The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

Our Easter Geocoin Bunny treats did a better job than we thought. After placing the treats in the cache in our front yard, we went off to a GBA geocoin unevent. While at the event, someone who had a sidekick phone and had a watch on our cache informed us that the EGB had visited our cache! I tried calling my son to go check on the cache, but he wasn't home. I thought we would miss out but one of the other cachers at the unevent called one of his cacher friends who lives a few miles from us to see if he could go check to see if it was still there. I was sure someone would get it first, but amazingly it was still there. The Easter Geocoin Bunny must have been hungry, because it looks like the carrots Joani left were all eaten up:

carrots.jpg

Is this the Easter Geocoin Bunny?

egb.jpg

Thanks for visiting our cache Easter Geocoin Bunny, I hope you enjoyed the treats!

--Marky

P.S. The pizza geocoin pictured in the cache is the GBA Unevent Geocoin.

I was able to make it to Markys house after the event. Missed another ECB coin in the area but I was able to trade for a nice coin that was pictured above!

Was able to see the coin with Marky and also saw Frivlas coin as well... Very Very Nice :lostsignal:.

I am out but back Sat night if the ECB is still in the area!

nielsenc

Our Easter Geocoin Bunny treats did a better job than we thought. After placing the treats in the cache in our front yard, we went off to a GBA geocoin unevent. While at the event, someone who had a sidekick phone and had a watch on our cache informed us that the EGB had visited our cache! I tried calling my son to go check on the cache, but he wasn't home. I thought we would miss out but one of the other cachers at the unevent called one of his cacher friends who lives a few miles from us to see if he could go check to see if it was still there. I was sure someone would get it first, but amazingly it was still there. The Easter Geocoin Bunny must have been hungry, because it looks like the carrots Joani left were all eaten up:

carrots.jpg

Is this the Easter Geocoin Bunny?

egb.jpg

Thanks for visiting our cache Easter Geocoin Bunny, I hope you enjoyed the treats!

--Marky

P.S. The pizza geocoin pictured in the cache is the GBA Unevent Geocoin.

Congrats !!! :) But I think it was the Pizza that attracted the EGB :lostsignal:

We just finished putting out our 2nd Annual Easter cache this past weekend. Last year my wife, son and I hand painted 26 little ceramic Easter figures and put them out surrounding the cache. This's year's cache consisted of 24 larger figurines of bunnies placed near the cache. Have to come up with something next year again...thinking of porcelain figures, but it seems to get more expensive each year, but it's worth reading about everyone's enjoyment of the cache.

Maybe the Easter Geocoin Bunny will visit these two caches.

Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggcitement (2007)

3418b6b3-74b7-4453-9bfd-000a23d185f9.jpg

Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggstravaganza (2006)

01fec9b9-fc7b-4026-9c73-73c25b7eee65.jpg

502e262a-6a0f-4b92-98de-e936c81a6a85.jpg

Edited by res2100

We just finished putting out our 2nd Annual Easter cache this past weekend. Last year my wife, son and I hand painted 26 little ceramic Easter figures and put them out surrounding the cache. This's year's cache consisted of 24 larger figurines of bunnies placed near the cache. Have to come up with something next year again...thinking of porcelain figures, but it seems to get more expensive each year, but it's worth reading about everyone's enjoyment of the cache.

Maybe the Easter Geocoin Bunny will visit these two caches.

Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggcitement (2007)

3418b6b3-74b7-4453-9bfd-000a23d185f9.jpg

Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggstravaganza (2006)

01fec9b9-fc7b-4026-9c73-73c25b7eee65.jpg

502e262a-6a0f-4b92-98de-e936c81a6a85.jpg

Wow! That's amazing! What happens to the stattuettes? Do the finders keep one as they find the cache? B)

Also, great job Marky! I wish I was as creative!

Wow! That's amazing! What happens to the stattuettes? Do the finders keep one as they find the cache? B)

Also, great job Marky! I wish I was as creative!

Yes the finders can keep a figure. Surprisingly when we checked out the 2006 cache a couple months ago, there was still 1 small figure hidden away in the corner.

I was able to find one yesterday B) !! I have not been keeping up with the forums lately then I noticed The Easter Coin Bunny was hopping around. I went to the closest cache where the Bunny dropped an egg that had not been found. It was a long drive, sitting in traffic woundering if it would still be there. It was well worth the effort.

Thanks Easter Coin Bunny!!!! B)

Edited by Instant Coffee

This topic is just so much fun to read. Thanks everyone for sharing your ideas and treasures. Love the pictures!

But........Jay Mills - sure hope your FIL is recovering! Family first and you are all in our thoughts.

Res2100 - Do you just leave the bunnies outside the cache for kids to pick up or put them in the contianer? EIther way this is a terrific cache idea. Thanks for sharing it.

CB - Keep on posting the fun enticements. We are sure EB will visit you soon!

Way to go VG - glad you snagged that coin the other night. Must have been a fun adventure!

Cool cache Marky. No wonder you got an EB visit! Pizza! Pizza!

We plan to do an around town easter egg hunt for our kids. We'll start with a hide at the house with the next set of coordinates leading them to someplace around town (and so on). We'll probably do treats at each new set of coordinates and then the final coords will take them to the big easter bunny treasure. Some great ideas above we may have to borrow. I can see their excitement already. Geocaching puts a whole new twist on the easter egg hunt. B) If this works well for us we will probably expand it next year to do it for all the area cachers and their families.

Edited by GPX Navigators

Wow the EasterCoinBunny has sure been busy. Congrats to all the new finders. Hope all is well with Jay Mills family.

M&J, our area cachers were sure in a tizzy last night at the unevent. The ECB visited while the event was on and they were sure someone else would grab it since the cache was being watched by 13 individuals. But alas they got their coin, way to go.

Only a little over a week till Easter, hope the bunny makes it back to San Jose:)

Yahoo! Found one while doing some cache maintenance yesterday! B) A sweet reward to be sure!

Thank you Easter Bunny, "Bock Bock!" B)

Congrats

Hopefully the EGB will be back to MA shortly Guess I need to get some Pizza in a cache or two B)

Edited by chief20r2

Again, Congrats to the new finders. B)

And for Res2100's cache, those bunnies become nice sig items. B) Wish I was'nt so far away.

You can't be THAT far away, I am currently in negociations with Mrs Avroair about a possible roadtrip next weekend to grab Res2100's cache... she asked if it was in Montreal... 'not quite' I replied. Begging Hopping to make the trip up there! B)

Again, Congrats to the new finders. B)

And for Res2100's cache, those bunnies become nice sig items. B) Wish I was'nt so far away.

You can't be THAT far away, I am currently in negociations with Mrs Avroair about a possible roadtrip next weekend to grab Res2100's cache... she asked if it was in Montreal... 'not quite' I replied. Begging Hopping to make the trip up there! B)

Geez, I wish I lived a bit closer to Res2100, California is just a bit too far. That is a way cool cache. I made a cache a while back and left little jars made of FIMO, it was a great hit but a lot of work also. That reminds me, I should make a few more and restock the cache.

It looks like a cacher grabbed one in Ohio today and then the same cacher went to Michigan and grabbed another one :D

Well that sucks (and not what the EGB had in mind) -- it'll propably be on ebay by the weekend :P . Too bad the EGB didn't spread them out alittle more, made it alittle tougher to hog them.

Windrose

OH MY GOD!!! :P

The Bunny was actually nearby!!! He/she dropped off two eggs about 40 miles from me!!! I'm going to to drive out there first thing in the morning before going to work!!! 40 miles north, then 30 miles south! HOPE NO ONE BEATS ME TO IT!!!! I want one BAD!!! :P:P

I wish you luck :D Most of them don't last very long around my neck of the woods.

Again, Congrats to the new finders. :D

And for Res2100's cache, those bunnies become nice sig items. :P Wish I was'nt so far away.

You can't be THAT far away, I am currently in negociations with Mrs Avroair about a possible roadtrip next weekend to grab Res2100's cache... she asked if it was in Montreal... 'not quite' I replied. Begging Hopping to make the trip up there! :P

650 miles round trip. :D I'll be driving down to Barry's Bay, Ont. in about 3 weeks. I might just make a detour down there before coming back to Montreal. :P

If you do come up to Montreal, gimme a shout. We'll do some of the sites and get some caching done at the same time. :D

Eureka!!!!!!, the EasterCoinBunny flew in to town without anyone knowing. Kenzie and I saw a white blur streak by but did not want to get our hopes up. Sure enough there it was waiting for us to open. Kenzie of course wanted to do the honors so I gave in. Summer was at school so wasn't able to enjoy the fun but she will see it soon. Prettiest little blue and gold coin you'd ever want to see. Of course the 3 year old does not want to give it up and ends up running all over the house and I am thinking to myself, please don't let this coin find it's way to The Land Of Lost Toys. I managed to slow her down long enough to get a picture of her with the coin. She was hiding between a bed sheet and a blow up mattress that we use for naps

Thank You so much EasterCoinBunny

th_CIMG1284.jpg

Edited by summerandnana

Just an update. Thanks for all the good thoughts for my father in law. They are bringing him around now and have him off the respirator so things are looking pretty good though he is still pretty sedated. He sure is a tough ole bird at 89 to endure such a tramatic surgery, I can't even imagine what that must feel like having your chest cracked open. Thanks again ya'll for the prayers, well wishes, and good thoughts, even though I am relatively new here I can say truthfully say the world would be a much better place with more people like you all in it. Thanks again.

Peace

Jim & Sally aka jAY miLLS

PS Congratz to all the latest egg finders.

EDITED to add the PS

Edited by Jay Mills

Again, Congrats to the new finders. :D

You can't be THAT far away, I am currently in negociations with Mrs Avroair about a possible roadtrip next weekend to grab Res2100's cache... she asked if it was in Montreal... 'not quite' I replied. Begging Hopping to make the trip up there! :P

650 miles round trip. :P I'll be driving down to Barry's Bay, Ont. in about 3 weeks. I might just make a detour down there before coming back to Montreal. :P

If you do come up to Montreal, gimme a shout. We'll do some of the sites and get some caching done at the same time. :D

If you do make it up to Montreal don't forget to contact us too!!! :D

I just got home from my weekly poker game, and I managed to do a little catch up. I must say, that I'm appalled at the actions of one of our locals. :D Certainly not the intent nor spirit of the gesture. I'm sorry that I left it lay last night. I saw the drop last night when I got home from my find. At least I could have put it in a different cache this weekend. :P

I'm hoping to be able to update you all with positive news that one of the eggs happens to work it's way back into the wild, or as a gift.

P.S. Side note. Heck of a multi that SOC ran through today. I've done that cache, and it took me two trips :P Congrats.

It looks like a cacher grabbed one in Ohio today and then the same cacher went to Michigan and grabbed another one :D

That sucks. But before we all send him bunny hate mail, let's see what he does with the second coin first. :P Summerandnana is right, they don't seem to last long.

I just got home from my weekly poker game, and I managed to do a little catch up. I must say, that I'm appalled at the actions of one of our locals. :D Certainly not the intent nor spirit of the gesture. I'm sorry that I left it lay last night. I saw the drop last night when I got home from my find. At least I could have put it in a different cache this weekend. :P

I'm hoping to be able to update you all with positive news that one of the eggs happens to work it's way back into the wild, or as a gift.

P.S. Side note. Heck of a multi that SOC ran through today. I've done that cache, and it took me two trips :P Congrats.

There was no way you would have known that was going to happen Moop Along. Maybe that cacher plans to gift it to someone or put it in another cache for one of us other hopefuls to find!! But feel free to nudge him a bit :P

That sucks. But before we all send him bunny hate mail, let's see what he does with the second coin first. :P Summerandnana is right, they don't seem to last long.

I doubt this cacher even knows what he has, he only has one post in the forums and it's not even coin related.

I think the ECB should drop him a friendly email with directions to forward it to me in Utah :P .

Edited by Damenace

We were in a cinemaBoxers chat room when Paula says that there were coins dropped in Wisconsin. Then find out that it is only a 62 mile round trip, in the dark, with lightning in the area and rain. So I encourage my wife to get dressed we are going geocaching. The look I got was priceless because this is the same conditions that we ventured out in to get the Geocoin Fairy Coin. Well to make a long story short, we got the coin just as the lightning picked up and the rain started. Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for our adventure. Oh yeah we got the yellow/blue egg with the purple back side. And I might add that they are very sparkely.

We grabbed this one on the 27th. There were two others placed that night that we left. Today, two days later, there was still an EGB coin in one of the caches. I traveled 80 miles RT to get this egg. I did it for a fellow cacher and kid cacher who really wanted one. We figured that if it sat for two days then it was fair game. It was not for us but for another. I just wanted to post this just in case anyone looks at the Wisconsin locations and sees that we did get two. One to keep and one to give to another cacher.

Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny.

We were in a cinemaBoxers chat room when Paula says that there were coins dropped in Wisconsin. Then find out that it is only a 62 mile round trip, in the dark, with lightning in the area and rain. So I encourage my wife to get dressed we are going geocaching. The look I got was priceless because this is the same conditions that we ventured out in to get the Geocoin Fairy Coin. Well to make a long story short, we got the coin just as the lightning picked up and the rain started. Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for our adventure. Oh yeah we got the yellow/blue egg with the purple back side. And I might add that they are very sparkely.

We grabbed this one on the 27th. There were two others placed that night that we left. Today, two days later, there was still an EGB coin in one of the caches. I traveled 80 miles RT to get this egg. I did it for a fellow cacher and kid cacher who really wanted one. We figured that if it sat for two days then it was fair game. It was not for us but for another. I just wanted to post this just in case anyone looks at the Wisconsin locations and sees that we did get two. One to keep and one to give to another cacher.

Can you pick me one up next time :P

I doubt this cacher even knows what he has, he only has one post in the forums and it's not even coin related.

I think the ECB should drop him a friendly email with directions to forward it to me in Utah :P .

Actually he mentions in the one log that he knew the easter bunny was dropping eggs and the Michigan cache wasn't near the Ohio/Michigan border and was the only Michigan cache he grabbed today. I think its safe to say he had an idea....

But thats a good suggestion that an email from the EGB be dropped his way but I really think it should be dropped in a Michigan cache very near my house!! :P rather than all the way to Utah!!

Edited by LadyBee4T

Can you pick me one up next time :D

If one sits for days I will see what I can do. :P

Eureka!!!!!!, the EasterCoinBunny flew in to town without anyone knowing. Kenzie and I saw a white blur streak by but did not want to get our hopes up. Sure enough there it was waiting for us to open. Kenzie of course wanted to do the honors so I gave in. Summer was at school so wasn't able to enjoy the fun but she will see it soon. Prettiest little blue and gold coin you'd ever want to see. Of course the 3 year old does not want to give it up and ends up running all over the house and I am thinking to myself, please don't let this coin find it's way to The Land Of Lost Toys. I managed to slow her down long enough to get a picture of her with the coin. She was hiding between a bed sheet and a blow up mattress that we use for naps

Thank You so much EasterCoinBunny

th_CIMG1284.jpg

Hooray! Congrats Kenzie and Charlene!!!!

Yes, thanks to Vegas Gamblers - definitely fair play - and a VERY sweet gesture for a fellow cacher and their (our) little guy.

Theres no way we could have made it up there this week, and you certainly left it long enough for it to be picked up.

We appreciate it more than I could express! :P

Now, I can leave that Bunny alone! We will post a photo when it arrives!

It looks like a cacher grabbed one in Ohio today and then the same cacher went to Michigan and grabbed another one :P

It seems that the D-man is right on track. After a brief discussion this morning, the coin is supposed to be making a reappearance in a cache. It seems he had a little prodding from his significant other when she learned of the mistake as well :D

The fact of the matter is, he saw my log the night before, thought it was a "cool game", and was off and running. I hate to say, however, that now that he knows the mystery geocoin stories, that's just one more person to race against :D:D

eidtedd fer sphellin B)

Edited by The Moop Along

2 more easter bunny eggs + coins were found here in Portugal.

They were dropped in E a.bicha.nada? [Loures] and A walk in the Park [Lisboa].

I´ve manage to talk to both geocachers that found them and i know that both eggs are red and blue just like the one i found. I´m waiting for some photos and a brief text of the found to post here since at least one of the geocachers told me that he didn´t talk and write that well in English so that he could post his version of the found in here. Anyway, the are both thrilled by the found.

I also know that another geocacher has missed the egg because he could´t pick it up in due time.

This easter rabbit sure is a fast traveller.

Regards from Portugal

Alberto aka manchanegra