geocaching with a Motorola Q?

I just bought a Motorola Q phone today and I am wondering if I can use it for any part of geocaching. I know I can go to to the geocaching website and look at cache info now but can I put pocket querries into the phone so I can go paperless? I know nothing about this phone but am wondering if anyone else is using it to geocache with. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I just bought a Motorola Q phone today and I am wondering if I can use it for any part of geocaching. I know I can go to to the geocaching website and look at cache info now but can I put pocket querries into the phone so I can go paperless? I know nothing about this phone but am wondering if anyone else is using it to geocache with. Any help or advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

I don't have one yet...I've been putting off a phone upgrade, but I was leaning toward the Q. I would fully expect you to be able to upload or download the web pages for the caches to use the device for paperless caching at the least.

I know the post I am replying to is old, but fyi... I have a motorola q and use a GPXsonar for phone beta version that works ok. Not ideal, because you cannot sort alphabetically, is a bit cumbersome, and not actively being improved, but you can transfer cache info in bulk offline and it works for paperless caching.

I've had a Q for a few months now and just bought a Garmin 10X to use with it. I'd forget about trying to find a cache with it or use it for cache sheets. I still use my Garmin 60 and Sony PDA. However, for driving the Q is working great with the 10X. The voice directions are pretty neat and the traffic detours have automatically kept me out of stop and go traffic.

:laughing: yes you can use the moto q for some simple tasks for geocaching go to WAP.GEOCACHING.COM this site is a back door to the hide and serch just enter you zip and there you go if you set up the images to load you can view the pics of the cache . i am actully replying from my motorola q 9h global i use the reular site for my gpsr and use this site on the field if i get stumped but i log in from the field with my q any questions plz ask fzxfazer

The Windows Smartphone version of CacheMate will work on the Q. In fact, quite a few people use it with that model of phone.

I concure. I use the Q9 and Cachemate. There are a few glitches with Cachemate (or it could just be me) but over all it is great. I don't use the GPS feature of the phone, I refuse to pay an additional fee for it, so I use a stand alone GPSr to find the cache and the phone to make it paperless. Cachemate in conjuction with GSAK will give you the past few logs, the ability to decode the hint, the terrain and difficult, and a few other pieces of good information. It doesn't give you the photo's.

I have been using this set-up for about 6 months and have been pleased.