The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

I had one placed in one of my caches today. I was tempted to go and grab it this morning after getting the kids off to school. I ended up not doing that because I don't think that was the spirit of what the Easter Geocoin Bunny was doing. I must admit I was going to grab it first thing tomorrow morning if nobody else grabbed it. :laughing: What a great idea and it was great to have one of my caches used.

:o-->

QUOTE(R.O.B @ Mar 26 2007, 02:03 PM) 2783557[/snapback]

I had one placed in one of my caches today. I was tempted to go and grab it this morning after getting the kids off to school. I ended up not doing that because I don't think that was the spirit of what the Easter Geocoin Bunny was doing. I must admit I was going to grab it first thing tomorrow morning if nobody else grabbed it. :laughing: What a great idea and it was great to have one of my caches used.

I would think that the Easter Geocoin bunny would not mind, it seems to say so right on the egg! Grab your kids and go get it! Oh yeah, and post pictures! They are the best

I would think that the Easter Geocoin bunny would not mind, it seems to say so right on the egg! Grab your kids and go get it! Oh yeah, and post pictures! They are the best

Yeah, but still...I would not have felt right about it. But, if another one shows up around here I'll be out there in a flash. What's cool is that the person who found it in my cache left one of their own personal unactivated geocoins in it's place. Sounds like the Easter Geocoin Bunny is helping to spread good Karma. Gotta love that.

So close yet so far :o !!

I had been working out in my yard all day so I had not looked at the computer for a few hours, cleaned up ate dinner and starting working on a friends computer when I decided to check the ECB profile to learn that there had been a drop just 6.5 miles from my home.

Ran out the door, got to the cache site, opened up the cache no egg :blink: !! Searched around the bushes to see if I had over looked something, nothing. Checked the log book to see if someone beat me to it, no log, no trade items :( !

I will have to keep my eyes open for the next drop, HINT, HINT, HINT.

WOOOHOOO...I FOUND AN EGG!!!!!!!- Over a 250 mile round trip venture off to Yuba City For an egg that was waiting for me for over a day at Maizie-GCZQPJ!...Funny thing is, my dogs name is Maizie, so knew it was mine!

When I discovered that the Easter Coin Bunny had visited California again I figured that it was a "target drop" but after almost 2 days out in the wild and a little ivestigating I figured it was dropped for me!...or anyone that would get to it before me.- SO I WAS OFF!

I was expecting about 80 miles one way, but it was over 125 mi. It was me, the Humboldt grin and Gizmo and had it not been for them "Egging" me on- I probably would have stayed to finish the work that I will now have to do 1st thing in the Morn. Its now 2:40 AM (and I left at 6:00PM)

When we got to the site the cache was a Decoy Duck hidin in the bushes- I spotted it right away, but when the others spotted it I told them "WAIT- there a nesting duck down there" they both backed off and went elsewhere with there flashlights and my GPS. After searching all around they said "its like where the duck is" After my little chuckle I "wanted to pet the duck" so I reached in blocking their lights and "QUACK"-Out came the startled duck! Gizmo immediatley said "I thought that was a decoy"- Yeah right!

At first I didnt see the egg, but when I looked- it was laying on it, just waiting to hatch it for me! When I popped it- out come the prettiest most sparkley little Blue and Gold Easter egg that I ever did see!

After a little visit and restocking the egg with a Nickel Evil Micro I was off with my new treasure fondling it the whole way home!

NOW COMES THE SAD PART :o

When I got home I recieved an Email from a fellow cacher here on the forums that was headed out 1st thing in the morning with her 3 year old Granddaughter who saw my eariler post and just wanted to know which cache I was headed too.

It turns out we both wanted the same egg -I cant help but feel bad, and since I got a GSA coin and she is still patiently waiting a GSA and a Easter bunny coin, I put up the proposition of if by Easter, there is no bunny or GSA that comes through her neck of the woods that I would arrange a special Bunny visit for the little one and her Grandma...After all-Im a 29 year old man who had the joy of finding it, I get the joy of enjoying it (Its right next to my GSA right now) and I sure hope not, but I may get the joy of giving it away too!- we'll just see what pops up in San Jose first.

So for the sake of me and for the sake of a Grandma and her little one... Hopefully the Bunny can Hop on down to San Jose and drop another egg, or the GSA heads to So Cal again, but if not- Ive got an eager egg that wants nothing more that to be loved by a 3 year old and her Grandma! :blink:

9a1e5554-cddb-484e-9451-b243782d698f.jpg

And here is my Maizie (She doesnt look anything like the cache, but shes cute)

766d5d9e-3ab8-45c9-bb09-3197b2102e19.jpg

Had alot of fun goin after this one, all this work to do and here I am goin after an Easter Egg till 2:30 AM- Guess you can see my Priorities

CONGRATZ 007BigD on your egg find and congratz to all the others finders of the ECB egg drops. I am singing Peter Cotton Tail hoping that will draw that elusive bunny into my area of the country, though if I am afraid my voice just isn't that good and may be driving him/her further away to escape the pain. The wife has even been feeding some pretty tasty baby carrots, you know the ones - snack size, already skinned and ready to nibble, to the local bunnys who frequent our yard much to there joy but the ECB is still no where to be seen. I suspect my singing may have forced the ECB far far away from the area to seek more peaceful surrounding. I will continue to follow his/her trail and just hope for the best, and I promise ECB I will stop singing.

Peace

jAY miLLS

Edited for spelling

Edited by Jay Mills

The Easter bunny hid an egg in one of my caches, I was out for a walk tonight and decided to check my nearest cache to my house to do a maintenance check and there was an egg, I couldn't believe that the Easter Geocoin Bunny came to my little town of Jefferson, WI. My 4 yr old daughter loves caching and showing off our coin collection. We just returned from MOGA in Missouri this past weekend. Thanks to the Easter Bunny, my Emily will be excited in the morning when she sees her new coin.

Sunday, 3-27-07, we received a visit from the Easter Coin Bunny at our Hole in One cache. Our 4-year old son got very excited when he heard, so we we headed over to take a look and take a pic of the "egg". Thanks to the Easter Bunny, and what a great way to make caching fun.

86f0f9da-650d-49e4-a141-7e0d514094ae.jpg

Congrats to the latest finders...Believe it or not, I found a picture of the bunny logging his finds...

9072easter_bunny.jpg

Hope he hops this way when he's done logging!

LMAO! That's hilarious!

:blink::o:(

I think I saw him at the Libary in town but he diden't drop a coin in the area that day :P

I see some closER to home, but not close enough... Cant go 60 miles today! Doh!

C'mon Bunny Bunny Bunny - theres lots of Bunny trails in Northern IL! Really, there is!

60 miles, that is all to familiar. When I got my GCF I had to travel 122 miles round trip. Is that the first sign of addiction :) ?

Now that I have moved it is half that distance to the same location.

Tsk Tsk - Shes married! She would NEVER play Pat-a-cake with anyone other than Roger again! LOL

Hey, it's just a date. They don't have to play pat-a-cake.

But we're assuming the EGB is a male type bunny. Maybe the EGB is a female type bunny (but in that case I think the chocolate would have worked :) ) maybe I can get her a date.

fd-easter-bunny-rabbit.jpg

Windrose

Darn it, finally hot on the trail of the elusive EGB, and his/her paw prints are still warm on the ground but I have to break off the hunt due to a family emergency. :) My father-in-law aged 89 had a heart attack this morning and a quadruple bypass this afternoon. Been quite a hectic and stressful day. Just got news that the surgery went well and he is in stable condition in ICU but being keep unconsious for several more hours. A good thought would be appreciated. So close yet so far, but life is just the way it is from time to time and at the end of the day you just have to deal with life on lifes terms when it is storming at you full force and then life has to take priority if one is to do the next right thing. Therefore I will just have to try to track you down again at a later time EGB if the gods are willing and the creek don't rise. Regardless of what happens thank you EGB for your generosity this Easter season by spreading joy and creating many smiles.

Peace

j

Darn it, finally hot on the trail of the elusive EGB, and his/her paw prints are still warm on the ground but I have to break off the hunt due to a family emergency. :) My father-in-law aged 89 had a heart attack this morning and a quadruple bypass this afternoon. Been quite a hectic and stressful day. Just got news that the surgery went well and he is in stable condition in ICU but being keep unconsious for several more hours. A good thought would be appreciated. So close yet so far, but life is just the way it is from time to time and at the end of the day you just have to deal with life on lifes terms when it is storming at you full force and then life has to take priority if one is to do the next right thing. Therefore I will just have to try to track you down again at a later time EGB if the gods are willing and the creek don't rise. Regardless of what happens thank you EGB for your generosity this Easter season by spreading joy and creating many smiles.

Peace

j

Boy I hope all is well with your Father-inlaw- Glad to hear the sergury went well.

Dont worry I am sure the Bunny will drop more coins, and nothings more important than family. And as far as the good thoughts- Im thinkin good thoughts for him right now!...Sending the Irie Vibe from Cali, in hopes that he will pull through just fine!

Make sure he knows what you had to put off an Egg coin, just for him!...if nothin else it will just make him say "what the heck is an egg coin"...its always fun messin with your Homies when they do come too after being out from the anestesia. Everythings so confusing- especially an Easter Geocoin Bunny coin, nobody gets it at first- till you explain.---------Good Luck Jim...and my thoughts and prayers go out to your Father-inlaw.

Peace

j

Sorry to hear that. A speedy recovery to him.

Peace

j

Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Thanks to all for the well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts but it really wasn't my intention to create a distraction from the purpose of this thread. I am sorry for that. I guess I just needed to express myself a bit. When my wife is hurting I am suffering with her if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong my wife and I do appreciate all the thoughts and prayers though. This is a wonderful community of people. And YOU BigD, are quite a character, I think it would be quite something to meet you face to face sometime and I hope I will get that privledge. It seems you turn up at tough moments and make me smile lol. Funny how it feels like friendships are being nurtured on-line without ever seeing an individual face to face. In any case, the father-in-law made it through the worse, the surgery itself. Now the next 24-48 hours will be key but the surgeon believes he will be ok barring anything unforseen. Thanks again.

Peace mon

Rasta Heart - One Love

jAY miLLS

Thanks to all for the well wishes, prayers, and good thoughts but it really wasn't my intention to create a distraction from the purpose of this thread. I am sorry for that. I guess I just needed to express myself a bit. When my wife is hurting I am suffering with her if that makes sense. Don't get me wrong my wife and I do appreciate all the thoughts and prayers though. This is a wonderful community of people. And YOU BigD, are quite a character, I think it would be quite something to meet you face to face sometime and I hope I will get that privledge. It seems you turn up at tough moments and make me smile lol. Funny how it feels like friendships are being nurtured on-line without ever seeing an individual face to face. In any case, the father-in-law made it through the worse, the surgery itself. Now the next 24-48 hours will be key but the surgeon believes he will be ok barring anything unforseen. Thanks again.

Peace mon

Rasta Heart - One Love

jAY miLLS

It is in all our best interests to make sure our fellow "Coinicker's" are as well as we could possible hope they could be. If it takes a wee little post on the forums to send some more thoughts your way and to make ya feel a little better- Good deal Id say!... <_<

Sometimes timing is just one of those things that just work out funny- I cant believe all the "Coin-incidences" Ive seen, especially in this here Caching game we play!

CACHE HARD and CACHE ON!....Now on with the show!

We were in a cinemaBoxers chat room when Paula says that there were coins dropped in Wisconsin. Then find out that it is only a 62 mile round trip, in the dark, with lightning in the area and rain. So I encourage my wife to get dressed we are going geocaching. The look I got was priceless because this is the same conditions that we ventured out in to get the Geocoin Fairy Coin. Well to make a long story short, we got the coin just as the lightning picked up and the rain started. Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for our adventure. Oh yeah we got the yellow/blue egg with the purple back side. And I might add that they are very sparkely.

We were in a cinemaBoxers chat room when Paula says that there were coins dropped in Wisconsin. Then find out that it is only a 62 mile round trip, in the dark, with lightning in the area and rain. So I encourage my wife to get dressed we are going geocaching. The look I got was priceless because this is the same conditions that we ventured out in to get the Geocoin Fairy Coin. Well to make a long story short, we got the coin just as the lightning picked up and the rain started. Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for our adventure. Oh yeah we got the yellow/blue egg with the purple back side. And I might add that they are very sparkely.

Yay! Glad to see you made the grab!!! Congrats!

Congrat's all EB coin getters <_<

Hang tough Jay Mills.

Well since the carrots aren't working for some people, here are some treats to get you to Montana <_<

AEsplash_07.gif

Mmmmmm!...Bunny Biscuits! The Bunny inside me is telling me to hop over to Montana for some All-Natural Organic goodness...But Im a Short hair, and its cold there!...Does Auntie Em Deliver?

Congrats Vegas Gamblers for the cold, rainy night!

Edited by 007BigD

Did you grab one of the other ones for CinemaBoxers?

Congrats on your find. <_<

Congrats to all the recent ECB coins!! <_< We really enjoy reading the stories and see the cute pictures.

Jay Mills we will say a prayer for your father-in-law for a speedy recovery. This community is big family and while it's nice to read all the good stories life does have some twists and turns and we are always here to lend a 'virtual shoulder and hug'. <_<

Hi everybody :lostsignal: We were watching Easter Bunny just in case he would show around here. When we saw he visited a cache near our home we hurried up hoping we would be the first to get there. In fact we were, :) the egg was there just waiting to be picked up. It's gorgeous! :D:D:D

Thanks Easter Bunny for the nice surprise!

Happy Easter!!!

Laval K-9

This is the point where I wish I knew all those cool smilie codes to use.

:lostsignal: I was leaving the office, and checked in on the old EGB, only to find an actual Ohio drop. I raced over to the cache site, leaving smoke in my trail. The parking lot for it was closed, but that was not going to matter. I made the journey on foot, and opened the cache to quite a nice surprise. A lovely pink egg, containing a green and pink coin. I swapped it for an unactivated coin, and smiled all the way home. THANKS EGB :)

This is the point where I wish I knew all those cool smilie codes to use.

:lostsignal: I was leaving the office, and checked in on the old EGB, only to find an actual Ohio drop. I raced over to the cache site, leaving smoke in my trail. The parking lot for it was closed, but that was not going to matter. I made the journey on foot, and opened the cache to quite a nice surprise. A lovely pink egg, containing a green and pink coin. I swapped it for an unactivated coin, and smiled all the way home. THANKS EGB :)

Hey Congrats on your find :D Still hope the EGB returns around here :D