Japan Geocaching

Genome

Just moved to the Yokosuka area and was wondering if there were many cachers living nearby? There seems to be several caches in and around the Zushi area, but not as much in Yokosuka. So the poll is...Where to you live (no addresses, just cities/town/or general area please).

I'll start it off by saying that I live on Yokosuka Naval Base.

Happy Caching...

Just moved to the Yokosuka area and was wondering if there were many cachers living nearby? There seems to be several caches in and around the Zushi area, but not as much in Yokosuka. So the poll is...Where to you live (no addresses, just cities/town/or general area please).

I'll start it off by saying that I live on Yokosuka Naval Base.

Happy Caching...

A year or so ago there were several but muggles are really bad around Yokosuka. We lived on Negishi and I had several caches in the area but when we left no one wanted to adopt them so they are gone. I did a lot of caching by train but that is very expensive and hard to do without a Japanese friend. Here is my Caching in Japan web pages with the caches I found while there. http://www39.websamba.com/Tarron5475/Jcaching.html

I haven't updated the archived caches in a while so they might not all still be available. Have fun.

A year or so ago there were several but muggles are really bad around Yokosuka. We lived on Negishi and I had several caches in the area but when we left no one wanted to adopt them so they are gone. I did a lot of caching by train but that is very expensive and hard to do without a Japanese friend. Here is my Caching in Japan web pages with the caches I found while there. http://www39.websamba.com/Tarron5475/Jcaching.html

I haven't updated the archived caches in a while so they might not all still be available. Have fun.

Wow! That's alot of caches in a few months. Wish I had the time to do that. I've been in Yoko for 2 months now and only have a few to my name here. Hard for me to get out an away. I've found several possible locations for new caches, mostly in the southern part of the peninsula where there aren't very many. I've placed a few around the Mabori area, where I'm now living. As soon as I get over to the Ikego housing area by Zushi and Kamakura I'll be closer to the majority of caches here and I'm sure I'll have more chances to nab those.

Unfortunatly I didn't start caching until I left Yokosuka area. I lived in Hayama for almost 2 years and Ikego Housing area for about 8 months before moving to Misawa.

Funny 'cause I started in Misawa only 2 months before I left there for Yokosuka. Lots of great caches in and around Misawa. It sure is a bit harder to come by them down here, but I'm working on that. Enjoy the (relatively) open spaces of Misawa while you're there.