The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

We were in a cinemaBoxers chat room when Paula says that there were coins dropped in Wisconsin. Then find out that it is only a 62 mile round trip, in the dark, with lightning in the area and rain. So I encourage my wife to get dressed we are going geocaching. The look I got was priceless because this is the same conditions that we ventured out in to get the Geocoin Fairy Coin. Well to make a long story short, we got the coin just as the lightning picked up and the rain started. Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for our adventure. Oh yeah we got the yellow/blue egg with the purple back side. And I might add that they are very sparkely.

I did it for a fellow cacher and kid cacher who really wanted one. We figured that if it sat for two days then it was fair game. It was not for us but for another.

Yes, thanks to Vegas Gamblers - definitely fair play - and a VERY sweet gesture for a fellow cacher and their (our) little guy.

Whereas I think the gesture you made by grabbing a coin for another cacher is altruistic and good natured, I think part of the fun (drama/frustration) is running out and grabbing the cache and not knowing (dreading) if the coin will still be there. The exhilaration (and relief) that the egg is still there adds to the experience. Thanks for sharing though.

Congrats to all the finders! :laughing: (I noticed no drops in Illinois yet!) :laughing:

Edited by avroair

:laughing: Gone for a day and a half and come back to all these new finds!-COOL!

Great fun to see all the finds and the great "Lure Logs"...looks like their workin!

Congrats to all- there are so many! Especially Summerandnana, They were the Grandma and her little 3 year old that was headed out to get the egg that I got in the morning and I didnt know till I got back. Well I was originally planning a special bunny visit. But after all my friends persuaded me, telling me that it was my coin and I found it, I came up with a plan B...But I didnt even get to use it!- The Bunny beat me to it!...But I still got time :laughing: ...

Funny little story came from this egg- I was telling the story of the egg to 3 little kids (they were stuck like glue) when I showed them the egg, their eyes lit up and all wanted to play with it! I then told them about the Secret Agent and proceeded to show the coin after the story was told- after I showed it to them, they were sitting just beside and behind me- I noticed that they were always starring at me...Then they said "Your the Secret Agent Arn't you!"...I couldnt help but laugh and said "no- nobody knows who it is"!

Nice one Res2100- are this years bunnies hand painted too? That is alot of work and they look great! I noticed an Eggbert egg in 2006- I had an egg named eggbert in 4th grade. We all had to name an egg and take care of it for a week, making sure not to break it! I think it lasted!

Rootin fer 4F's- They are on the journey right now!...Hope its a successful mission!

Glad to hear the old man is doin well jAY miLLS- Boy what a trooper! Thats 4 valves they put into his heart!...He should be out cachin the hills in no time!

Needless to say I have set out Mini Carrots, Fresh Drinking water, in case the EGC Bunny is hungry and thirsty and still it hasn't tempted him, Now I will pull out the BIG guns. Found a really cute and sexy female rabbit and wil set her out tonight, might even spray a little bunny perfume scent to be carried by the wind to further intice him. :laughing:

Hey, you can't blame a girl for trying can you? :laughing:

Edited by Frozen Buns

Yes, thanks to Vegas Gamblers - definitely fair play - and a VERY sweet gesture for a fellow cacher and their (our) little guy.

Theres no way we could have made it up there this week, and you certainly left it long enough for it to be picked up.

We appreciate it more than I could express! :laughing:

Now, I can leave that Bunny alone! We will post a photo when it arrives!

:laughing::laughing:

I guess fair is a relative term. If someone handed me that coin, I'd be driving it to the nearest .50 cal, with my apologies to ECB. My two cents. I guess I should have picked up the four that were within an hour of me, and given them out to my friends . . . . . . .

:laughing:

Theres no way we could have made it up there this week, and you certainly left it long enough for it to be picked up.

I guess fair is a relative term. If someone handed me that coin, I'd be driving it to the nearest .50 cal, with my apologies to ECB. My two cents. I guess I should have picked up the four that were within an hour of me, and given them out to my friends . . . . . . .

They waited for a couple of days to let others go grab it and no one did. That seems pretty fair to me. After giving everyone else around a chance to grab it if they wanted it, they then grabbed it for someone else who couldn't get there which I think was very nice of them....

:huh:

They waited for a couple of days to let others go grab it and no one did. That seems pretty fair to me. After giving everyone else around a chance to grab it if they wanted it, they then grabbed it for someone else who couldn't get there which I think was very nice of them....

Right. Cuz Joe Cacher #1 wasn't taking their kids out of school early today to go get it, thinking they finally had the time. Or, Joe Cacher #2 wasn't en route from the Upper Peninsula to grab it, only to find out a several hour journey was in vain. Or, Joe Cacher #3 wasn't going to find that cache on Easter morning, with a forever keepsake in it for his family. You get the point. If you can't go get one, it's tough to swallow. It's not an excuse to send someone to get it for you. I don't question the kindness of the gesture, no doubt. Just the theory. That coin is forever tainted as the one that was taken from someone else. Luckily it's not numbered . . . :laughing:

I sit at my screen every day scouring the GSA logs, only to find nothing. It pains me slightly, but I resign myself to the fact that if it's meant to be, it will. By my own merit.

Ill agree to disagree.... it was a kind gesture - and the coin sat for several days - with several posts on local forums letting people know they were there.

I certainly do NOT want VG to take flack for it - we were actually possibly planning to head up the morning to get it, but would NOT have had the time to cache the area locally - and I personally would have liked to spend the entire day there, not just hitting ONE cache to get a coin.

Im thankful, and I dont want to see Vegas Gamblers villianized - since, we SPECIFICALLY discussed this with a group in the chat room the night the coins showed up.

You can view it as tainted - I view it as a wonderful gesture from a fellow cacher who gave others PLENTY of opportunity to grab the coin before.

Honestly, had they not gotten it for us, the liklihood is VERY high that we would have grabbed it ourselves since it seems no one else was in a rush to grab it.

It wasnt taken from anyone else, unless we know there was a mob flocking to the cache to grab it - since it sat for 3+ days, that wasnt the case.

So.. I will strongly agree to disagree. And, if I was in the same boat? Id do the same thing.

Again, we will agree to disagree... this one is going to my little guy, whos birthday is on Easter this year.

I dont think the EGB would mind if any of their coins ended up in the hands of a little one - regardless of how they got there. Id rather see them passed to a child than to an adult who might slap that bad boy on eBay.

Not many would disagree with that statement.

You can view it as tainted - I view it as a wonderful gesture from a fellow cacher who gave others PLENTY of opportunity to grab the coin before.

Honestly, had they not gotten it for us, the liklihood is VERY high that we would have grabbed it ourselves since it seems no one else was in a rush to grab it.

So.. I will strongly agree to disagree. And, if I was in the same boat? Id do the same thing.

I had a really long post about what coins mean to individuals and how to achieve goals, since these particular ones are gifts. In the spirit of Frivlas, who I really like, I'll concede to your point. I disagree. Nuff said.

Let's keep the bunny rockin' :laughing:

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm here Effer bunny............ I have some chocolate for you........................ here Effer Bunny.................... EFFERRRRRRRRRR BUNNNNNYYYYYYYYYY .... come and get your chocolateeeeeeeee...........................

ok...... I'm bribing the Effer Bunny for my little one..... she wants to pull his ears.... shhhh don't tell him.....

CA

edited to say.... chances are she'll want to eat his ears instead cause she just turned 1 and still in the put things in mouth stage...

Edited by cache agent

Okay, I must admit....."My name is Nilia and I am a geocoinaholic"

I FOUND ONE, I FOUND ONE!!!!

I saw last night that the Geocoin Easter Bunny had visited South Florida and I just had to try to get one of the coins this morning! I took an early lunch and drove 82 miles round trip , but it was worth it! I found a red and blue one - it's a really, really cute coin! :laughing:

I saw some fingerprints on it, but I guess they could belong to "anybunny"! :laughing:

Here's a picture of the coin...I don't have any cute kids to pose with the coin, so I have the next best thing......my puppy, Lily!

(By the way, thanks for rooting for me, summerandnana!!!) :laughing:

And thank you very much, Easter Geocoin Bunny!!!

Lily.jpg

"The Bunny rocks!!!!" Now, how about some of those yummy Cadbury mini eggs? the kind that always sells out around here Or better yet, even yummier brachs pastel fiesta malted milk eggs!?? the kind that only a couple of stores around here sell?? So, I'll put in my " here bunny, bunny" bid!!

"The Bunny rocks!!!!" Now, how about some of those yummy Cadbury mini eggs? the kind that always sells out around here Or better yet, even yummier brachs pastel fiesta malted milk eggs!?? the kind that only a couple of stores around here sell?? So, I'll put in my " here bunny, bunny" bid!!

I'll trade my easter egg coin for those!! :laughing:

But, Are you serious???

I like the Snickers eggs better...they are always softer than a regular Snickers bar. Maybe some carrot cake will lure the bunny back to PA...

carrotcake.jpg

I've made you a very special Easter Basket as an extra incentive for you to visit Somerset, PA :laughing:

easter%20basket%20full%20of%20laptops%202.jpg

If that doesn't get you to come visit us, I'm not sure what will....

Congrats to all those that have found one so far.

...Anthus

Wow!....now THAT'S an Easter Basket!

But, Are you serious???

It's all a matter of the right quantities :laughing:

But, Are you serious???

It's all a matter of the right quantities :laughing:

I think I just saw a local cacher cleaning out the shelves at Target. Be prepared! :laughing:

Well to paraphrase Dickens – it was the best of days, it was the worst of days. The best of days because we found an Easter Egg Geocoin (yea!!). The worst of days because of how it ended. The Bug Crew and I were all gathered around the computer, deciding where we’re going to go “treasure hunting” tomorrow, when my email dings, and I see that the Easter Geocoin Bunny has logged a nearby cache. We had been planning on finding this cache soon, but the description of very muddy trails had been putting us off.

Here’s my log (you’ll soon see why it was the worst of days).

-----------------------------

We’ve been planning on finding this cache soon and were just waiting for the trails to dry up a little, but when I saw the log that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had been there I decided there was no time like the present. So into the car and off to the cache we go. No other cars were there when we arrived and I thought , wow, this is great. We might actually get the coin.

What an adventure, I hardly know where to begin. The trails were O.K. except for two bad spots (very muddy and boggy). Everyone got wet feet and Pupcake the geo-dog had to be carried over them. Then everyone needed help going that last 10 feet, but we found the cache. Nice hide. Opened it up and – THERE IT WAS – an Easter Geocoin !!! The kids were so excited. They absolutely loved the coin.

I left one of my dream catcher coins, and (since the cache was alittle empty) I also left a small puzzle, a carabineer, and a bracelet. Put the cache back where it belonged, covered it up and headed back down the trail.

Now for the sad news, I let Angel (Miss Grasshopper) hold onto the coin on the way back to the cache. BIG MISTAKE. She’s eleven so I thought she’d be o.k. with it. But – we get to the car and no coin. Just great. So we go back to the cache checking the ground every step of the way, no coin. Check the area around the cache, check inside the cache (just in case), no coin. By now the kids are pretty upset (and I’m not very happy myself), back to the car again, checking the ground all the way, still no coin. By now it’s getting pretty dark so we just headed home.

So there’s an Easter Egg coin out there on the trail somewhere, but I imagine the coin is down in the mud or the creek we jumped. It was a really nice coin, and at least we got some pics of it before it was lost. I think we’ll go back tomorrow and look for it some more.

-----------------------------

So tomorrow, instead of going caching, we're going back and try one more time to find the coin. It's probably buried deep in the mud and a hundred years from now, an archeologist will find it and say "What the heck is this and what's it doing here?"

I'm still upset about it, but it's my own fault. I should have taken it away from her until we got back to the car.

Here's the whole Bug Crew on the way to the cache.

29c3f5cf-d17b-425c-b111-2ac1863e2081.jpg

Here's a pic of Cricket, Spider Boy, and June Bug with the coin (oh and Pupcake the geodog).

6698d668-be87-4b38-8392-bc5bee6e582f.jpg

Windrose

Winrose, there were just 3 coin drops in FL, I have not been to the caches yet. Soon to check on them, If you do not find your Egg and I am lucky tomorrow , I will send you one for you and your kids if its in the cache tomorrow when I check. : - ) The 4F's found one practicaly in my back yard, I am headiing home from a short stay on the west coast (Naples) , Once home will check the last coin drops. Chin high, Good luck on your hunt. Wish me luck on mine. Glenn

Edited by glennk721

Aw! Windrose, I sincerely hope you are able to recover the lost coin. :smile:

Bring a metal detector!

Now that's an idea. I wish I had one. It's a quarter mile from where we parked to the cache, so that's alot of looking. I don't think we'll find it, but I want to give it one more try. It probably fell in the creek we jumped over or is at the bottom of one of the boggy, muddy spots.

Well at least we found one and had it for a little while. ((But it'll be a long time before the kids get to carry ANYTHING.

Windrose

Winrose, there were just 3 coin drops in FL, I have not been to the caches yet. Soon to check on them, If you do not find your Egg and I am lucky tomorrow , I will send you one for you and your kids if its in the cache tomorrow when I check. : - ) The 4F's found one practicaly in my back yard, I am headiing home from a short stay on the west coast (Naples) , Once home will check the last coin drops. Chin high, Good luck on your hunt. Wish me luck on mine. Glenn

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel right taking another coin. We had our chance at one (and even got to hold it for awhile). Maybe we'll find it tomorrow.

Windrose

Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn't feel right taking another coin. We had our chance at one (and even got to hold it for awhile). Maybe we'll find it tomorrow.

Windrose

I would much rather bring joy to the children then to keep a egg if I find one. It's Easter, Let's see what tomorrow brings for both of us :smile:

I feel bad for the 11 year old! She's probably feeling lousy for having lost it! She's just a little kid and was probably just having a great time out there with the other kids and the puppy and forgot to keep an eye on the coin. I really hope you find it tomorrow - If not, please let us know. I'd love to send her something to help her feel better!

By the way, Glennk721 is a genuinely nice guy! :smile:

Aw! Windrose, I sincerely hope you are able to recover the lost coin. :smile:

Bring a metal detector!

Now that's an idea. I wish I had one. It's a quarter mile from where we parked to the cache, so that's alot of looking. I don't think we'll find it, but I want to give it one more try. It probably fell in the creek we jumped over or is at the bottom of one of the boggy, muddy spots.

Well at least we found one and had it for a little while. ((But it'll be a long time before the kids get to carry ANYTHING.

Windrose

Windrose, did ya check all the pockets? Just a thought. Good luck tomorrow.

NO WAY! Did you leave the kid out there to search till you came back tomorrow? :smile: JK

Ive got a metal detector! it may cost 20.00 to send it, but I will! You can also pick one up for less than a 100.00 too!...but thats a bit much :) . Youll probably find it when you go to the drier to see what all the clanking in their is all about :huh:

Boy...Good luck!...and if you want my Metal detector- I really will send it! Look to see if their is a Metal detecting club in your area- I met a guy out opal mining that would go out and find stuff for people-like when you chuck the hubbies ring in the back yard :( He would also find class rings and make a game out of finding the owner (hes returned 4+) These guys are like us- they like to find stuff and many are good people too!...Never hurts to ask!- GOOD LUCK!

Now for the sad news, I let Angel (Miss Grasshopper) hold onto the coin on the way back to the cache. BIG MISTAKE. She’s eleven so I thought she’d be o.k. with it. But – we get to the car and no coin. Just great. So we go back to the cache checking the ground every step of the way, no coin. Check the area around the cache, check inside the cache (just in case), no coin. By now the kids are pretty upset (and I’m not very happy myself), back to the car again, checking the ground all the way, still no coin. By now it’s getting pretty dark so we just headed home.

So there’s an Easter Egg coin out there on the trail somewhere, but I imagine the coin is down in the mud or the creek we jumped. It was a really nice coin, and at least we got some pics of it before it was lost. I think we’ll go back tomorrow and look for it some more.

I have an 11 year old, and can sympathize...I love her dearly, but she can be so haphazard. I'm hoping that it is a phase, and she will grow out of it. We had the same thing happen to us, but it was not a coin that she lost on the way back to the car, it was the swag that she snagged. Wishing you a successful recovery mission!

I feel bad for the 11 year old! She's probably feeling lousy for having lost it! She's just a little kid and was probably just having a great time out there with the other kids and the puppy and forgot to keep an eye on the coin. I really hope you find it tomorrow - If not, please let us know. I'd love to send her something to help her feel better!

By the way, Glennk721 is a genuinely nice guy! :smile:

Yes she was pretty upset about it, but I told her it's o.k. It was an accident, and that these things happen. And mostly it was my fault because I should have held onto the coin until we got back to the car.

Yes, I agree, Glennk721 is a very nice guy, and it's really nice that he's willing to do that for the kids, but I hate to think of him giving up his Egg coin.

we're heading out in a few minutes to look for it. I've been thinking about it and I remember Angel and Noah climbing all over a big pile of logs while I was still signing the logbook. I didn't think of it yesterday, but we're going to check there, maybe it fell down into the pile while they were climbing.

Windrose

Windrose,

Might I suggest (If you know the trail really well) to try it at night. A really bright flashlight will get that glittery coin to sparkle making easier to spot. If it weren't so far away from us, we'd make the road trip up there to try and find it for you.

Good Luck!

That's worth a try too. The trail has a couple of very muddy, boggy spots (not to mention the creek we had to jump to get to the cache) and the way things go - it's probably buried under the mud or in the creek. I do have one more place to look ( the pile of logs).

Windrose

NO WAY! Did you leave the kid out there to search till you came back tomorrow? :( JK

Ive got a metal detector! it may cost 20.00 to send it, but I will! You can also pick one up for less than a 100.00 too!...but thats a bit much :huh: . Youll probably find it when you go to the drier to see what all the clanking in their is all about :smile:

Boy...Good luck!...and if you want my Metal detector- I really will send it! Look to see if their is a Metal detecting club in your area- I met a guy out opal mining that would go out and find stuff for people-like when you chuck the hubbies ring in the back yard :) He would also find class rings and make a game out of finding the owner (hes returned 4+) These guys are like us- they like to find stuff and many are good people too!...Never hurts to ask!- GOOD LUCK!

I'll have to ask around to see if anyone I know locally has a metal detector. Thanks for the offer of sending yours, but I don't think it'll come to that.

Windrose

I have an 11 year old, and can sympathize...I love her dearly, but she can be so haphazard. I'm hoping that it is a phase, and she will grow out of it. We had the same thing happen to us, but it was not a coin that she lost on the way back to the car, it was the swag that she snagged. Wishing you a successful recovery mission!

Yes she's done that too (lost the swag on the way back to the car). In fact, they've all done that a time or two. Hopefully this will be a lession for all of the Bug Crew (and me) to be alittle more careful.

Windrose

Well out first thing this AM and what do you know a Egg dropped yesterday was still there. Windrose, Email me your address and I will send it off to you and for your children. It's truly AOK. Easter is a holiday meant for children to enjoy, yes a lesson learned to be more careful, but no need to ground them for this and or to make them feel terrable, we all make mistakes :smile: . It seems the Easter Egg Bunny has dropped 4 coins in each State. Only 3 were dropped down here so far. I will be waiting on the last egg to show up, as they were dropped here on differant days !! Please do not hesitate on this offer its from the heart. Waiting on a email from you. Glenn

Cache Location And My Finder Note

Edited by glennk721

Well out first thing this AM and what do you know a Egg dropped yesterday was still there. Windrose, Email me your address and I will send it off to you and for your children. It's truly AOK. Easter is a holiday meant for children to enjoy, yes a lesson learned to be more careful, but no need to ground them for this and or to make them feel terrable, we all make mistakes :smile: . It seems the Easter Egg Bunny has dropped 4 coins in each State. Only 3 were dropped down here so far. I will be waiting on the last egg to show up, as they were dropped here on differant days !! Please do not hesitate on this offer its from the heart. Waiting on a email from you. Glenn

Cache Location And My Finder Note

I would expect nothing less from Glenn, very generous of you . If what you said is true then Utah is still waiting for three drops :huh: .

I would expect nothing less from Glenn, very generous of you . If what you said is true then Utah is still waiting for three drops :) .

LOL, Perhaps the Bunny did not like your state :huh::D:smile:

It was a observation, perhaps its not true to fact for all states, just been watching the log drops :D Will have to see if the Bunny does drop another coin this way :(