The Easter Geocoin Bunny!

UOTrackers

Windrose, I'm so sorry to hear of your EGB loss. I do hope your daughter doesn't take it too bad. I know my 10 year old would still be crying over it. She's so sensitive.

Glenn, that is such a kind gesture of you. But it doesn't surprise me for your are such a nice guy!!

....Anthus

OK, Let's try this one:

Hallo Paashaas,

Even een kort berichtje om jou te laten weten dat je absoluut welkom bent in Nederland. Het is lente hier dus je zal je goed thuisvoelen.

And ofcourse the GSA is also welcome.

tot cache,

team Wij Drie :P

Edited by Wij Drie

The Easter Geocoin Bunny sure does get around. Today he (or is it a she...anyone have a pick of the bunny?) was in Ontatio. We just finished eating lunch and when I went to check my email I see a log on my new Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggcitement cache which we placed last week that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited. Since it's a new cache, we figure there might be lots of people going to find it this weekend, so was worried that we might have missed the chance to find one of the Bunny's eggs. But my son and I hopped ito our VW Rabbit and went Egg hunting. Saw in the log that the last visitor was the Easter Geocoin Bunny, so we were hopeful and after a bit of searching among the bunnies, we found the Special Egg and what a beautiful egg it was. My son really loved it and this will one geocoin that will be really treasured by all of us. Thanks very much Easter Geocoin Bunny.

afb4d075-b1fa-48a8-bbdd-6e2e77dc43fb.jpg

a3b33f65-563a-4ae4-9d99-393fd483cfe3.jpg

Well the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world. In other words we found the coin!! :laughing: Boy was that a weight off my mind (and Angel was eggstatic :P ). We all searched the trail back to the cache. Scuffing up the leaves and poking around in the muddy puddles with no luck.

When we got to where the logs were (about 20 feet off the trail) we spent a long time searching the area. I even made Angel help me move the logs so we could see if it had fallen down in them. We ended up spending about an hour and a half searching, and finally found it partially buried under some leaves between the trail and the pile of logs. Everyone was so glad when we found it. I think they were even happier than when they found it the first time.

Then we had to go eat at Micky D's and play for several hours. You see I bribed them when we left to look for the coin by telling them that if they looked until we found it (or I was ready to give up :laughing:) , I would take them to McD's for lunch and let them play (stay) as long as they wanted to, whether we found the coin or not -- the key phrase being "until I was ready to give up" -- which wasn't going to happen until dark :laughing: .

Boy did they milk that for all it was worth, we were at McD's for over 4 hours. But it was worth it.

I want to thank everyone for the good luck wishes, and everyone who offered to send the kids a coin, especially glennk721 -- it was such a nice gesture. and was very much appreciated. I always knew this group was a great bunch of people, and you keep proving it over and over.

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

Well the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world. In other words we found the coin!! :laughing: Boy was that a weight off my mind (and Angel was eggstatic :laughing: ). We all searched the trail back to the cache. Scuffing up the leaves and poking around in the muddy puddles with no luck.

When we got to where the logs were (about 20 feet off the trail) we spent a long time searching the area. I even made Angel help me move the logs so we could see if it had fallen down in them. We ended up spending about an hour and a half searching, and finally found it partially buried under some leaves between the trail and the pile of logs. Everyone was so glad when we found it. I think they were even happier than when they found it the first time.

Then we had to go eat at Micky D's and play for several hours. You see I bribed them when we left to look for the coin by telling them that if they looked until we found it (or I was ready to give up :laughing:) , I would take them to McD's for lunch and let them play (stay) as long as they wanted to, whether we found the coin or not -- the key phrase being "until I was ready to give up" -- which wasn't going to happen until dark :laughing: .

Boy did they milk that for all it was worth, we were at McD's for over 4 hours. But it was worth it.

I want to thank everyone for the good luck wishes, and everyone who offered to send the kids a coin, especially glennk721 -- it was such a nice gesture. and was very much appreciated. I always knew this group was a great bunch of people, and you keep proving it over and over.

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

Wow, I think that is one the best adventure stories with a happy ending that we have heard in these forums. I can just picture the bunch of you rumaging around in the mud and leaves:-) It just goes to show you how crazy/obsessed we all are and how much we root for the other cacher to find the coin. This is one day you and the kids won't forget for some time to come, glad you succeeded. Way to go kids. and mom too of course. :P

Edited by summerandnana

Well the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world. In other words we found the coin!! :P Boy was that a weight off my mind (and Angel was eggstatic :laughing: ). We all searched the trail back to the cache. Scuffing up the leaves and poking around in the muddy puddles with no luck.

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

WooHoo !!! :shocked::laughing::laughing: Windrose Congrat's on your second find. Glad you were able to find it

Well the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world. In other words we found the coin!! :P Boy was that a weight off my mind (and Angel was eggstatic <_< ). We all searched the trail back to the cache. Scuffing up the leaves and poking around in the muddy puddles with no luck.

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

Who Carried the coin out to the Car ? :laughing::laughing::shocked:

Glad to hear you found your coin! :laughing:

The Easter Geocoin Bunny sure does get around. Today he (or is it a she...anyone have a pick of the bunny?) was in Ontatio. We just finished eating lunch and when I went to check my email I see a log on my new Bouncy Bunny's Easter Eggcitement cache which we placed last week that the Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited. Since it's a new cache, we figure there might be lots of people going to find it this weekend, so was worried that we might have missed the chance to find one of the Bunny's eggs. But my son and I hopped ito our VW Rabbit and went Egg hunting. Saw in the log that the last visitor was the Easter Geocoin Bunny, so we were hopeful and after a bit of searching among the bunnies, we found the Special Egg and what a beautiful egg it was. My son really loved it and this will one geocoin that will be really treasured by all of us. Thanks very much Easter Geocoin Bunny.

afb4d075-b1fa-48a8-bbdd-6e2e77dc43fb.jpg

a3b33f65-563a-4ae4-9d99-393fd483cfe3.jpg

Congratulations on your find res2100 !

The photo of your young man say's it all :P

OMG!!! Look who we found in the back yard. There he was just hopping along so I sent out my son to capture him.

100_0813.jpg

We brought him in and frisked him down but we were unable to to find any Easter Geocoin's and he was not telling us his hiding space.

100_5973.jpg

Better Luck next time

CuMoChi

Congrats Windrose. You really earned that coin !! Wow 4 hours at McD's. Not sure I could take that -- oh wait maybe I could if I could stare at the shinney EBG the whole time. :laughing:

Glad you were able to find the egg!

...Anthus

Thanks, I always bring a book to read when we're at McD's (but we usually don't stay 4 hours either). I left the coin locked in the car - for fear that I might loose it again :P .

Windrose

Well the sun is shining, the birds are singing, and all is right with the world. In other words we found the coin!! :laughing: Boy was that a weight off my mind (and Angel was eggstatic :laughing: ). We all searched the trail back to the cache. Scuffing up the leaves and poking around in the muddy puddles with no luck.

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

SOOOOO GLad to read that you found your egg, AGAIN. I think everyone who had read your post was saying their prayers that you would succeed> Now I know I am not the only Never Give Up, Obsessed and Crazy cacher out there. Great job kids, and way to go mom. :P

I think you must have set a new MC D record for use of the play area. DOn't know how you could do it with taking a peek at your Super Egg a few times :shocked:

PS Put me on your trade list for your new coin, it is really a great design... congrats again :laughing:

Edited by Frozen Buns

Then we had to go eat at Micky D's and play for several hours. You see I bribed them when we left to look for the coin by telling them that if they looked until we found it (or I was ready to give up :P) , I would take them to McD's for lunch and let them play (stay) as long as they wanted to, whether we found the coin or not -- the key phrase being "until I was ready to give up" -- which wasn't going to happen until dark :laughing: .

Thanks again everyone.

Windrose

Windrose I am SO happy for you!!!!! :laughing::laughing:

But I bet the kids had a great time tramping around in the woods again, getting dirty and to top it off MickyD's!! Great day again!!!

Great to see it found! And awesome of Glenn to step up if the coin was lost. Great log res2100. Our hotel is booked we are headed to Ontario next weekend to do the Easter cache! Hope there are still a few figurines to photograph by the time we get up there. :P

Wow, you're coming up to Ontario to do my cache. :laughing: Since it's a puzzle cache, if you need any help solving it, just let me know. I try to make the puzzles easy for the Easter caches. There were 19 figures left still when my son and I visited the cache today, and some we had to rearrange since they were a bit covered in leaves.

If you're here on Friday, maybe you want to take part in my hiking event...we'll be walking within a few hundred meters of my Easter cache (but it'll be a bushwalk or you have to walk around to the other trail, but the hike is 52.3km long...ya I know I'm crazy but we have 25+ people attending so far. BT Hike Event - Toronto Section

I can meet you at the cache too depending on what day you go and if I'm not too tired from the hike.

Woo hoo! Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny!

I was just packing up to leave campus tonight when I decided to check my email and discovered that The Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited my son's cache on the Holyoke Range!!! So, I decided to make an impromptu midnight ... ummm ... "cache maintenance run" ... yeah. :P Actually saw a trio of coyotes in my path on the way to the cache. They startled me when my light reflected off their eyes. They ran off when I whistled at them and yelled, "Hey!" What I won't do for my kids ... :laughing:

My son's cache is A Nice Hike for Kids and Grownups ... (He named it himself ... he goes by "Big Brother" in my logs)

The family was asleep, so no body is the wiser that I have the coin. I think I'll keep it a secret for a week and hide it along with the rest of his treats on Easter Sunday. I'm sure he'll be extremely excited when he finds it! I'll post pictures of his reaction. :laughing: He loves to find geocoins as much as I do. He's already caught the geocoin collector bug. :laughing:

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of Dad's midnight dash to the cache. Again, THANK YOU EASTER GEOCOIN BUNNY! All the best ...

Matt (Western Mass Clan)

At the cache (sorry for the mispelling ... it was late!)

5e6284cc-6cc8-4a65-a2a5-6317c30727e9.jpg

A closer look

989ec21f-e932-40d8-b807-afb41caa336b.jpg

Okay, I am officially depressed...not only did we miss out on a coin dropped locally yesterday, but we were there when another group found it. UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were visiting an Easter egg hunt cache, when one of the boys from 3 D's & a Pokey started jumping all around yelling "I found a coin"! He found it hidden amongst the eggs hidden for stage 1. Well, that put Brenda in quite the mood for the rest of the cache outing...she pouted ALL morning.

Maybe this will lure him back...

bunny.jpg

A little bunny cappuchino

cake_bugs_bunny_sm.JPG

and some cake.

Woo hoo! Thank you Easter Geocoin Bunny!

I was just packing up to leave campus tonight when I decided to check my email and discovered that The Easter Geocoin Bunny had visited my son's cache on the Holyoke Range!!! So, I decided to make an impromptu midnight ... ummm ... "cache maintenance run" ... yeah. :P Actually saw a trio of coyotes in my path on the way to the cache. They startled me when my light reflected off their eyes. They ran off when I whistled at them and yelled, "Hey!" What I won't do for my kids ... :laughing:

My son's cache is A Nice Hike for Kids and Grownups ... (He named it himself ... he goes by "Big Brother" in my logs)

The family was asleep, so no body is the wiser that I have the coin. I think I'll keep it a secret for a week and hide it along with the rest of his treats on Easter Sunday. I'm sure he'll be extremely excited when he finds it! I'll post pictures of his reaction. :laughing: He loves to find geocoins as much as I do. He's already caught the geocoin collector bug. :laughing:

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of Dad's midnight dash to the cache. Again, THANK YOU EASTER GEOCOIN BUNNY! All the best ...

Matt (Western Mass Clan)

At the cache (sorry for the mispelling ... it was late!)

5e6284cc-6cc8-4a65-a2a5-6317c30727e9.jpg

A closer look

989ec21f-e932-40d8-b807-afb41caa336b.jpg

WTG!!! :laughing: WMC

Dang another one I missed out on :laughing: Guess I'll just have to add all the caches around here to my watch list

Hallo Paashaas,

Even een kort berichtje om jou te laten weten dat je absoluut welkom bent in Nederland. Het is lente hier dus je zal je goed thuisvoelen.

Well, I saw your prayer was heard!

Just came to this forum to see if I can find out something about the eastergeocoinbunny because I found one of the eggs when checking my cache.

Nice thread! For all geocoinolics: There is still another egg in....

(I better do not tell where - you guys seem to go really far for these eggs and local cachers should have the chance to get it :P)

Thanks to the eastercoinbunny for travelling so far :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Chiroptera

WOW What a turn of events. I was reading emails and doing the web surfing thing and I get a notification that the ECB stopped at a cache (GC11AB2) about 1/2 mile away. Of course I headed out of the house immediately but was not sure if this was a practical joke (April Fools) or for real. I thought we had our shot at the ECB egg so I was quite surprised to find this wonderful gift in the cache when I got there. My big kid (the wife) had expressed her interest in this coin as soon as she laid eyes on it so without her knowledge I went on a rabbit hunt (figuratively speaking) not for dinner. I was very close to my objective and on a very hot bunny trail but had to break off the pursuit when her father had a heart attack and quadruple bypass. Once again thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts. The father-in-law is still very sedated but over the critical 48 hour period and slowly recovering we hope. Though he is 89 so I think he will have a long recovery. Now the fun part, my wife is unaware of this latest turn of events with the ECB, so I think I will surprise her with the find Easter Morning. She is gong to be very happy! I can't wait to see her face. You are a very special person ECB for spreading the joy and the smiles. I don't know what else to say except the obvious . . . Happy Easter. Will send photos later.

Peace

jAY miLLS

Edited to add cache number

Edited by Jay Mills

We were outside enjoying our day and we spotted another Easter Bunny!! So I sent my son to catch him.

100_5983.jpg

Just before we were able to nab him--

100_5982.jpg

He ran off and the chase was on--

100_5989.jpg

He even attacked-

100_5979.jpg

But in the end we won!!

100_5980.jpg

But no Luck no Coins!!

CuMochi

We decided to pass on the happiness that the ECB has brought us by creating an Easter Cache in the hopes that small (and big) kids will enjoy it, and have a Happy Easter. PengoDaughter helped me (PengoMommy) pick all the Easter goodies that went inside of it and helped me hide it today too. (waypoint: GC11VNQ)

Thanks ECB for making PengoDaughter's Easter 'Egg'tra special this year. :(

We are egg-cited to have our own tale to tell as well. Mother Hen decided to take the chicklets to DE for some tax-free shopping and grab a few caches to boot. We went to one cache (a micro in a park & ride lot) and saw a dude next to a black truck with the cache - but he looked a little "off" (oldest chicklet's phrase) so we waited until he left to grab the cache. We noticed that he hadn't signed the log book. We figured "muggle" and didn't give it another thought.

Moved on to the cache and happened to see a similar truck in the parking lot. We figured we were being paranoid. So we go for the cache and guess who is at gz again?!?! Well, we decided to circle around and come back for the cache 10 mins. later. When we returned he was gone. As the chicklets were digging through the ammo box, a light green plastic egg caught my eye. Could it be?!?! YES!

Needless to say, we give a huge Thanks to the generous bunny. Was it the "off" dude that was at the cache before us? No clue. Regardless, thanks again!

3b596f88-7cff-46be-a487-f01fe2ec2955.jpg

Another

fc5b3b4a-45f8-4c02-9020-b594bd8ce8fa.jpg

Oh, how many happy Easter faces I am seeing and stories I am reading. Having just checked all the locations the ECB has been he or she is getting around better and faster than Santa Claus. I have never seen Coins thrown to the wind like fairy dust reaching all the way around the globe. Congrats to all the lucky finders. :( and please please plaeas let me know how you lured him or her in to your area :) I must go find more items to tempt the ECB :):D:D:(

At first I thought that it was an April fools joke played on me, but it has been confirmed. Yime pulled another coin from the Easter Egg Hunt cache that we visited on Saturday. I got an email from him before he jetted off to Vegas. Apparently, the ECB left 2 eggs with coins hidden among the stage 1 eggs! UGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am definately NOT telling Brenda.

Woooooooooo hoooooooooooo. I noticed yesterday evening that the ECB had visited Calgary earlier that day and had left a few coins around the town. It has been snowing like crazy here for the last day and a half and since I was working last night I figured by the time I got off this morning there would have been some intrepid cachers with coins in their hand by this morning. However, not wanting to give up without a fight I got off work early this morning, loaded up the gps with some coords and headed for the nearest cache that A: I hadn't found and B: had been visited by the ECB. Of course this cache happens to be on the other side of the city and all the way there I was thinking I was too late.

I parked the car and noticed fresh set of tracks in the snow, heading in exactly the direction of the cache. Imagine my relief when they veered off about 15m from the prize. I quickly found the cache and opened it to find a purple egg. Looking around to see if anyone was watching I signed the log and left one of my personal coins in place of the egg. Covered the cache back up and headed off to the car. I actually didn't open the egg until I was back in the car although I shook it a few times to make sure there was a coin in there.

After missing out on the Geocoin Fairy drops I'm ecstatic to be able to get one of the Easter Egg coins. Now I can go and catch some sleep before I have to go to work tonight. :rolleyes::o:o:D

YIPPEEE!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!

It is always great fun to watch all the wonderful places that these generous folks have visited but never in our wildest dreams did we ever expect to see a coin in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.

Well early this a.m. the Easter Bunny breezed through the area and dropped a coin at a local cache. Now there was a flurry of activity to race off in the right direction in just a faint hope that the cherished egg would still be in its' hiding place. As the container was opened this beautiful pink egg appeared.

Thank you so much for keeping the "spirit" alive.

Saw that the ECB had made 2 stops 'sorta' near me. The closest one 73 miles away. Drove to work this morning (adding 20 more miles between me and the egg) and figured this might be my only shot. Clocked out, jumped in the truck, threw in a Rhino Bucket CD and took off. My kids are out on their own and I have no pets to include in my 'find' photo, so I took a picture of this instead:

CIMG0401Smaller.jpg

Yeah... 187 miles for the prize, and worried on the way there that it might already be gone. :ph34r:

But luck was with me today, I took this photo too:

EGBSmall.jpg

Thanks Easter Geocoin Bunny for the coin, it will sit right next to my GSA coin. :ph34r:

Cool PennyPacker...Sounds like my trip! Ive got the same color. (its the only tri-color egg coin ya know)

Congrats on your egg trip and your trippy egg! That Bunny has been so busy recently!

Busy--maybe because Easter is so close and those eggs are getting heavy to carry around!!!