Take a Kid out caching!

Lemon Fresh Dog

A couple of months back I started teaming up with Wareed and his son Harrison on some major cache runs. We generally cache about once a month and recently we celebrated our 100th find together.

30872fcf-2a52-4ec4-a810-3d8ccb0d7327.jpg

Harrison takes great delight in beating us to the cache once we are in "the zone"

Binrat

159309f0-20c9-45cc-a027-30aaa45cee5f.jpg

On our way to a cache.

40972f88-022f-4187-932f-7ebdead2c496.jpg

We found it!

a0ae9229-2410-4ecb-b4a8-6e0d53d086cc.jpg

This is my treasure hunting buddy, Savannah.

Thanks for the E-mail 007BigD. It helped alot. My daughter loves to go "Treasure Hunting" with her dad. I hate to admitt it but she actually

has found at least 25 caches before me. Thanks to geocaching my daughter and I have a even more special bond.

Edited by dardevle

Thanks for the E-mail 007BigD. It helped alot. My daughter loves to go "Treasure Hunting" with her dad. I hate to admitt it but she actually

has found at least 25 caches before me. Thanks to geocaching my daughter and I have a even more special bond.

Nice pics!- Glad I could help! I like the 1st one- Shes like a little munchkin! Oh and the 2nd one too!...That face alone could win this contest! Oh and the 3rd- How could you resist that smile!

Good Luck and thanks for the pics!

Edit to say: I was talkin bout the one in pink :huh::(:smile:

Edited by 007BigD

Nice pics!- Glad I could help! I like the 1st one- Shes like a little munchkin! Oh and the 2nd one too!...That face alone could win this contest! Oh and the 3rd- How could you resist that smile!

Good Luck and thanks for the pics!

Edit to say: I was talkin bout the one in pink :(:):smile:

Hey, I thought you were talking about me. :huh: Thanks again 007BigD.

159309f0-20c9-45cc-a027-30aaa45cee5f.jpg

On our way to a cache.

:laughing:Awesome photo. Groundspeak are you checking this thread out? Here's the new photo for your home page. :P

Thanks for sharing Dardevle!

Thanks for the compliment '57chevy. The more I look at it the more I'm thankful for her and the fact that she does like to "treasure Hunt" with me. I always have to make sure that when her and I go Caching to bring a bag of swag to trade because she needs to grab her own little treasures.

Edited by dardevle

I'm just so impressed with all the great pics everyone has posted. It has been so much fun to see all the terrific photos. :( Thanks to all for sharing them and thanks so much LFD for this great idea. This is an awesome pastime and I am so glad we can share it with our kids. We were just looking this morning at some of our cachign pics and they bring back some great memories. Time to make a geocaching scrapbook with all the fun photos. Never forget your camera on the trail! All the pics here are just proof of that. I think everyone here is a winner! :)

I'm just so impressed with all the great pics everyone has posted. It has been so much fun to see all the terrific photos. :( Thanks to all for sharing them and thanks so much LFD for this great idea. This is an awesome pastime and I am so glad we can share it with our kids. We were just looking this morning at some of our cachign pics and they bring back some great memories. Time to make a geocaching scrapbook with all the fun photos. Never forget your camera on the trail! All the pics here are just proof of that. I think everyone here is a winner! :)

We had our 17th find yesterday. Found Ashvegas, Mill Rock and North Park so still very much newbies.

Stayed up late last night getting my 'log book' up to date. On an A4 sheet of plain paper I print 8 photos. At least one for every find, at the most two. The idea is I wanted a notebook to letterbox, but I live on the South Island of New Zealand and there are only 20 here and about 40 on the North Island. Closest is an hour drive away, so I am geocaching and if I ever get closer to a letterbox I'll have space in my notebook for the stamp and one photo instead of the two photos I can do for a standard cache.

So each cache has a double sided spread so if I have two photos you can see them both at one. At the top I write which find it is. So the last was '17 North Park', next line is the coordinates (for us S..... E.....), next line GC.... and by ......, underneith I put the date in full. Probably a bit over the top for information, then on the other page a make a note about the find. Little comments about the boys chasing the ducks or that we played pooh sticks at the bridge before looking for the cache. Not all of them need two photos but having the space there means I can put a close up of a tb we find or if there is a plaque a close up of that. Have decided not to log dnfs as that would be depressing with the number we are having. I guess we just need more practice at hunting.

The photo I posted earlier was for our very first find ever and was taken on the 11 March. The photos are getting harder to get as oldest son is going through a 'I don't want my photo taken' phase. I hope he gets over it as I love taking photos.

:)

Hope I'm not too late.

100_0620.JPG

Wow ... looks like you guys were setting up the Multi from Hell. :rolleyes::o

:o

Actually we just found the multi from hell, found the green rubbermaid easy but then had to figure which of the 100 film containers contained in the box had the log book to sign. took approx 80 film containers before we fount the log book then popped it into a different container and left for the next victim. It was a fun cache

First 10 Winners:

Western_Mass_Clan

delta123

ParentsofSAM

fraygirls

GBOTS

The Walkabouts

Wij Drie

manchanegra

jamrasc

Kiwi Nomad

please PM me. I need ADDRESS, and SUBJECT LINE: Kids Caching

Please do not e-mail me - this will get all lost and I don't want that to happen.

Congratulations to the first ten winners, very deserving!

First 10 Winners:

Western_Mass_Clan

delta123

ParentsofSAM

fraygirls

GBOTS

The Walkabouts

Wij Drie

manchanegra

jamrasc

Kiwi Nomad

please PM me. I need ADDRESS, and SUBJECT LINE: Kids Caching

Please do not e-mail me - this will get all lost and I don't want that to happen.

WOW! Top of the list! :laughing: PM sent. Thank you very, very much. This thread has been a lot of fun. Glad to find I have a lot in common with other caching parents! Woo hoo!

Matt

OH WOW!!! We never win contests. We are **so** excited! Thanks very much! PM coming at ya shortly!

It was a blast to go through the caching pictures, both old and new. Brought back some really nice memories. I know that my girls think I'm a little loco, but even they admit that there's no hobby out there that's more fun than geocaching! Now if only I could get my husband to agree...

What a fun thread...we loved seeing everyone else's kid pics too! THANKS AGAIN :laughing: .