Sign in to follow this  
Followers 2
Spunkmeyer

Geocaching flyer for property owners

7 posts in this topic

Was wondering if anyone has put something together to explain geocaching to property owners. Looking for something that basically says that geocaching is a safe and fun hobby of "regular" people and does not involve any sort of property damage. I've searched the forums and around the net and have seen a couple of fliers, but none are exactly what I'm looking for.

I live in an growning area with no caches. Unfortunately, there are no parks either but some great opportunities in a commercial area in the neighborhood.

I'm thinking something that includes the following -

+ briefly explains geocaching

+ demographic data on geocachers (haven't seen any myself)

+ clearly spell out that caches cannot be commercial in nature but that having a cache nearby or on property may increase traffic to their business

I'm almost sure something like this has been put together, but I haven't come across it yet.

The Geocacher-U brochure has worked well to explain Geocaching to several people including adjacent courious landowners, LEOs and general curious muggles.

I'd looked at the GeocacherU brochure and was hoping there was something a little more oriented to educating/convincing a property owner to allow a cache on their property.

Granted the Geocacher U brochure does paint it with a good wholesome family flavor - how could a property owner not love that? :blink:

Wait a minute now... I've been handing out this one "Hamstercaching"

No wonder so many land owners refuse to work with me!! :blink:

I've thought the same thing, Spunkmeyer. The Geocacher U brochure is fabulous for LEOs and introducing muggles to the sport. I just gave my last one to my dentist after he asked what the wad of papers was in my pocket! :)

It would be great if there were a second brochure geared toward explaining the "rules of ettiquette" for permission, hiding, etc. so the landowner could study it in more detail. I am going to hide a large container on some land we own but my brother-in-law, co-landowner, is balking so I'm having to constantly answer basic questions that could probably be put in a two sided brochure. I might write one up before long just to shut him up! :huh:

The Geocacher-U brochure has worked well to explain Geocaching to several people including adjacent courious landowners, LEOs and general curious muggles.

I call it my "get-out-of-jail-free" card. :)