Screen Protectors

I use the same ones that I use on my pocket pc. They seem to hold up well, are available at most office supply stores at something around $10 for 20. The brand is Belkin. I put it on my GPSr then trim to fit with a razor knife. Stays on well and seems cut down on the glare some too. No point in having 2 different kinds around when one pack will probably outlast both devices.

and if you are a cheap innovator, you could try what i do. When i was working in a grocery store, they had these clear vinyl freezer tag holders that would cling to the glass freezer door and hold a sale tag behind them. I got a few of those and i cut them to fit all my screens. A little soap and water sticks them down with no air bubbles. they look great on my garmins.... cant even see that they are there. best of all... FREE!

You can get cheap ones or moderately priced ones. They will work great UNTIL you do something really nasty to your GPSr. Then you will be looking at a ruined screen. Alternately, you could spend the paltry sum of $10 and get an invisibleSHIELD and actually protect the screen from just about anything.

I put a horrible and deep scratch in my invisibleSHIELD and it saved the screen of a $600 GPSr. It's your choice. Save a couple of dollars or buy a product that works when you really need it.

I put a horrible and deep scratch in my invisibleSHIELD and it saved the screen of a $600 GPSr.

How the heck did you do that?? :( I've seen people take the business end of scissors to a Shield with no visible damage.

Did you read the part about how the Shield material was originally designed to protect helicopter blades? :sad:

Regarding the Invisible Shield screen protector, I would like to add a word or two of observation.

I had one applied to the screen of my 60CSx. Although it protected the screen of the unit 100%, the shield itself did deteriorate. It picked up a mark or two from being carried (carefully) in a small soft bag with the power cord and screen mount. On a separate occasion I tried wiping the shield with a soft cloth, and a cloudy bloom was left on it that really mucked up the clarity of the GPSr display. So in my experience the shield is certainly vulnerable to damage to itself, whilst fully protecting the unit.

I replaced the shield with a new one when the reduced price offer was available. Since then I only keep the GPSr inside the soft-lined Garmin case, and I take care not to let the zip touch the face of the shield when I take it out of the case. The shield has remained unmarked and totally clear, but I'm having to handle it with kid gloves.

Regarding the Invisible Shield screen protector, I would like to add a word or two of observation.

I had one applied to the screen of my 60CSx. Although it protected the screen of the unit 100%, the shield itself did deteriorate. It picked up a mark or two from being carried (carefully) in a small soft bag with the power cord and screen mount. On a separate occasion I tried wiping the shield with a soft cloth, and a cloudy bloom was left on it that really mucked up the clarity of the GPSr display. So in my experience the shield is certainly vulnerable to damage to itself, whilst fully protecting the unit.

I replaced the shield with a new one when the reduced price offer was available. Since then I only keep the GPSr inside the soft-lined Garmin case, and I take care not to let the zip touch the face of the shield when I take it out of the case. The shield has remained unmarked and totally clear, but I'm having to handle it with kid gloves.

Do you know they offer free lifetime replacement? As long as you register or buy it from the website, they'll send you replacements no questions asked. I got one replaced when it had weird lines going through it over my PSP screen. Since then I have never noticed any scratches at all. I've seen people take the point of scissors to a shield on a PSP with no effect either.