Wow! I've done it

steviep

Hello All,

As someone who has managed to get the New Icons to work, with a bit of help, I have set down a guide. See what you think, you might say it's a Dummy Trying To Guide as I've no experience of this sort of thing.

Its here:- http://tinyurl.com/2yfzh3

If it needs amending I can do that just let me know.

Regards

Bernard

A big thank you to Edgemaster,dakar4x4's, lordelph, and bcnorwich for the "Dummies Guide" :anibad:

I've finally got the icons working on the PC and the PDA or is it a PPC I still don't know the difference but thats another thing for me to learn later! :D

Next step or is it a question! :anitongue: Can I use them on Tom Tom :D

Edited by steviep

:anitongue: The very short answer is yes sort of!!!

The long answer is a lot more complicated, see "TOMTOM Poi icon problems"

I am more than willing to give you as much as I have got but it is more basic than the memory map version.

The main problem with them is the colouration of the icons as TOMTOM restricts the size of BMP file allowed.

If you want what I have then email me at:-tmm.garf@googlemail.com

If there is anyone who can help with icon files I would be really grateful.

Garf

I would just like to add, thanks to all the clever people who have made these icons/scripts/instructions and shared them with us. My offer of a Mid-Wales Pint is open to all the creative geniuses (or is that genii?) :laughing:

Mind you, I've just seen the new icons that have been added- trying to pluck up the courage to start again! I suppose it really wasn't difficult in the end- here goes :huh: