The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

I hope the Easter Geocoin Bunny makes a trip to Iowa!

Happy Easter, everyone!

You might want to check out these then? ;);):laughing:

gc1wxbm the catnip capers #3

gc20hq1 temacon's comma

gc21fx5 H.A.C.Treasure's of Scouting:BSA Alumni Connection

gc21nq1 HAC Coin Collecting

I did that 100 mile trek in '07 to snag a EGB coin, but I don't think I'll make it this year!

OK, I did make the 200 mile round trip after work today and grabbed the last one in Cedar Rapids. That was close! Thank you so much, Easter Geocoin Bunny. I'm glad I made the trip. I will upload pictures in the morning. They are on Bus Boy's phone.

Just checked your log entries for the 3 caches which one did you finally retrieve it out of?? I see that no one has logged entries for the others, that is just not right.

He was in holland too and visited my cache!! A bleu egg with a purple/yellow coin in it. Superb!!! :D:):):):):):laughing::laughing:

Congrats Dirkverschuren...maybe i will meet the EGB on GME2010-mega in the netherlands on saturday :)

And maybe i will meet some dutch coiners, too....would be great to get you all to know :D

I hope the Easter Geocoin Bunny makes a trip to Iowa!

Happy Easter, everyone!

You might want to check out these then? :D:P:P

gc1wxbm the catnip capers #3

gc20hq1 temacon's comma

gc21fx5 H.A.C.Treasure's of Scouting:BSA Alumni Connection

gc21nq1 HAC Coin Collecting

I did that 100 mile trek in '07 to snag a EGB coin, but I don't think I'll make it this year!

OK, I did make the 200 mile round trip after work today and grabbed the last one in Cedar Rapids. That was close! Thank you so much, Easter Geocoin Bunny. I'm glad I made the trip. I will upload pictures in the morning. They are on Bus Boy's phone.

Just checked your log entries for the 3 caches which one did you finally retrieve it out of?? I see that no one has logged entries for the others, that is just not right.

I found the one in Morgan Creek Park. :D

WOW!!! Congrats to all the lucky finders!!! :)

CCWashburn... you mean that cachers took the coins from the caches and didn't even log that they took it? Oh my friend! If that is what you mean... it is not nice! At least a thank you in the log book would be ok! The mystery maker is giving coins from free so he/she deserves at least a thank you!

I hope that each cacher took one only and let others be as happy was he when he found it... Ok.. I know htat it is difficult to do that if you find both versions... but this is the correct thing to do...(take only one!)... I think! :)

There was only one version (Charlie Brown) in our area and 4 caches were graced with them by the Easter Geocoin Bunny. I was fortunate enough that one of them was my cache and I went to check on it after the storms the evening before. 2 of the other 3 caches CyDriver reported them not being in but there are no logs other than CyDrivers from the day of or in the day following that the coins would have appeared. How very sad, cachers grabbing coins even though they are not trackable and not listing their visit. CyDriver thank you for being courteous about your visit and logging it!!

I have been a slacker, but now that I can breathe I can post that I found a coin! I was sooo excited!! I was driving home from visiting a friend and stopped at a rest area. Luckily I had one of the tank hounds with me as an "excuse" to tromp off into the woods. It was still dark...the cache hadn't been found since around March 24th...and there was a coin in there from the Bunny! HOLY COW! I mean, a rest area cache? And I found it! I did the happy dance and Rosie pulled me along and off we went. THANK YOU very much for sharing your eggs!!!

I found the one in Morgan Creek Park. :)

The rest have been found with no one posting a log for them, how shameful!

Maybe they didn't get home yet? How long ago was this?

It has been over a week, they are no longer in the caches that they were placed into and no one has posted that they picked them up. I am positive the Geocoin Bunny dropped them in those caches. Only 2 of the 4 have been listed (I have not checked in the last couple days) as being found, the one I retrieved and the one Cy Driver retrieved, another local cacher was hunting for one also and noticed no logs after the Easter Geocoin Bunny log but also no plastic egg with a coin it it either, other coins that were trackable were still in the cache. Sad that other cachers would be so non thankful for such a gift. I did not sign the log on my cache but I did post a note on the page and here.(also had to do some maintenance and added some swag) The other 3 caches are regular caches, the 4th (Temacon's Comma) is almost a micro, the egg did not fit in it so it was in a hole next to it, I actually thought it was a leftover egg from an Easter egg hunt til I opened it.(then saw the log on the cache sheet)

I just noticed one of them is also now missing the EGB post wonder if the owner got the coin??

Edited by CCWashburn

:D Oh boy! I really thought I was very lucky today but...

I went to drop a couple of pathtags (that came to me by mail) in caches near my house and in one of the caches that is hiden in a hole of a tree... I saw an egg outside of the cache! I was so happy!!! I thought that Easter bunny visited my island and droped a coin!!! Oh.. I was wrong! It was just a plastic egg! huh!

:) Oh boy! I really thought I was very lucky today but...

I went to drop a couple of pathtags (that came to me by mail) in caches near my house and in one of the caches that is hiden in a hole of a tree... I saw an egg outside of the cache! I was so happy!!! I thought that Easter bunny visited my island and droped a coin!!! Oh.. I was wrong! It was just a plastic egg! huh!

LMAO! :)

I found one during a t5-climbing-tour at alken (by "river" mosel) - thanks a lot to Easter Bunny!

Cool what number was it?

Woodstock

07 - mar-elendili

Sorry, i didn´t know that i should list this (it was my first mystery coin "outside"), but here it is:

Woodstock

060 - ice13-333

;)

Edited by ice13-333

Sorry I'm a little late in posting.

I was visiting a good friend of mine in Ohio last weekend. I have insomnia and couldn't go to sleep, so I hopped online to do some poking around. I knew the Easter Bunny was coming soon, so I took an look and what do you know.... there is a cache in Toledo (which I pass on my way home) and no one has logged a find, and no note saying the egg has been retrieved. I get all excited and plan to hit the cache on my way home... two days from then. The next day I was talking to DarrylW4 and came to find out that a buddy and he were going to be in Toledo. So I asked him if he could stop by the cache and check it out. Later that day I get a text of a picture of an egg!! WOOT! It was still there, almost 2 weeks after the Easter Bunny had visited. This is the first mystery coin that I have found in a cache, wow, what a feeling... and I wasn't really even there! (I have Charlie Brown number 059)

Thank you Easter Bunny!!!

Now, if I can only get my hands on a Woodstock. :rolleyes:;)

WOOHOO I found a black and gold glitter Easter Geocoin Egg today, #63!! I found it in cache GC25W5B.

Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for sharing your treasures with us :blink:;)

Here is my cache log entry:

"I noticed that the Easter Geocoin Bunny visited this cache the day after I found it :laughing: I then put the cache on my watch list to see who would find the special egg he left behind. Two logs later no one mentioned seeing the egg so I thought that someone may have picked it up and not logged it. Well, I was near this cache today and my curiosity was getting the best of me so I went to check the cache. I opened the ammo can and could not believe it, there is was, a green plastic egg sitting in the bottom of the ammo can. I opened the egg and inside was a black and gold glitter Easter Egg Geocoin, thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny :lol:"

WOOHOO I found a black and gold glitter Easter Geocoin Egg today, #63!! I found it in cache GC25W5B.

Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny for sharing your treasures with us :blink::ph34r:

Here is my cache log entry:

"I noticed that the Easter Geocoin Bunny visited this cache the day after I found it :huh: I then put the cache on my watch list to see who would find the special egg he left behind. Two logs later no one mentioned seeing the egg so I thought that someone may have picked it up and not logged it. Well, I was near this cache today and my curiosity was getting the best of me so I went to check the cache. I opened the ammo can and could not believe it, there is was, a green plastic egg sitting in the bottom of the ammo can. I opened the egg and inside was a black and gold glitter Easter Egg Geocoin, thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny :) "

I knew I should have gone caching in Jacksonville this week.... congrats! :D

Woohoo!!!! The Easter Coin Bunny is in Canada!

I decided to tackle a puzzle cache in a downtown park in Halifax at lunch yesterday. Had to find a benchmark on the shoreline, do some math with the date and other info to calculate a distance and bearing to find the final cache location. The cache was an old rusted ammo can that had seen better days. But inside was a pretty purple easter egg! Actually, I didn't even notice it at first, but I saw that the Easter Coin Bunny had left his calling card in the log book!

Woodstock

092 - E&Cplus3

Woohoo!!!! The Easter Coin Bunny is in Canada!

I decided to tackle a puzzle cache in a downtown park in Halifax at lunch yesterday. Had to find a benchmark on the shoreline, do some math with the date and other info to calculate a distance and bearing to find the final cache location. The cache was an old rusted ammo can that had seen better days. But inside was a pretty purple easter egg! Actually, I didn't even notice it at first, but I saw that the Easter Coin Bunny had left his calling card in the log book!

Woodstock

092 - E&Cplus3

Dang good find E&Cplus3 maybe you can bring it to Midland when you run through so I can see it :D

Ok, I will now tell you the story of me and the Easter Coin Bunny Coin :D

Two days ago I saw that two of the bunny coins had been hidden not far away from my home. At the same evening I saw that, I made my way to the first cache, a traditional. It was hidden near to a castle. I did not want to waste time so I started immediately with the clothes and shoes I had worn that day. No good idea as I would find out later B)

The parking space was about 500 metres away from the cache spot. BUT: 500 metres beeline! As the path to the castle was very steep, there were some metres more to walk to the cache. Hard work :anibad: At the end the path had to be left and a stony area began with steep slopes at the side. If I had put on my walking shoes, that would have been no problem, but with the slippery shoes I wore... Nevertheless I climbed the slopes, of course. So I slipped higher and higher and searched for the cache but had no luck in the beginning. After searching for a while, I finally spotted the hiding place :lol: Nervously I opened the cache and... no Easter Egg :D;) Someone had found it before I was there.

I was disappointed, but I thought ok, I still have another chance. The other cache was a mystery cache, that could also be done as a multi cache. I wanted to do the multi cache immedialtely. But it was already dark and without the cache description I had no chance. So I drove home and started my notebook. I needed some time to solve the quiz, but the I had coodrinates! But I was not sure if they were right and there was no geo checker.

Of course I had driven to the coordinates the following day before I went to work. I searched in the area and suddenly spotted a sandstone. I put it up and there was the cache! It was a plastic box, so I could watch the inside before I opened it. And there was a pink plastic egg!!!! I was so nervous, I really hoped that the coin was still in there... I opened it... and there was the beautiful coin!!! I was so happy!!! My efforts paid off. I was so happy, the whole drive back I had the egg rested on my legs! B)

Thank you so much Easter Coin Bunny, that was the best start of the day I could imagine!!! :lol: The Easter Coin Bunny is the best!!!!!

Edited by sterni2009

:):);):P:D

Here is a message from Holland. I had never heard about it, but YESSSS....I found an Easter Coin! The purple/yellow version no. 045. It must have been in 'T Paradijs for a while, since Easter has long passed, but I was the lucky 'grabber'. I'm very proud to be an owner now. Do I have to announce it anywhere else that I've found it??

Thanks a lot for this coin and I will keep it safe.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Greets, Lies525 (that's Liz525 actually; don't think anything else :D )

WHO-HOOOO!

I found my very FIRST mystery coin, on my last geocaching trip! I haven't ever received one before and to find one in a cache...well, I am over the moon about it! Thank you so much EGB!

Mine is a yellow/purple one with #004 on it.

It took me a while to figure out this thread.

Beginning of may we found the yellow-violet egg no. 009 in Germany, near Tübingen. The egg looked like it traveled a bit before we found it, so maybe we are not the "official" finders.

So this coin really is a present?! Thank you very much then!! :-) This must have been a lot of work for you, designing coins and spreading them all over the world! But we are happy to keep it as a start for a hopefully growing collection of geocoins.

Thanks a lot, Easter Coin Bunny! :rolleyes:

:) I finally found the thread! I was trying to find it but even if it was in the first page, I couldn't see it! Oh! I am getting ld or my eye glasses need some cleanning! ;)

I had a huge surprise yesterday!!!! I went to drop a pathtag in a cache close to my house and... in the log book there was a beautiful sticker with a bunny on it! Does this sounds familiar??? OH!!!! :D I found an egg!!!! A beautiful woodstock coin is in my hands now!!!! It is so pretty!!!! I have number 052! :D

Easter Bunny visited Rhodes!!! There were Cruizer ships yesterday in the island so we had many tourists visitors! One of them was EB! :D

Thank you so much my mystery friend!!! :D

:) I finally found the thread! I was trying to find it but even if it was in the first page, I couldn't see it! Oh! I am getting ld or my eye glasses need some cleanning! ;)

I had a huge surprise yesterday!!!! I went to drop a pathtag in a cache close to my house and... in the log book there was a beautiful sticker with a bunny on it! Does this sounds familiar??? OH!!!! :D I found an egg!!!! A beautiful woodstock coin is in my hands now!!!! It is so pretty!!!! I have number 052! :D

Easter Bunny visited Rhodes!!! There were Cruizer ships yesterday in the island so we had many tourists visitors! One of them was EB! :D

Thank you so much my mystery friend!!! :D

CONGRATULATIONS NIKOS! :D:D:D

So this coin really is a present?! Thank you very much then!! :-) This must have been a lot of work for you, designing coins and spreading them all over the world! But we are happy to keep it as a start for a hopefully growing collection of geocoins.

Thanks a lot, Easter Coin Bunny!

Yes dropping coins in caches is the fun part! Although the San Francisco to Greece to Frankfurt flights are a bit long! :cool: