The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

I saw the very first post and like so many others I thought, "I hope the easter bunny comes to visit me." Then I kept reading and found that so many friends were getting them. I kept checking practically every day the two caches I thought most likely to have a visit. . . . . . . Nothing, Zero, Nada.

I was at an event and talked to someone who I thought might be the Easter Bunny. They denied it (of course) I begged and pleaded for one, it was downright humilating. No visit no coin.

I got desperate and even e-mailed the Easter Geocoin Bunny, it didn't help :blink:

I my dispair I even unsubscribed to this thread.

Finally this morning, I got up early to go my my church to help feed the homeless breakfast (something we do each and every Sunday morning) After clean up I went to check on my cache hidden in the back parking lot.

I opened the cache and there was a sight to behold. The Easter Geocoin Bunny had come a visiting. There was that coin I had so wanted and on Easter morning. What a treat.

Thanks Eastercoin Bunny.

Seems like all the coins end up on the east side of the state near Detroit but finally tonight one was left near me. Only 30 miles away and no log so I just had to go for it. So it is dark and cold and I can't remember how this hide went so I had to find all four stages again. I finally get to the final and all looks good. nothing seems moved and the box is frozen in place. But it was not ment to be. No coin as it was taken yesterday.

Oh Well maybe I will get another chance.

Team Sand Dollar

Just finished logging my caches after an afternoon and evening caching run. This afternoon, I had to get the laptop out to check something on a cache that had gone missing in Pointe-Claire. I was next to a building. So the wi-fi came in handy. I also checked my desktop to see if any more geocoinbunny caches had appeared. Sure enough, one was dropped off in DDO, about 20 min. from where I was. :unsure:

So I hurrried down there. Nice, a big woodland park. I bushwhacked through the woods and found the cache. Inside, was an egg with a coin. :) It was light blue and gold with a mauve glitter back. Very nice. :D

I was starting to think that I would never find one but the Easter Bunny changed all that and on Easter Sunday at that. Like I've said in the past, you have to believe. I left a few little surprises for the next to find.

Thank you so much, Easter Bunny. :D

I was on my way to my parents house for Easter weekend. I have tried to find this cache which is located in a highway rest area on the way to their house probably 4 or 5 times without any luck. Since I was driving past, I decided to stop again and look for that elusive 3rd stage despite the snow, wind and freezing temperatures. Besides, the dogs needed a break! LOL I was armed with the same phone a friend clue I had on the last attempt but this time I had also given more thought to the placement of earlier stages. Sure enough this time I found the elusive 3rd stage rather quickly! My gpsr was jumping around on the walk to the final but I did find it! When I opened the ammo can there nestled on a bed of grass was a green plastic easter egg. I didn't think it was silly putty and after opening it I found an Easter Geocoin Bunny coin!!!! I quickly checked the log and yes indeed the Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited the day before on Good Friday. When my shock had somewhat decreased, I realized I had left my swag bag in the car. I had to retrieve the bag to search for something to leave in trade. T--easter geocoin L--unactivated geocoin, GJTB TFTH (on all attempts!) Excellent hides!

Thanks Easter Geocoin Bunny for the fun I had in finding your coin!

647d514e-f27f-4c4f-8c17-50bb1a96c301.jpg

WOW!! Easter Geocoin Bunny was in full form today!!

Had to do a maintenance run on one of my caches this afternoon to change out a log after our family get together and low and behold the EGB logs a drop in that very cache just in time for me to find it!!

A nice Pink & Green Sparkly Beauty!!

Glad the un-naturally cold weather for this area held the locals out and about down to a minimum to let me get this one!! :D

Lil Gridess (daughter) wasted the batteries on the digital camera at the family gathering, so I wasn't able to get any pics. :unsure:

Thanks Easter Geocoin Bunny!! :) Bok! Bok!

D-man :D

Sunday I was going to an Easter brunch with family. The evening before I saw an egg popping up in a cache (The Fifth Egg of Pino - translated from Dutch) along the route, so the next morning I left my house one hour earlier to take a look...and yeah!!! I was glad to find a sparkling lavendel-golden egg :laughing:

That was really a nice start of Easter Day...Thanx ECB thumbup.gif

Looks like the ol' Bunny was really travelin'. Maybe he was getting tired of all the attention, maybe he really lives in the north somewhere near the Geocaching Secret Agent's lair, but an egg hit on of my caches on Easter day and after patiently waiting for 24 hours, I swung by today and opened the cache to find it still there.

Now Fairbanks, Alaska is a long ways to hop but then again, the ol' bunny might just have a connection with the famed GSA.

:lol: Yeah I know, I could say he/she has been a long way from home but hey, where do they live??? Anyway It appears they have been quite a way down here too,

It was the start of the school holidays down here last week and I had to travel 200 odd Km to pick up the junior members of our team. Since I had a bit of time to spare decided to check out a few caches along the way and what do I find? The EGB had blessed us kiwi's with it's presence :lol:, I raced (within the speed limit) to this cache "The Nest of Kaikai-a-waro" worked my way through the multi and was rewarded by finding a very suspiscious looking "egg" in this "nest" :anitongue: , I was soooooooooo keen to crack it open and see if what I hoped was actually in the egg but decided that the junior team members would enjoy this just as much as me and I could wait just a little bit longer.

As they say, "A picture tells a Thousand Words" so check these out.

Cache Log Entry

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/5c78ed61-fa47-4c8e-8f01-7d89023748b8.jpg' alt='5c78ed61-fa47-4c8e-8f01-7d89023748b8.jpg'>

b5e1a8fc-c1b2-47f7-ae16-74d9752341b6.jpg

3b56a5d2-a47b-4167-bb6d-834a757da88b.jpg

I hope that works, I'm still a bit of a newbie when it comes to computers :laughing:

HOLY COW MARK!!!!!!!!!!! You got a Bunny visit!!!!!! W/O further adoo lets see ahat we can do with the pics...I cropped my Avitar before I posted it- Maybe we can shrink pics the same! Ill see what I can do with my pics and ill try to copy one of yours too. - ill let ya know------------LUCKY YOU!!!...And it was in chocolate!!!

Last week I got an email that a geocoin was nearby. Well, it was 100 miles away, but hey, great excuse for a road trip! So last night a pal o'mine (3card) and I headed across the state in the rain to find the elusive prize. We cached a bit on the way, and arrived at the site around 10:45 pm. Not another soul around, so into the woods we go. There it is! Woo hoooooo! My prize in my hand, we go another little ways for the nearby cache. There was rumored to be another bunny coin in there from last week, and there was... up until earlier that day. Someone nabbed it, so my pal was left out. It wasn't really expected to still be there, but amazing that it lasted until yesterday in the cache!

Woo hoo, there it is!

eastercoin1.jpg

A travelbug helped me find it...

eastercoin2.jpg

Joefrog and the elusive Easter Coin!

eastercoin3.jpg

Thank you Easter Bunny!!

Edited by joefrog

Joefrog and the elusive Easter Coin!

eastercoin3.jpg

Thank you Easter Bunny!!

Dude! Warn a guy before you post something like that! Right back at ya buddy! You are suppose to warn people before posting something like that! My computer screen actually flickered when it appeared!

Congrats on your nocturnal find! <_<

;):D:D:D:DYEEHAAAWWWWWW! :D:D:D:D:D

The Easter Bunny finally came to Montana.....I'm so happyyyyyyyyyy!

I just cached at this place last Friday and an email came in saying get my hiney moving. Grabbed the dogs and found me an Easter egg right here in the Treasure State :unsure:

Easter coin bunny: This has been great pleasure watching everyone go nuts over a Easter egg coin. Thank you for doing this! You have a very kind heart :blink: tsun

I don't have any cute kids to hold up the egg and I didn't want to break my camera by taking a picture of myself, so these will have to do. THEE egg and my mongrels after a swim in the Missouri River.

8e28c736-8932-41e8-9570-30e7b89d74f8.jpg

b79433a5-c0bf-45dd-ae95-6886538b7f39.jpg

YYEEHHAAWWWW!!!! It happened, it happened, the ECB visited me!!! I have been chasing down this elusive bunny coin for weeks now. The first time I went for a coin I missed it by merely an hour or so, the second coin I went after I ended up purchasing a new tire. I was ready to give up!!!

I looked at the ECB's profile this morning and saw that there was a drop in SLC at a cache I have been to before called Reflections4U . it can be a difficult cache to ge to, but worse than that it is 23.6 miles one way, I did not have hte time to drop what I was doing and make a mad dash, my best bet was to wait until tomorrow and go after work. A bit risky, who knows if it would still be there.

Later on during the day I received an email informing that the ECB had visited The Mother Load, this is the same cache that the GSA visited so when I picked up the GSA coin and left a Top 40 coin I put it on my watch list, boy did that decision ever pay off!! This cache is only 0.6 miles from the house much closer than Reflections 4U.

Threw on the shoes, zoomed to the cache, opened up the container to find me an ECB egg with a special coin. Thank you ECB, I really appreciated what you have done for the coin community.

Boo_Boo has no clue what she is about to receive in her basket, I can't wait to see her smile!!!!

Can you spot the correct egg?

a12ada74-f4f2-4fa7-8612-7890d9a58db9.jpg

Did you guess correct? Scroll down to see!

2d750217-1943-48a9-a3f2-e3bdf37a957f.jpg

WHOA MAN!!! These are some Great finds today!!! Check out this whole page and look at all the killer finds! All I can say is Congrats to everyone! Way too many to list individually, But I hope That coin paid off for all that lovely Oak that Joefrog managed to tangle with!

And I guessed the right egg Damenace...What did I win? Does my egg get a twin?

These pics'N'Posts are great! I like how someone like SouthBayday can still Beg and Pleed for a silly little Egg, like a little kid hoping for a new bike from Santa for Christamas...Just like the rest of us!!! :unsure: ...It sure is funny what these little coins do to us and what we do for them!!!! I just love it!!!

Once the samples go up for auction please post a link. :blink:

Can't do that cause it's not a gc trackable coin and the mods will edit any post with a link :unsure: But look at ebay after 8 pacific time tonight for the first one.

Wow! I see that the '2007 EASTER COIN BUNNY Proof Geocoin - Charity Auction' is now above $100 on EBAY. Great that the money is going to Charity.

Congratulations all!

Well, I've tried to be good and quiet, since we were lucky enough to have the GSA offer us a mission. I kept quiet and watched all the awesome pics come rolling in. The originals with Bella are still my favorites. But these are too cool. I would think that another bunny would be more than happy to visit our bunny hutch :lol: . There's fresh straw on the floor and we don't even know how to cook hossenfeffer.

Woo-Hoo! Congrats Damenace on your find. Boo_Boo is going to be ecstatic when she finds her special Easter surprise! After the miscues so glad it worked for you and Boo_Boo! :laughing:

We found an EGB coin as well. Yay!!!! Thank you from all of us EGB! :lol:

Easter Day we noticed one of our caches had been visited. We quickly checked the log and saw it was the EGB. Containing our excitement (we did not want the kids to know in case we missed the coin) I raced out to the cache but had told the kids we needed something for Easter dinner at the supermarket. Good thing they knew the store was open! Well luck prevailed and the beautiful coin was still there (and I did stop at the market on the way home to make it look good!) Knowing that we had a geocache egg hunt set up for the kids we decided to incorporate the EGB coin into the hunt. Working as a mom & dad team we hid the egg on the grounds of our house and put the coordinates for the EGB coin into a plastic egg that we planned to plant at the final stash. We had set the Easter hunt to take them to 5 different places with the final cache a nice bunch of surprises. The first set of coordinates were on the kitchen table (brought by the Easter Bunny of course!) along with some candy - and then around town we went finding a new set of coordinates hiddenin an egg along with more candy! It was a cold, windy but sunny day and they had a blast searching out their treasure. We waited as long as we could to leave so the sun could bring the temp out of the teens. Hard to contain excited munchkins! Good thing though, or grabbing the coin and having it as part of their hunt would have been a problem if we had left too early!

Here they are at the last cache holding the Golden Egg that contained a final bonus hunt (we tossed the egg in without them noticing – whew!) Hmmm, wonder what that could be? Our daughter was overwhelmed when she saw opened the golden egg and said “What more could we possibly get? This has been great already!” The whole way to the final coordinates she could not stop exclaiming her delight and wondering what the bonus could possibly be! ;)

583a0597-5f51-479c-873f-137cb40576f5.jpg

At the final coordinates racing around trying to figure out where the last cache is.

ad892914-275c-43af-8a06-77826bc523b9.jpg

Opening the egg and reading the EGB poem

f253461f-8c58-4f2c-9ab8-f6ee854a0ac4.jpg

We were all so excited jumping up & down that my son twisted his ankle. He hobbled back into the house and didn’t want to be in anymore pics. Oh well. He was fine 5 minutes later. Our daughter though was glad to show it off. We got the coin that was blue & yellow on the front with purple on the back.

2a642d5c-59d6-40e3-ac02-79d51d25e96f.jpg

Thank you so much EGB!!! :lol: You made a great day even better! I was immediately admonished by the kids – Do not trade this coin mommy! As if I would!

And one more pic – this was Tuesday - the same tree where the kids found the EGB. And the snow was even higher yesterday. So much for their predictions of less than an inch. The soccer season is now 2 weeks old with no games played yet and none probably till next week. Glad the snow waited till after Easter weekend!

131ce37c-2053-48db-95bc-b99843adf639.jpg

Thanks again EGB for sharing with others in the community. You made the long winter fun! :(

Edited by GPX Navigators

Mrs 4BOWS was just returning home from a staff meeting on the morning after Easter, when she saw that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had stopped at the cache on our property. I'm guessing that she was heading off to vacation after her long journey these past few weeks, when she decided to stop off at our cache. Glad the dog didn't frighten her away!

I found the beautiful egg coin, and replaced it with another pretty egg coin (although none can quite compare to the Easter Geocoin egg!) for someone else to find.

Thank you very much Easter Bunny for making my day!

422be44f-7576-4a2a-acf2-11a05d68472d.jpg

My Easter surprise!

c3124dc5-cc39-44ef-9be5-850c64488124.jpg

The coin I left in place of the Easter Bunny coin

1ce8baf5-6fd8-4b0a-9e63-10911aa68904.jpg

Geo our geodog, helping to find the Easter Bunny's stash.

I just came from an event - "Third Annual Easter Egg Hunt POSTPONED and MOVED" (GC10KP8). It was supposed to be last weekend, before Easter, but bad weather postponed the event until today. I knew the Easter Geocoin Bunny was going to drop off some special eggs here - he posted a note of his intentions. But with over 1000 plastic eggs and plenty of geocachers, I could only hope for the impossible. Everyone ran out in the park and within a few minutes, all the eggs were picked up. Everyone walked back to the pavillion and started opening their eggs to see what treasures they held. I went through about half of my bag of eggs, when suddenly, I couldn't believe what was in one of my eggs. An Easter Egg Geocoin. I had actually won one of the eggs that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had left!

Unbelievable! I even won a cute little stuffed bunny to help me watch over the geocoin egg. THANK YOU SO MUCH EASTER GEOCOIN BUNNY !!!! This was such a wonderful surprise.

bunnyandcoin.jpg

MY STUFFED BUNNY WATCHING OVER THE GEOCOIN EGG.

EasterBunnyGeocoin.jpg

WOW! I had given up on the Easter Geocoin Bunny visiting Colorado! Seems like the little guy (or big guy...) has some extra goodies left over from Easter! I got notification that the Bunny had visited one of my caches!! I dropped everything I was doing (grading papers for one of my online classes) and hopped (pun intended) to race to the cache. It was about 30 minutes away, so that was a stressful drive! When I got there I looked around and didn't see any hidden eggs...I was disapointed thinking that someone else got there before me...but when I opened the container...THERE IT WAS! (You can see by the pic why it's called "What's up Doc". I also don't have any 2 legged kids...so I took the pic when I got home of one of the Tank Hounds...She obviously wasn't as thrilled as I was!! Thank you so much for visiting Colorado! You made our day!

S6009623.jpg

DSCF9619.jpg

YYEEHHAAWWWW!!!! It happened, it happened, the ECB visited me!!! I have been chasing down this elusive bunny coin for weeks now. The first time I went for a coin I missed it by merely an hour or so, the second coin I went after I ended up purchasing a new tire. I was ready to give up!!!

I looked at the ECB's profile this morning and saw that there was a drop in SLC at a cache I have been to before called Reflections4U . it can be a difficult cache to ge to, but worse than that it is 23.6 miles one way, I did not have hte time to drop what I was doing and make a mad dash, my best bet was to wait until tomorrow and go after work. A bit risky, who knows if it would still be there.

Later on during the day I received an email informing that the ECB had visited The Mother Load, this is the same cache that the GSA visited so when I picked up the GSA coin and left a Top 40 coin I put it on my watch list, boy did that decision ever pay off!! This cache is only 0.6 miles from the house much closer than Reflections 4U.

Threw on the shoes, zoomed to the cache, opened up the container to find me an ECB egg with a special coin. Thank you ECB, I really appreciated what you have done for the coin community.

Boo_Boo has no clue what she is about to receive in her basket, I can't wait to see her smile!!!!

Can you spot the correct egg?

a12ada74-f4f2-4fa7-8612-7890d9a58db9.jpg

Did you guess correct? Scroll down to see!

2d750217-1943-48a9-a3f2-e3bdf37a957f.jpg

And here is Boo_Boo holding her lucky egg.

DSCN0107.jpg

Woohoo! I spotted the ECB trail, which wasn't easy as it was a set of tracks I had never seen before. So I dug out my nano magnifying glass that led me to my TB hotel. Sure enough (s)he had left a coin in there! I grabbed it as quick as I could! Maybe (s)he felt bad for the muggled one I didn't find earlier? This is a great coin! My first special coin too! Thank you ECB!! I will always keep this in my growing collection!

Look at this!

afab19ec-c5cb-4176-8652-c72f5d2dd8c1.jpg

I drove to Lebanon, NH (50+/- miles) in hopes to find an Easter Bunny Geocoin. Apparently there were three hidden in different caches there. I went for the multi. It seemed like a long hike in on Friday afternoon in the 2-3 inches of new snow. I found the Fairy Kingdom Tree without too much trouble and traded a neat pin for the Bunny's coin egg. Very exciting! I feel privileged to have found one of these rare eggs! Especially here in NH. :laughing: Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny! You are very kind!

I drove to Lebanon, NH (50+/- miles) in hopes to find an Easter Bunny Geocoin. Apparently there were three hidden in different caches there. I went for the multi. It seemed like a long hike in on Friday afternoon in the 2-3 inches of new snow. I found the Fairy Kingdom Tree without too much trouble and traded a neat pin for the Bunny's coin egg. Very exciting! I feel privileged to have found one of these rare eggs! Especially here in NH. :laughing: Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny! You are very kind!

Congratulations on the find!

I am not a big geocoin collector (although I do like them), and so my introduction to the ECB was because an egg coin was dropped at a cache that I was watching. How totally CUTE! I was hooked immediately. Unfortunately, I never got a chance to get that egg.

I then found THIS thread here and even started a thread in my regional forum. Some people grumbled. Some people were supportive. The ECB must have taken notice to that thread and must have taken pity on me, since s/he logged a Will Attend note at a Cache In Trash Out event that I was planning to attend! You know CITO is near and dear to my heart.

So, I was dragging my trash bag along the trail towards the roadside where we were told to make a pile for the trucks to pick up later on: Guess what? I saw that an egg coin was dropped off on top of some trash bags that were recently filled!!! Hmm .... B)B)

Thank you very much to the ECB and the other helpers !!! :)

At the cito_banner2007.gif :

b3d4a2bf-25df-427d-8a53-c15e17994130.jpg

At home:

6885ce71-f6f8-40a8-90c2-9bad6db35669.jpg

I love how sparkly it is!

ed60d06d-f420-44f7-95c8-445de9caa4f8.jpg

Nice One! It was a little thank you gift from the bunny for all your hard work ill bet! We need more Citofreaks in this world- Ill bet if everyone got an easter coin Bunny coin for a bag of trash, there would be alot less trash in this world, but then again- the better of the population would just toss it in...they just dont understand us!!! Just imagine us Dumpster Divin for Geocoins! :D:D Sounds like a great Event Game!

Congrats to all!!! We all go above and beyond the call of duty for this great game...we deserve it- Thank You Easter Coin Bunny!...and Good luck to all the Hope to finders! :D

The first proof auction closed at $105. The donation was paid through MissionFish today to Make a Child Smile Org. in the amount of $99.75. Thank you to the buyer for their kind donation :D

Total eBay & PayPal fees for the listing were $8.03, which came out of the 5% non-donated amount and my existing PayPal funds.

Will schedule another coin to begin this evening after speaking with the ECB.