Take a Kid out caching!

Lemon Fresh Dog

Hello all,

As some of you may know (and some not), the Alberta Geocachers have a lovely Wild Rose coin which was created to promote geocaching and the enjoyment it offers. The production and sale of this coin resulted in some coins being given to the group in order to give them away!!!! whoo-hoo!

So! Here is the deal.

Take a Kid out Caching.

Post photos here of families enjoying the wonderful hobby of geocaching. At the end of the month, we will RANDOMLY draw out 10 posts (those that have photos) and give away 10 Wild Rose Alberta coins.

Have fun!

Here is some of our girls while out caching:

th_Feb2007189.jpg They found this special cache that was just for them in Utah by the Cache-U-Nuts. B)

th_Feb2007106.jpg In Oklahoma caching in the snow. Our first snow find. They loved the snow! :(

th_Feb2007086.jpg Our oldest at the during a 6 mi round-trip hike to find a Snipe Hunt night cache.

th_Feb2007095.jpg Here she is after the hike and she is tired, but they found the cache! B)

I am sure I can find some more pics. We have tons.

Our oldest wanted a Alberta Rose and she almost got one at GeocoinFest in the raffle her number was called and as we were waiting in line at the prize table she saw one there but one of the people in front of us got it for their raffle prize. So she picked the FTF Card Game instead and we have had fun playing that!

Thank you Alberta Geocachers for holding this contest. B):D

Edited by ParentsofSAM

Oh, gee, an opportunity to show off my kids? Can't miss that!

Here are GrouchoMark (daddy) and ToriExplorer at the Bumby Camp cache.

GrouchoToriAtBumbyCamp.jpg

Including the bonus cache to the Persimmon Mound, it was a total of 9.5 miles, so we took several breaks.

OnTheWay2Persimmon.jpg

Here are pictures at one of my favorite caches, the Maritime Hammock in Melbourne Beach, Florida. The scenery is absolutely gorgeous! This walk was about a mile, so ConnorCacher came, too!

Hammock3.jpg

Hammock1.jpg

Hammock2.jpg

Thanks for the opportunity to share! B)

I just took a crew of 8 for their 2nd cache, the first time I had no camera but here are some pics of my friends kids and their cousins from So. Cal. I took them to my cache while out playin some Disc golf.

A FREE FOR ALL!709fe541-898a-4998-9e94-84da1eb4c454.jpg

Little D and his GeoClaw- He just had to have it!63ff056d-ac92-4eda-9a27-97f38c1d7b6c.jpg

Dont they look happy- Its only their 2nd cache- While we were playin some Disc, she asked me "are there any of those little GeoBoxes around"- I said "were takin a Detour"f8b1f825-fe21-4eca-a366-cba79af31771.jpg

It was great fun and the kids loved it! Kids and caching just go hand in hand!

We have a ton of cool caching pics taken while caching as a family. I just can't post them all, so here's a few.

754a2f60-cd35-44f3-a468-b8252b7eda30.jpg

Arrrgh!! and Rock Star Sarah find Grrrl's Rock !!! (GCGKJ8)

51d9890c-49b9-4e47-903e-aa142e4be46b.jpg

Arrrgh!!, MamaMia and Rock Star Sarah pose around the giant flywheel at Mill-a-ped (GC1861)

4d4190ff-115b-4223-8f20-6f7283f1b736.jpg

Rock Star Sarah proudly shows off the prize at Masonic Overlook (GC5F82)

0c5d6c43-d663-419c-a6f1-ee0c2e8e06f8.jpg

Rock Star Sarah, Arrrgh!! and tom4props found Pali Cave (GCH33H)

1a19fa6b-915b-4c1d-b0fc-722ff5661707.jpg

GranMa Dee, MamaMia, Rock Star Sarah, Arrrgh!! and Cousin Daniel found Iris Island (GCX5F1)

6210edd6-8815-4289-ae48-c0b46908b931.jpg

Rock Star Sarah and Arrrgh!! get their feet wet at Escondido Falls (GCJME1)

26131f94-b008-4f7f-a349-123e5af900f0.jpg

Rock Star Sarah, GranMa Dee, Arrrgh!! and Cousin Daniel found CITO Falls (GCVM61)

Okay, time to stop myself. I have an endless supply of pics of my kids caching. Hope you enjoy them.

Happy caching!

Edited by tom4props

I’ve been taking the Bug Crew caching with me for almost 4 years. And the “crew” grows larger every year.

This was Noah and Marisa’s first cache in June of 2003. He had just turned 3 and she had just turned 2. I called them the B Crew (for Baby).

205611_200.jpg

Otteria (aged 3) joined the “B Crew” in May of 2005 and they officially became “The Bug Crew”.

7395995c-1613-4aca-a781-94c3867c146a.jpg

Then Angel (aged 10) started caching with us June of 2006.

75ac5242-55f6-4c00-bf7c-791aac9d6de7.jpg

They have been to more playgrounds, in more cities, than I can count. The playgrounds are as a big a draw for them as “finding treasure”.

Windrose

Caching twins double the trouble ...er...I mean double the fun.

Cache clean up...double the pick-er-upers!

twinscito.jpg

Twins finding the first cache placed in the houston area.

twins1.jpg

Twins on their Second coin quest.

twins2.jpg

Twins on the glass beach..Cali baby!

twins3.jpg

Twins in the Cascade Mountains...WA.

twins4.jpg

Ok i'll stop now I have lots more where those come from. B)

Fun thread young man.

Pepper

At "Barnyard with a View" in Bracebridge. The masks are part of the cache!

kids_barnyard.jpg

Jakob at "Rocky Lighthouse" in Meaford. Here, the saying "don't step on a crack..." refers to your own back!

kids_jakobmeaford1.jpg

Jakob at "Georgian Bay Series: Christie Beach". We found the cache, but didn't move on for close to an hour while we explored these rocks off shore. Had to walk through super-squishy clay to get there, and almost fell in many times!

kids_jakobmeaford2.jpg

The Kritter and I at "Killarney - The Crack". By the time we hiked all the way up there, climbed to the top of one of the pillars for lunch, and generally hung around, we completely forgot to look for the cache! I realized it after we started the descent, but it was too late.

kids_kritter.jpg

Geocaching on Toronto Islands. These huge ribbons hanging in the tree were good for a half hour diversion.

kids_toisland.jpg

Jake and The Kritter, Bracebridge, 2005.

kids_waterfall.jpg

Here's a few pictures

DSC97.jpg

This is my daughter, Stellar Jr., showing off an ammo box at an event.

zane.jpg

This is my daughter, Stellar Jr., along with Zane the Stellar Geo-Dog after

finding a cache.

norwal.jpg

This is my daughter, Stellar Jr., with a friend of hers who is now a geocacher.

They just found the cache and are looking through the ammo box.

Alright after going through some pictures here are my entries. These pictures where taken while doing cache maintenance. The water was way to deep for my daughter to make the trek, so Dad to the rescue!!

Note the water line on the shirt.

c62dd9b9-918a-4fc5-b687-d81020dbaf5a.jpg

My reward for the safe journey.

fa21ffd3-00a2-430e-aae0-4d2ea6815d4a.jpg

Boo_Boo and Damenace

056f99d7-4301-4ee2-baa3-97d8ce6d786c.jpg

You can post as many times as you like! However, only one entry per cacher will be placed in the drawing. (to be fair).

I guess I should also post "Princess Maddie" here as well. "Earthcache Kid" has also been caching, but I don't have the photos handy at the moment.

This is us getting ready to place some caches - I think we hid somewhere around 8 that day.

maddie.jpg

Edited by Lemon Fresh Dog

Lots of cute kids in this thread ... awwwwww

Since I'm a CAC local, I guess that I'm not eligible but I guess that I gotta brag about my granddaughter lil seeker

Doing some benchmarking

brin01.jpg

Out with grandpa nicolo

brin02.jpg

Working on an earthcache with grandpa nicolo ( she looks scared! )

brin03.jpg

lil seeker finds her first lame micro, :D

brin04.jpg

Another benchmark in downtown Calgary

brin05.jpg

Edited by nicolo

This looks like a fun thread. My niece Melissa loves going geocaching with me. Her geocaching name is Messa. All she wanted for Christmas was her own GPSr two years ago. She did win one in the Magellan contest which is very near and dear to her.

Enjoy!

AuntieNae

MessaHibernating.jpg<p>

The cache was called "Hibernating" and she thought the container was all too cute. <p>

Indiantrailtree.jpg

AuntieNae & Messa at the Indian Trail Tree.

Edited by AuntieNae

I thought I better give some press time to my boyfriend's son Mathew. They geocache under the name "The Tapps".

Enjoy

AuntieNae

a8b1fc25-9a17-4231-ba83-cfb3379362e9.jpg

The Tapps Sr & Jr at the Fox6 News Geocache January 07

8b8dd95f-e267-4ad5-90db-9e4585a49733.jpg

The Tapps Jr with our friends Gr8 Eyes and Lego Lover at the Hobo Springs Earthcache

MessaandMathew.jpg

And. a photo of Messa and The Tapps Jr together

Edited by AuntieNae

:D

Sorry I don't know how to post a picture.

We take our boys every time we go treasure hunting.

Just tonight when I was tucking my youngest in and about to turn the light out he told me/asked me to go treasure hunting tomorrow.

We take a photo at every find (as long as we remember to take the camera!)

No treasure hunting if they have needed time out for bad behavour.

Sorry I don't know how to post a picture.

First the photo has to be on the internet somewhere. You can load it to your profile here if you don't have a place for it. A lot of people also use photobucket.com, flickr.com or one of the other photo storage sites.

Once it is loaded somewhere, click on it and cut the URL. It will look something like this:

http://www.geocaching.com/yourimage.jpg

or

http://www.photobucket.com/yourimage.jpg

When you go to post in the forum, above the text box you will see a line above that has some letters followed by tiny icons (B I U S A and some pics) Click on image.gif, then paste the URL you previously cut out in the box and click OK.

That's it.

Great pics everyone. Geocaching really is a great family hobby. It has taken us places we would never have gone to otherwise! :D

Some of my favorite pics are from virtual caches we've done:

fa13915b-22cb-4983-a4ed-323b0f88d2a4.jpg

In 2 States at the same time......plus a benchmark. Really the middle of nowhere.......

a4ce03f4-db7c-4904-aa93-1f0e296fdd38.jpg

....and an hour later at one of the Cache Across America series and it was whipping up a freezing wind!

adf21a5f-43d0-4b37-8686-4ed5322c5732.jpg

Dino Thunder Earthcache........

5c4e6a69-cce9-4ba1-9b43-8be575bfad2c.jpg

......and the nearby regular cache that brought us to the dino tracks. Oh the places we will go!

acbc349d-d05f-425b-8cb6-eabf5ece02d3.jpg

Go Girl & King Finder at a really grand view

b480327d-7252-4ab8-8577-7a8dd9c41336.jpg

A favorite virtual cache - worth the climb!

This is fun. I have to go back and look for some more.

Edited by GPX Navigators