Ottos Secret(GCY5ZO)

notyerbiz

This is a traditional cache and not a puzzle. That implies the cache is at the listed coordinates. Have you been to the coords?

I might add, it is generally considered bad form by many on this board to ask for help on puzzles. The advice usually given is to email the owner for a nudge. I just responded to one of those emails this afternoon. Most owners want you to find the cache.

This is a traditional cache and not a puzzle. That implies the cache is at the listed coordinates. Have you been to the coords?

I might add, it is generally considered bad form by many on this board to ask for help on puzzles. The advice usually given is to email the owner for a nudge. I just responded to one of those emails this afternoon. Most owners want you to find the cache.

I have, and people said that it has been on the ground, and they thought it shouldnt be there so they moved it.

I see you joined yesterday and only have 3 finds. Micros can be frustrating for long time geocachers, so don't expect it to be easy for you. You are better off sticking with regular sized caches at first.

Anyway, its considered a breach of etiquette to give out spoilers for caches. If you really want help ask the owner and he can decide whether or not to give you more hints.

I can give you a few general clues for micros that might help. First off, they are often magnetic, so look for something that is metal that one can be attached to.

Second, they are rarely in plain view. You may need a flashlight or be willing to stick your hands in dark places to feel around for it.

I see you joined yesterday and only have 3 finds. Micros can be frustrating for long time geocachers, so don't expect it to be easy for you. You are better off sticking with regular sized caches at first.

Anyway, its considered a breach of etiquette to give out spoilers for caches. If you really want help ask the owner and he can decide whether or not to give you more hints.

I can give you a few general clues for micros that might help. First off, they are often magnetic, so look for something that is metal that one can be attached to.

Second, they are rarely in plain view. You may need a flashlight or be willing to stick your hands in dark places to feel around for it.

That's RIGHT!

To get an idea of what you're up against, check out this thread.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=62421

And stick with the traditional, regular, 1/1 caches for now.

If you want to start finding the micros you have to start thinking more like the cacher that hid the cache. The actual page for this cache probably gives all the clues you need to have a good start before you go for the hunt. (I live in Texas and have not visited California in a long time so I have no specific info about this cache....just sharing what I have learned from the finds I did get.)

If a cache page has a picture behind the info take a look at it. Reload the page if you have to. I have found several caches where that picture was the thing that made me really figure out what I needed to look for.

Also read all the logs...not just the few that come up when you first load. Sometimes there will be awesome hints or flat out spoilers that may be all you need to help find the cache.

Don't give up on the micros. Just know you probably do need to get a bit more experience on the regulars before you start finding lots of the micros.

Good luck with it.