How many caches in a year?

I've just had a cacher called 'theblack' log one of my Round Aylesbury Walk series as their 600th cache. Nothing amazingly spectacular about that, except that they've found those 600 caches in just over a year! :anibad:

That's over 1.5 caches each and every day.

I'm quite impressed, and slightly embarrased about our own leisurely pace :laughing::anibad:

I'm sure somebody'll know if this is this a record, or if not, who has beaten it...

Geoff

P.S - a very quiet congratulations to theblack for 600 caches(!)

Last year I did something daft like just under 500 in a year, and I certainly didn't go mad caching - in fact - I didn't cache for over 35 days consecutively at one point...

It's dead easy these days to do 50 - 100 in a month, so 1000 should be a piece of cake if you have the time.

The Bolas Heathens have the record for the fastest 0 - 1000 in something daft like 224 days - but I'm sure that could be broken quite easily.

Edited by HazelS

I've just had a cacher called 'theblack' log one of my Round Aylesbury Walk series as their 600th cache. Nothing amazingly spectacular about that, except that they've found those 600 caches in just over a year! :anibad:

The way caches have gone out this week alone around Wigan/Chorley area Im sure you could get a 100 in a couple of hours LOL

Keep em comin!

Have any cachers found all the caches in their own county, or in fact in any county? I think we've only found about 5% or maybe even less of the Dorset ones, so we've got a long way to go yet!

Wadders had cleared Devon at one point last year, and I think Leoness cleared Yorkshire (or similar) before that. It is very difficult to do now though... the news ones pop up daily.

Have any cachers found all the caches in their own county, or in fact in any county? I think we've only found about 5% or maybe even less of the Dorset ones, so we've got a long way to go yet!

We nearly cleared Oxfordshire a while back, but then Geocaching really started to gain momentum and it just became futile so we gave up.

I wonder if it ever stops being fun? I thought the numbers didn't matter .... :sad:

It's never stopped being fun for me, although I did go through a stage of not wanting to cache a month or so ago... I had a month off, and bingo - back at it!

Anyone who says that the numbers don't matter are clearly lying!!!

Yes I did North Yorkshire and finally after climbing one of the highest hills in the county cleared the last at 1pm on 31st May 2006 !!

At the time there were 346 live caches !

Since then there are are 110 new ones I have not yet found !

Now thats not bad to say how big the county is in miles !

I did 500 in my first year and am on track to do another 500 this year

Even so I needed to have a couple of weekend cachefests (20-30 at a time)

Admittedly there are more caches every day and there are some power trails and concentrations (series, towpaths etc), but I think any more than 8-10 in a day is going well, 5 if on foot

I'm only interested in numbers when I get near to a milestone. I wasn't fussed then realised that i had 45 so had a flurry to get the 50. Then at 80 ish I pushed again for 100.

Now the same this is happening with the 200th...which i'm currently hoping to find on the 1st anniversary of my first cache... Watch this space.

I'm currently more than happy with my find rate and sometimes wonder how much time people spend to get such high numbers, yet avoiding the 'obsesive' title.