GC member id numbers

GAZ

I just can't help it, but I always hover the mouse over everyones name in the forums just to see what number they are. Is this sad, or what? I know it doesnt work in Firefox, but does in IE.

The reason I ask is that I noticed a few weeks or so ago, that we are now over 1,000,000...and I looked up the 1,000,000th to register and it's "dun_it"

Anyone got a "memorable" id number? (mine's 21987)

GAZ

It does work in firefox.

I'll check mine when I've posted this.. 728701

Yep, ~1 million now in the system, it would explain the crashes.

I wonder if it'll be interesting to plot a graph of userID/date registered to see the growth rate.

The highest so far is 1022135

GCUsers.JPG

Edited by Edgemaster

127373 here. I assume the earlier you created a GC screen name/log in the lower the number is?

Yeah, I know The Hornet and Jstead are right next to each other 2918/2919.....i think, must check :rolleyes: I remember "harold1066" had the lowest number, 323 or something like that (must check!!) who frequented the forums. Of course Jeremy has the lowest number "2"!

It does work in firefox.

I wonder if it'll be interesting to plot a graph of userID/date registered to see the growth rate.

I had firefox for a while, but didn't like it as it was too slow scrolling the pages...but that's another debate :rolleyes: as it didn't have the toolbar bit at the bottom like IE. It probably does now!

It does work in firefox.

I had firefox for a while, but didn't like it as it was too slow scrolling the pages...but that's another debate :rolleyes: as it didn't have the toolbar bit at the bottom like IE. It probably does now!

View > Status Bar

Anyway, you can right click on it and select Properties.

I've edited my earlier post to show growth.

The lowest starts at 2, 3 is Jeremy's other account, and theres a few more from 1/Sept/00 in the first 20.

Edited by Edgemaster

It seems there is not as many of us as I first thought.....clicking on "members" at the top of the page reveals 4201 pages of members.....4200 of them with 50 members listed, and 7 on the last page.....err, thats err, 210,000 plus 7, err, err, equals...210,007!!! Never was good at maths!!

I did notice that when members were listed "by join date" there were gaps in the numbers....where did they all go? :rolleyes:

Gaz, I think (... and as ever I'll stand corrected!! :rolleyes: ) the missing members are registered GC.com users who have never registered on the forums.

Hmmm....never thought of that, so I went to the last two registered members, and got their numbers...both joined yesterday and there was 166 numbers between them...and neither have been on the forums...the plot thickens :rolleyes: I can't see 165 people registering betwwen them....but there again....we know how popular Geocaching is!!

127373 here. I assume the earlier you created a GC screen name/log in the lower the number is?

Yeah, I know The Hornet and Jstead are right next to each other 2918/2919.....i think, must check :rolleyes: I remember "harold1066" had the lowest number, 323 or something like that (must check!!) who frequented the forums. Of course Jeremy has the lowest number "2"!

WHO IS #1?

Jeremy, YOU are #2.

I AM NOT A #, I am etc etc...

<Inane boredom setting in>

I never ralised you could do this! I am 803990 but appear to have two or three nicks! I signed up as EagleEyes but that was confusing because there were so many similar names; so after two or three weeks I changed to Red Kite. But I also appear to be THE Red Kite.. :rolleyes: My sign up date is also wrong because as RK I have been a member since the end of August but as eagle eyes I signed on at the end of July :rolleyes:

EDIT: Just checked: Red Kite is someone else (an imposter!!) joined November 2006.

As eagleeyes53 I was number 772597.

Edited by The Red Kite

Mine's 262656. Not too memorable you might think. But wait! In binary this is 1000000001000000000 which I think you will all agree is very memorable ... as 19 digit binary numbers go.

I suspect the sequence is sparsely populated - and that there aren't 1,000,000+ signed up GC members.

Yeah, I know The Hornet and Jstead are right next to each other 2918/2919.....i think, must check :D I remember "harold1066" had the lowest number, 323 or something like that (must check!!) who frequented the forums. Of course Jeremy has the lowest number "2"!

Harold1066 isn't active any more. but ootoph is and his number (321) is one lower than harold1066. Looks like they might have signed up together.

I'm (19781) having joined up a week before lathama (20967) although he usually claims to have been caching six months longer than me. These college kids just can't hold their ale :cry::cry:

Yeah, I know The Hornet and Jstead are right next to each other 2918/2919.....i think, must check :anitongue: I remember "harold1066" had the lowest number, 323 or something like that (must check!!) who frequented the forums. Of course Jeremy has the lowest number "2"!

Harold1066 isn't active any more. but ootoph is and his number (321) is one lower than harold1066. Looks like they might have signed up together.

I'm (19781) having joined up a week before lathama (20967) although he usually claims to have been caching six months longer than me. These college kids just can't hold their ale :anibad::D

No you are not you are 172008 !