Meridian Platinum Question

I have a Meridian Platinum and have been using the external power supply cord when driving. I plugged the cord in yesterday and connected it, and about 15 minutes down the road I get the warning of external power lost.............

Anyone else have this problem? can it be corrected? Should I buy a new cable, if so are there any stores that sell them or do you have to get one from an online store?

Any info would be GREAT!!!

Thanks, and Cya on the trails,

Rusty

I will check that, but the light on the plug is on, I really think it is some kind of connection problem between the GPSr and the connection, but I may be wrong.

You might have a problem with the connector making contact with the GPS...I had a similar problem with my old Meridian (R.I.P.).

You might want to CAREFULLY bend the tabs on the connector to help them make better contact to the GPS. Worked for me.

I have a Meridian Platinum and have been using the external power supply cord when driving. I plugged the cord in yesterday and connected it, and about 15 minutes down the road I get the warning of external power lost.............

Anyone else have this problem? can it be corrected? Should I buy a new cable, if so are there any stores that sell them or do you have to get one from an online store?

Any info would be GREAT!!!

Thanks, and Cya on the trails,

Rusty

I had a similar problem but in my case when i plugged in the unit using the magellan 12 volt cable it completely fried my Meridian after about 15 minutes. I was told by Magellan that this was a known issue with some units and was cause by leaving the batteries in the unit while using the cable.

Consequently Magellan and their dreadful customer service told me that despite this being not only a well known issue, but also a very dangerous one, my warranty had expired and didn't cover it. As a result I switched to Garmin and will never go back to Magellan.