Blue Star Thank You Geocoin

txoilgas

At the request of the manufacturer, of what has been called the Blue Star Thank You Geocoin, I have in my possession 2 coins, one of which is shown below, to make available to the general public. These two coins will be the ONLY coins that are authorized to be sold by the manufacturer. ALL of the other coins have been given, individually, to those that are or have been in the military. Each coin has a serial number and this one is serial number 001

The proceeds are to be given to a veterans/military group for the benifit of the veterans/ military.

My questions here are

1. If this was to be set up and sold on an auction what should the Reserve Price ?

2. What would be the best group to give the proceedes from this sale?

97314d71-f389-4979-ac53-c46d7506642f.jpg

At the request of the manufacturer, of what has been called the Blue Star Thank You Geocoin, I have in my possession 2 coins, one of which is shown below, to make available to the general public. These two coins will be the ONLY coins that are authorized to be sold by the manufacturer. ALL of the other coins have been given, individually, to those that are or have been in the military. Each coin has a serial number and this one is serial number 001

The proceeds are to be given to a veterans/military group for the benifit of the veterans/ military.

My questions here are

1. If this was to be set up and sold on an auction what should the Reserve Price ?

2. What would be the best group to give the proceedes from this sale?

97314d71-f389-4979-ac53-c46d7506642f.jpg

Disabled American Veterans seems like the logical organization for proceeds to be funneled to

I recommend a moderately low reserve (well under $100) just to avoid scaring off potential initial bids.

I also recommend asking the coin's designer if he has a preferred group to which he would like to see the money sent.

(and expect some high bidding from at least ONE person B))

There is no preferred group. Just that the funds go to a veterans/military group.

To answer question #1 about the reserve....i dont think you would even need to put a reserve on it. I think that coin would do fine on there without due to the availability and the fact that money would be going to a charity. But if you had too I would put it at what you think the coin is worth at the minimum just in charity donations.

Jayman11

I would suggest that the proceeds should go to Fischer House. For those who aren't familiar with it, Fischer House is located in Landstuhl, Germany and it's a home that the family members of injured soldiers stay in while their loved ones are recuperating from their wounds. It has provided an outstanding service to both American and Canadian families (I'm not sure if other nations use it or not).

I would suggest that the proceeds should go to Fischer House. For those who aren't familiar with it, Fischer House is located in Landstuhl, Germany and it's a home that the family members of injured soldiers stay in while their loved ones are recuperating from their wounds. It has provided an outstanding service to both American and Canadian families (I'm not sure if other nations use it or not).

Thanks for the heads up on the Fisher House FISHER HOUSE. Their pupose is "Supporting America's military in their time of need, we provide "a home away from home" that enables family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury."

They provide housing free to families of Irag and Afganistan wounded.

Sounds like a good one.

Any comments?

Thanks for the heads up on the Fisher House FISHER HOUSE. Their pupose is "Supporting America's military in their time of need, we provide "a home away from home" that enables family members to be close to a loved one at the most stressful time -- during hospitalization for an illness, disease or injury."

Sounds like a good one.

Any comments?

As a member of the military I think supporting the Fischer House is an outstanding idea!

My questions here are

When I set up my first auctions for the March of Dimes I didn't have a reserve. One of the auctions which I expected to do very well because it was a limited item didn't, and I was a bit disappointed due to the nature of the auction I expected more. So I'd say figure out what the least you'd want for it is, and set it accordingly.

Right now for example, I have an auction running for the MOD and it has a reserve of $49.99, the same as the last one I sold. It's for an extremely good cause, just likes yours is, so it should do well! Good Luck...I may bid to get it for my dad!

Sounds like a good one.

Any comments?

We would have to agree! This sounds like the PERFECT charity! After all.... when one of our military are injured, it is a proven fact, they recover ALOT faster when they have loved ones near!

As for a reserve price, we really don't think you will need one. This coin and cause speaks for itself. You will have PLENTY of bids! Count us in on the bidding. Our nephew has served 2 tours in Iraq, and will be home for a few months, then he goes to Afganistan.

BEAUTIFUL coin!!

Instead of a reserve, why not be up-front and place a minimum bid on the item that represents what you think is appropriate for the coin? If it doesn't sell, you can relist with a smaller minimum bid and recoup a (part of) the listing fee if it sells the second time.

In general, I rarely bid in auctions with reserves - unless the reserve has been met by someone else.

BTW -That's a nice looing coin. What are its dimensions?

Edited by tokencollector

2. What would be the best group to give the proceedes from this sale?[/b]

I vote for the Patriot Guard Riders

http://www.patriotguard.org/

Patriot Guard Riders Mission Statement

The Patriot Guard Riders is a diverse amalgamation of riders from across the nation. We have one thing in common besides motorcycles. We have an unwavering respect for those who risk their very lives for America’s freedom and security. If you share this respect, please join us.

We don’t care what you ride or if you ride, what your political views are, or whether you’re a hawk or a dove. It is not a requirement that you be a veteran. It doesn't matter where you’re from or what your income is; you don’t even have to ride. The only prerequisite is Respect.

Our main mission is to attend the funeral services of fallen American heroes as invited guests of the family. Each mission we undertake has two basic objectives.

1. Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

2. Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

We accomplish the latter through strictly legal and non-violent means.

To those of you who are currently serving and fighting for the freedoms of others, at home and abroad, please know that we are backing you. We honor and support you with every mission we carry out, and we are praying for a safe return home for all.

Instead of a reserve, why not be up-front and place a minimum bid on the item that represents what you think is appropriate for the coin? If it doesn't sell, you can relist with a smaller minimum bid and recoup a (part of) the listing fee if it sells the second time.

In general, I rarely bid in auctions with reserves - unless the reserve has been met by someone else.

I agree. Why put a Reserve on it, It's a waste of time for the bidders and I never bid on any that have have a reserve. I would rather see what your up front starting price is than waste time guessing at it. (JMO)

Nice coin though.