The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

Just got home from the hospital in freezing rain. :cry: I look up the watchlist for the Easter Bunny geocoins and notice that someone has found one in one of the caches I found early this afternoon. :D Just my luck.

Congrats to the lucky person. I guess I'll just have to hope that another one shows up somewhere else. With this weather, the caches will be iced up for a few days.

Looks like several were dropped in Kansas and not picked up yet!

I would not buy air fare to Kansas, at least not for one of these. They were dropped here and my phone was soon ringing. A couple of cachers came down from Kansas City to look for them and wanted to use the phone a friend option. They were hoping that the multi-cache that they did the math wrong on would still have a coin in it. The local cachers jumped right on these! Glen

edited to spell couple with only one "P"

Edited by RattlingCrew

WOW! I joked about the boys planting carrots, but who knew that what would really attract the bunny would be Chips and Salsa from Chevy's?!

Thursday is my day to work in my son's Kindergarten class and I was just finishing up with the last student when my email went off. I looked to see and couldn't believe it...the Easter Coin Bunny had visited my cache?! And it was only about a mile away. I looked at the clock...20 minutes till I have to pick up child 1 and take 3 others to the computer lab....do I dare? Grabbed my keys and my camera and dashed for the door. If any of the other parents had any doubt as to my sanity, there can be do doubt now as I sprinted across the playground, dashed to my truck, pulled a u-turn and sped away as fast as the speed limit would allow. I pulled up next to the cache and in my excitement didn an absolutely horrible parking job. Got out...ran around the truck, grabed the cache and pulled out...THE EGG!!! What came first...the egg or the happy dance? The egg! Woo Hoo! I dropped in a Team Checker coin, rehid the cache, and dashed back to school in plenty of time to pass out folders and pick up my son. I handed him the egg and waited to see what he thought. He was pretty happy! Thanks Easter Coin Bunny!

Who can park when they are on a mission?!

WMDSC00706.jpg

The cache and the egg

WMDSC00708.jpg

"What's in here, mom?"

WMDSC00710.jpg

Look, Mom!!!

WMDSC00711.jpg

Thank you, Bunny!

WMDSC00712.jpg

Great day today... I got the full package: the coin AND the Easter Geocoin Bunny!

One of my geobuddies kindly made me aware of a cache not too far from work where the EGB left a little Easter present today... Even though the cache theme was about the past and the future (GCVCVD), I'm always up for a little present... :anitongue:

It took me a few minutes to re-arrange my schedule for the day and to decide to go for it. After all, wasn't the fact that I exceptionnally had my GPSr with me today, a sign?

15 minutes later, I was parking 20 meters from the cache, and all the cars going by looked suspicious to me... I quickly found the cache (I read the hint before leaving) and a nice little plastic egg was laying next to it... Woohoo!!!!

As I was signing the log, something caught my attention in the "wilderness", about 50 yards away... Could it be...? Yes, that's a bunny, lurking in the shadows, watching me enjoy my newfound coin... That could only be the Easter Geocoin Bunny... no doubt... He didn't know I saw him so I stealthily drew my cell phone and starting shooting...

The picture is of very bad quality but the EGB can clearly be seen:

Bunny.JPG

So there... you had the pictures of the three different eggs, you know have the picture of the Easter Geocoin Bunny himself.

BTW, the egg I found is the red/blue one :anibad::D:D

Thanks Mr Bunny (I know, it's very sexist of me but I decided you were a male bunny)

We got notification last night that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited Alexa's First Cache, and Alexa was up early this morning begging to go visit her cache!

We recently had a pretty good snow, but when we arrived at ground zero - there were NO footprints - only bunny tracks - no joke!

Alexa made quick work of removing the cache and running back to the trail to meet her younger brother. I can only hope that everyone gets to experience finding the Easter Geocoin Bunny's treats with a youngster - really fun to be part of that!

This is what she found in the cache:

f05e378f-7f94-4e21-bc57-aff16108374b.jpg

Back home:

64526b91-6ae4-40fc-8616-56f518be82ad.jpg

and the coin:

5458752f-341b-4c4c-b410-8b385760a16c.jpg

As they say on the Cadbury commercial: "Thank you Easter Bunny, bock, bock!"

We got notification last night that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited Alexa's First Cache, and Alexa was up early this morning begging to go visit her cache!

We recently had a pretty good snow, but when we arrived at ground zero - there were NO footprints - only bunny tracks - no joke!

Alexa made quick work of removing the cache and running back to the trail to meet her younger brother. I can only hope that everyone gets to experience finding the Easter Geocoin Bunny's treats with a youngster - really fun to be part of that!

This is what she found in the cache:

f05e378f-7f94-4e21-bc57-aff16108374b.jpg

Back home:

64526b91-6ae4-40fc-8616-56f518be82ad.jpg

and the coin:

5458752f-341b-4c4c-b410-8b385760a16c.jpg

As they say on the Cadbury commercial: "Thank you Easter Bunny, bock, bock!"

WooHoo !!! Alexa <_< Nice to see the Easter Coin Bunny visiting the area. Hopefully the Bunny has dropped a few more sure would like to find one for myself :anitongue:

As I was signing the log, something caught my attention in the "wilderness", about 50 yards away... Could it be...? Yes, that's a bunny, lurking in the shadows, watching me enjoy my newfound coin... That could only be the Easter Geocoin Bunny... no doubt... He didn't know I saw him so I stealthily drew my cell phone and starting shooting...

Err...

Here I am out of the area and I get an IM that the ECB was visiting the area. Dang! Close but not able to grab it.

I am really close to this bunny park... Hopefully the ECB visits again.

Hi,

I´ve found one of this Eggs with a coin inside.

I´ve been investigating trying to underestand what´s this thing with the easter coin rabbit and i´ve just finished reading trough this post.

Seem´s that i was one of the lucky guys that found one coin.

This morning i had some shopping to do and decide to make a little detour and find some caches close to home. The 1st one we went we found a yellow egg inside the cache. When we were searching the swag in the cache we noticed that the egg was kinda heavy so we opened it and we find the coin. It´s a red and blue coin. We read the logs but, apart from a sticker from the rabbit we didn´t have a clue about what it was, but, one tyhing we knew. It was a geocoin so we took it. Glad we did. It´s very nice and now we know we can keep it.

Our son liked the egg, didn´t care much about the coin :anitongue: so i guess we can split the found without discussion.

Here are some pics. now reviewing the pics i noticed that i dont have any picture of my son with the coin, but, he probably would prefer the egg. I´ll take some later.

a34c1d3b-a778-4e08-ab7e-5996d54d520f.jpg

f0f57183-f91a-4b34-9888-1b642e19ee8e.jpg

Regards

AS

YEAHHHHHHHH! The Easter Coin Bunny made a visit in our neck of the woods today. :anitongue:

This Bunny is very busy hopping from cache to cache all over the place. We saw the ECB drop an egg not far from us and PengoMommy and PengoDaughter were off to find it.

The ECB visited a really nice cache in a wooded park. The cache is called 'The Bear, The Bunny and The Wolf.' Our GPS took us down the Bunny trails. Very appropriate for the ECB. We saw lots of little paw prints in what was left of the melting snow. When we approached the cache there were a lot of little paw prints circling the area. I took out the cache and PengoDaughter, Rebekah, opened it up and to her surprise saw a blue Easter egg. She opened it up and found an Easter Coin Egg. (The blue, gold and lavendar one.) She was so excited and happy. This very special geocoin is going in her geocoin and sig item collection. Rebekah can't wait to go to more events to share her find. Here are some pics of her find:

8f296676-3f59-4b4f-80d4-4ab6d33c9b58.jpg

Onto the bunny trail....

4336e75e-7a70-4404-b846-b53d33aee108.jpg

PengoDaughter at the cache with her discovery.

4fcefda9-6490-48df-a29f-381392e69981.jpg

Back at home showing off her special ECB Coin.

Thanks a big bunch of carrots Easter Coin Bunny!! :angry:<_<

Hello to all we are Madmax67 we live in Ca. today we found :lol: an EASTER BUNNY GEOCOIN! B):anibad: We are very lucky to have been in the right place at the right time. It is a very sparkly purple and yellow egg.

WE LOVE IT! Thank you EASTER GEOCOIN BUNNY FOR VISITING THE Roseville,Ca. area Cache named

K9ER TFTC! Ann& Mike Madmax67 :anibad::laughing:B)

Congratz to all the new egg finders. There is a big kid here in S.E. Wisconsin (My Wife) who really adores the GCB and the egg coin left behind. Everyone knows that a happy wife makes for a happy home. Now I am not saying she is unhappy, nor that our home is unhappy. I will say that my mission in life (well one of them anyway) is to make and keep this beautiful woman as happy as possible. She is the -AY --LLS of da team and I am hoping the GCB comes hop hop hopping her way.

Peace

jAY miLLS

The EB Visited a Micro 2 blocks from my work in Manhattan on Friday. (Busiest Day, Payroll!!! ugh)

So I quickly told my Boss I was going out on a Coffee/Staples run, and walked over to the Cache.

I know this Cache, so I was in disbelief that A Plastic Egg could fit in a Micro... :anibad:

But... It was there, just hidden from view! Thank you Easter Bunny!

I now own the Watermelon EB Coin! (My Favorite! :laughing: Pink/Green)

I know I'm not really a "Kid", but I felt like one on Friday! Thanks for that, Too!!!

Bryant Park Micro

Edited by Fluttershy

LMAO!

:laughing::anibad:B):anibad::lol:B)B)

That's hilarious! Congrats Pengo Daughter and all the other BIG and LITTLE kids,

all the new pictures posted today are great,

dang I'd drive 80 miles in a flash for a EGBCoin, B)

so far the closest has been 450+ miles away

Here Easterrrrr Bunnnnnnnnhyyyyyy B)

Edited by Frozen Buns
:sad: Just keep believing because wishes do come true! I've watched the GeocoinFairy, Secret Geocoin Agent, and the Easter Coin Bunny drop coins up and down the state but never anywhere close to home. I'm pretty patient, though, and I just knew if I waited long enough one of these special coins would come my way. There's always lots of colored eggs left in caches around this time of year, and most have toys and other trinkets in them. I found one near a cache on Saturday and thought that the previous cachers had forgotten to pack it back into the container. It didn't feel any different from other plastic eggs, but I decided to pop it open just in case. Inside was a beautiful lavendar and gold Easter Coin Bunny geocoin! :( This beauty goes straight to the top of my favorites! It's very special, indeed, and so are you, Easter Coin Bunny! Thank you so much! And to everyone else looking for one of these special coins, BELIEVE! :ph34r:

WOOOHOOO...I FOUND AN EGG!!!!!!!- Over a 250 mile round trip venture off to Yuba City For an egg that was waiting for me for over a day at Maizie-GCZQPJ!...Funny thing is, my dogs name is Maizie, so knew it was mine!

When I discovered that the Easter Coin Bunny had visited California again I figured that it was a "target drop" but after almost 2 days out in the wild and a little ivestigating I figured it was dropped for me!...or anyone that would get to it before me.- SO I WAS OFF!

I was expecting about 80 miles one way, but it was over 125 mi. It was me, the Humboldt grin and Gizmo and had it not been for them "Egging" me on- I probably would have stayed to finish the work that I will now have to do 1st thing in the Morn. Its now 2:40 AM (and I left at 6:00PM)

When we got to the site the cache was a Decoy Duck hidin in the bushes- I spotted it right away, but when the others spotted it I told them "WAIT- there a nesting duck down there" they both backed off and went elsewhere with there flashlights and my GPS. After searching all around they said "its like where the duck is" After my little chuckle I "wanted to pet the duck" so I reached in blocking their lights and "QUACK"-Out came the startled duck! Gizmo immediatley said "I thought that was a decoy"- Yeah right!

At first I didnt see the egg, but when I looked- it was laying on it, just waiting to hatch it for me! When I popped it- out come the prettiest most sparkley little Blue and Gold Easter egg that I ever did see!

After a little visit and restocking the egg with a Nickel Evil Micro I was off with my new treasure fondling it the whole way home!

NOW COMES THE SAD PART :(

When I got home I recieved an Email from a fellow cacher here on the forums that was headed out 1st thing in the morning with her 3 year old Granddaughter who saw my eariler post and just wanted to know which cache I was headed too.

It turns out we both wanted the same egg -I cant help but feel bad, and since I got a GSA coin and she is still patiently waiting a GSA and a Easter bunny coin, I put up the proposition of if by Easter, there is no bunny or GSA that comes through her neck of the woods that I would arrange a special Bunny visit for the little one and her Grandma...After all-Im a 29 year old man who had the joy of finding it, I get the joy of enjoying it (Its right next to my GSA right now) and I sure hope not, but I may get the joy of giving it away too!- we'll just see what pops up in San Jose first.

So for the sake of me and for the sake of a Grandma and her little one... Hopefully the Bunny can Hop on down to San Jose and drop another egg, or the GSA heads to So Cal again, but if not- Ive got an eager egg that wants nothing more that to be loved by a 3 year old and her Grandma! :sad:

9a1e5554-cddb-484e-9451-b243782d698f.jpg

And here is my Maizie (She doesnt look anything like the cache, but shes cute)

766d5d9e-3ab8-45c9-bb09-3197b2102e19.jpg

Had alot of fun goin after this one, all this work to do and here I am goin after an Easter Egg till 2:30 AM- Guess you can see my Priorities