali. Not on. DELETE.

I'll admit I'm quite new to this - I've only been doing it for the past 3 or so years - but as in the http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=158364 (This Starting to Annoy Me) thread, I haven't been able to find the bit in THE RULES that says you can't advertise a cache on another caches page...?

Have the newer players :laughing: got access to a different set of rules to me?

LOL

Edited by keehotee

Reciprocal links on cache pages, or on logs, shouldn't be an issue if the owners don't object to it. I've done the same thing myself a few times, when I've felt it was appropriate to do so. Thus far no one's complained, and I'll watch this thread, and those logs with interest.

Any news on who the 'king complainer is? :laughing:

Just read the log in question. Tut!

Another quick edit: I've known the cacher in question for well over a year and he's a good guy with a genuine, sensible attitude to caching. On this occasion I think the tone of his log was asking 'for trouble' - and he's got it in the shape of this thread. It's always tricky when someone you like does something you don't and I hope this doesn't lead to a falling out between two cachers I regard as friends.

Edited by Simply Paul

What holds your oars in place in a dinghy?? I have no idea :o

As always play the game how you want to play the game Ali!! :D and don't worry about what others think. :laughing:

Why do we worry so much about what others think about what we are doing??

Mandy :D

I thought it might be "Bill Hooks" but then I googled it...........and it's not that!

Anyway, who gives a monkey's stuff if it's an advert....I for one would welcome it.

Just ignore it Alibags, as you say, it'll be on the next page soon :)

Reciprocal links on cache pages, or on logs, shouldn't be an issue if the owners don't object to it. I've done the same thing myself a few times, when I've felt it was appropriate to do so. Thus far no one's complained, and I'll watch this thread, and those logs with interest.

Any news on who the 'king complainer is? :laughing:

Just read the log in question. Tut!

Maybe he was just joking?

Here in Wirral there are several caches with the same parking coords, or have caches close to each other...

I know of lots that have links to each others caches, or mention that there is another cache dead close by.... what's the problem with that?? surely it encourages people to visit all the caches in an area!

Is it just me, or does there seem to have been a lot of people trying to impose their view upon others round these parts lately?

I've been having the same problem myself recently. :laughing:

At least Sensei TSKC has got the guts to do it out in the open, not like the cowards who are targeting me?

This however doesn't mean that I agree with Sensei TSKC, I don't think it actually has anything to do with him, different matter if Bones 1 asks for it to be removed.

Alibags mentioning that the same parking place can be used for one of her caches.

In that we all like to grab neaby caches whenever we are in an area, Alibags merely extended a courtesy to those who might be nearby.

Just tell your cache police to get a life, AND STUFF IT.

Any misspelling or gramatical errors are to be excused, after all, I am "across the pond".

Alibags, just a tip from someone who knows how the human mind works, don't rise to the bait! There are many who interfere with others business, these we refer to as busybodies, they usually have a disorder, and I refer to this disorder as a "Donkey's Bottom".

It is my view, anyone is sad enough to impose their thoughts/opinions to a 3rd party, without first consulting the 1st party, are wholly insecure individuals. We often see this in the school playground, and it’s a trait which follows some into their adult life, they tend to prey on weak and feeble individual(s), usually to gain respect from someone, including their targets.

Now just keep your comment, and don't let the person wind you up, or they have won.

Pippa

Edited by Deceangi

Ali, I don't think you had to post that note, not that it would have bothered me, the updated link on your cache is fine.

Having said all that, and before others try to point out that I may speak with forked tongue, I did set up this cache in response to this one some days after it was placed.

:laughing:

Ali, I don't think you had to post that note, not that it would have bothered me, the updated link on your cache is fine.

Having said all that, and before others try to point out that I may speak with forked tongue, I did set up this cache in response to this one some days after it was placed.

Not quite sure what the 1st part of this meant Tony but the last sentence had me ROFLMAO :o:):D , I was not aware that was why you set that cache up :D .

Think I might have to add an advertisement link to your cache.

Edited by Phillimore Clan

Before this we .ve only seen cache owners mentioning other peoples nearby caches on their cache details .

My point is simple: On your own cache page do what you like. On other peoples cache pages it would be nice to request the information to be put on the said cache page and not just write a note.

I agree that it is good to give notification of other nearby caches on cache pages, but you seem to be doing exactly what you accuse me of by advertising your cache. There are already plenty of ways of finding out what other caches are nearby by using the approriate links already added to the cache page.

If you have Firefox too, I believe there are advanced options too.

I am not here for a fight just voicing my opinion. Yes if Bones1 wants to delete your note or not, that's his choice. No argument there. There are ways of doing this and this does not seem appropriate. If it starts a trend then online logs are going to be filled with adverts for caches and cause more and unnecesary work for cache owners where permission is not sought first.

might be rainy but it's warm rain!!!

how the other half live.

:(

Tell me about it :o I was awoken this morning by torrential rain hammering down on the roof. I come all this way and it seems you're having lovely spring weather back home. However I get back on Friday and what is my local weather forecast? SNOW!!!

Sometimes you just can't win. :blink:

Hang on - the sun's just come out :P If you check out the webcam at 2pm UK time I'll be there to give you a quick wave.

If you check out the webcam at 2pm UK time I'll be there to give you a quick wave.

Bang on time - no need to check your watch! Who forgot to pack the helmet and bllue serge uniform?

Image2.jpg

Edited to add --

The only way I could get it to work was as a 320 x 240 video not 640 x 480

Edited by Just Roger

This all seems to be getting a bit tangential :blink: (holidays in Grenada, that's just showing off) or is it an advert for a WEBCAM Cache?

However, it was redders in Suffolk today. a good day for flying. :o

back to the topic in hand (if it's not melted yet). Why can't we all just play nice?

Stop.

carry on

Edited by e-remes

I noticed that my good friend Bones1 had a set a new cache close to ... it seems that the cache police have noticed this

Apologies for my late entry ... but are these the same Cache Police who tried (and failed) to screw up Circumf. It would be easy to tell, if only they hadn't deleted their CP-log. Deja vu? Oui, maman...J+C

I noticed that my good friend Bones1 had a set a new cache close to ... it seems that the cache police have noticed this

Apologies for my late entry ... but are these the same Cache Police who tried (and failed) to screw up Circumf. It would be easy to tell, if only they hadn't deleted their CP-log. Deja vu? Oui, maman...J+C

No.