Dragons Den

If you are not familiar with it Dragon's Den is a show where budding entrepreneurs ask a panel of multi millionaires (The Dragons) for cash for their whacky ideas. Well last night these two chaps came on with this idea of a puzzle treasure hunt called the ISIS Adventure. You buy these pyramid things (for £99 :D) and this is some kind of puzzle which when you have solved it give enables you to find one of many golden pyramids hidden throughout the UK. These pyramids have coins in them and when you get lots of these, get this, you can go on the internet and see maps telling you where some of the other pyramids are hidden. For this they wanted £200,000 for 15% of the buisness. Well it all seemed a bit familiar to me I'm sure someone else is doing something like this! The Dragon's have a habit of deflating enthusastic entrepreneurs by telling them that someone else is already doing it, and I was really hoping one of them might mention geocaching! But they didn't and not only that they said it was a really good idea and offered them the money. However they wanted 50% not 15% so the two entrepeneurs rejected them.

Anyway if you can't get enough treasure hunting and puzzle solving already here is the website for the Isis Adventure

Each month we will be giving away one or more free isis's.

The traffic light system below will let you know when the search begins.

Use the geo-caching coordinates to locate a map.

Our free entry, gives everyone the chance to take part in the Isis Adventure. No purchase is necessary, and registration is not required..

Each month we will hide one or more free Isis games somewhere in the UK. You will need to find a map in order to locate a free Isis. It's you against the rest of the world, so you will need to act quickly.

Visit: www.geocaching.com

Use the co-ordinates below to find a free isis.

They have a link to GC.com from http://www.isisadventure.co.uk/start/free-search.php

Edited by Matrix

If you ask me, they've actually ripped this off from Perplexcity - www.perplexcity.com - which for anyone who doesn't know is a fantastically surreal sort of game where you get puzzle cards, solve weird puzzles, search for fake websites and find out where in the world the 'treasure' is hidden.

One Perplexcity player recently dug a cube worth £100,000 out of some clay in East Anglia!

I've just been looking at the Isis website.

They have a few free "thingies" hidden around the country.

There is one going this month:

here.

I think I have worked out the location, so if anyone living near Middlewich in Cheshire wants to mail me......... :D:cry:

near moston by chance ? without memory map its hard to narrow it down at present.

there are a few things like this on the web at present anyone know anymore??

here.

I think I have worked out the location, so if anyone living near Middlewich in Cheshire wants to mail me......... :D:cry:

Message sent to one lucky (?) cacher :cry:

here.

Message sent to one lucky (?) cacher :cry:

Doh! We were looking for a box not a card. I'd guess we probably missed it anyway as it was logged as a find so quickly.

I know what you mean about the bug - I'm the same :cry:

From what I've read on the forum the telegraphpole 15b had an isis card stapled to it.

I've got the bug now...I want more puzles like this :cry:

Hard luck, Guys, sounds as though you had a bit of fun though :D

I personally prefer perplex city, this seems a little amateurish and the site has too many errors for my liking.

I'll just note that Season 2 of the Perplex City alternate reality game begins April 1st.

I enjoyed Perplex City and was gutted when it ended. Mainly because I have aa few dozen of the playing cards still to be opened.

Perplexcitystories starts April

Edited by stora

Just reading the other forums and I see someone is claiming they spotted the tree at the far end of the lake and mentions "2 geocachers".

I'd agree this was the most likely hiding place for the Isis out of all the ones we found and would be pretty sure this is where it was as it matches all the clues, including the swamp / bog.

Edited by The Bolas Heathens