Micro Geocoins

glennk721

Greets all, Well after collecting coins for some time now, tastes are always changing. I have been attracted to Micro Geocoins lately. Thought this would be a great topic to start to name the micros you have if any and what's special about them why you like them :(

Yes can also say why you don't like them :(

First off I love to make 35MM film cans more interesting one of the reasons I am attracted to micros being in somewhat a urban area, there are a ton of micro caches.. Also love the detail thats stuffed onto these special trinkets :)

Here is my list so far

Micro Microchip coin First micro I had bought, have a couple of travelers and some to send our, like the "chip" factor !

Go-Mad-Cow Mini Micro set These are a MINI micro set that may have started the whole revolution ( I may be wrong)

Opps have to add Go-Jaybee's Personal (GLOW) coins they are great !!

Champoeg 2006 De-Coder by fractal Just to cool a micro thats 2 parts that move and a decoder :ph34r:

Kansas Sunshine Micro , Love to spread sunshine

Blazing Sun Micro, These are just in, spreading more sunshine

Canada Micro Christmas Beaver Polished Gold LE Christmas Gift

Canada Micro Xmas (Black Nickel) face to face gift engraved (sharkz) from Landsharkz

Avroair 2007 Silver Micro, Very cool gift in the mail, now need to hunt down V1 :)

HFGcC #05 Bison Tube Micro , This was a surprise did not know it was tiny before it arrived :ph34r:

Just ordered

Caching Cows Micro MOOOOOO Cute !!

Hawai`i Micro Pretty Colors Tell you more when they are hear !

Lets hear about your Micro's !!

Edited by glennk721

Not a micro fan (cache wise), I know.....Booooo Hisssss to me. Give me a mountain to climb and an ammo can :(

Don't have but 2 types of micro coins at present..........

Alaska Mosquito 2007 .....never been there but is one of my dreams plus I know all to well about mosquitos.

Blazing Sun micro set.........just liked the designs

Hawai'i Hibiscus is incoming.........Been to Maui and loved it but it also reminded me of the days when I lived in St.Croix, USVI, hibiscus was very plentiful there, lots of wonderful memories. My dad (non-cacher) also loves Hawai'i and has a Hibiscus plant in his home, so wanted to give him a coin too :ph34r:

Tsun :ph34r:

We have lots of micros. :ph34r:

Georgia Micro

Tennessee Micro

Atlanta Gal/Cymbaline Micro

FTF Micro

and of course.......ParentsofSAM Micro set! The best one of all! :ph34r::(

We also have most of the ones mentioned above. I like the Evil Glow Micros & Micro Micro, the girls love the Kansas Sunshine & California Poppy.

We have not run across a micro geocoin that we do not like....which reminds me I need to order some Hawaiian micros. :(

Don't have a lot but realized lately that we are loving micros. Have always liked dollhoses & minatures so I guess that fits in with the small theme.

Evil Micros - very :D coins

Parents of SAM set - way too cute!

Canada Micro we received in Secret Santa - the gift of it alone made it awesome!

Dorkfish Seahorse - how could I forget? <_< Our FAVE!!!

Blazing Sun & Hawai'i are incoming but know they will be terrific. Colors alone make them stand out.

Gosh - now I need to go through my collection and see what else I have. And what I need to order. :rolleyes: So much for themed collecting! :o

Edited by GPX Navigators

Say all you want about micro caches but they have their niche. And having coins that can fit in them urban bad boys is a good addition to the game.

In all I have a couple of dozen micro coins. Dutch Tulip, Calif Poppy, Kansas Sunshine, Utah's Arch Rock, Canada's Xmas Beaver, N.Carolina's microdots (the smallest coins I've seen), Idaho's octagons, the Cache Cow and the lil Loggerhead Micros. I also fell for the Micro benchmarks (Whitney, Denver, Morristown and Center) and though they only have the PC icon the ones I've released have been travelling well in caches that require hiking.

Still my faves are Pepper's lil peppers because they were gifts and Atlanta Gal gave me her Cymbaline micro at GCF as part of a trade. The first micro coins I got were the GEOs (B&W & W&:o and just can't bring myself to release them. I think it's their size that makes so .... collectable.

I think with the Hawaii Hibiscus and Blazing Suns the bar has been raised for micros. Kansas Sunshines were terrific. Yet I also consider Team Skirtlifter's Lampost a micro coin and CastleMan's Sherman Redwood and Absolut's coin are too. Dry Creek Geocachers' is only 1" across so in my mind that's also a micro as are the Oakcoins Xmas lights and their Holiday coin (Santa hatted golden oakleaf).

Edited by Droo

I love the Canadian Micros especially the Christmas one...it is special.

The Alaska Mosquito is cool too...I like coins with matching pins. :o

Dorkfish's Seahorse is so cute and I would think it qualifies as a micro. :D

The 911 Turbos is special also because they just sent it out to people as a surprise. :rolleyes: I love that!

Other nice micros are:

South Carolina

Little Hoppers

Travel Coin (w/ its cute little feet)

Idaho

Indiana

Utah

I just love micros. I think Indiana Micro was the first one I bought and I was hooked. I think I got burned out as coins kept getting bigger and bigger, I wasn't impressed. So now I am a lover of micros and wished I could buy all the new ones out. Too bad we are in the middle of house remodel and alas, no extra moolaa. Lately I have been trying to trade for them.

Beautiful coin Larry, I'll have to find someone to trade with.

Micro caches have started to grow on me. Altought I still prefer a walk and a small or regular sized cache, micros are a nice diversion when travelling, and they allow caching in some (urban) places where it couldn't be possible otherwise. I release many of the coins that I buy, so micros are appealing in that they cost less and will fit into what is becoming the most common size of cache.

I have lots, some that come to mind are:

CA Poppy

Evil Micro (2006, 2007)

Micro Chip

NC Micro

GA micro

IN Micro basketball

Blazing sun micro

KS Micro (2006, 2007)

Bigfoot (it may not "oficially" be, but it's pretty small)

HI micro (ordered, not in yet)

Ranger 216 train coins

AK micro

Canada Micros (X-mas and regular)

TX micro

Tulip

Pepper

SC micro

generic micro

I'm sure that there are others hanging around too.

Hello, my name's tokencollector and I'm a microcoinaholic.

Edited by tokencollector

He he, I have to comment in here. :rolleyes: I like micro coins <_<

19c55da3-347c-489a-ae77-f03fd745335a.jpg

But as I mentioned a while ago the creation of mine was a mistake. I inoformed the minter I wanted a 1" radius coin, not realizing that they worked with diameter. So it came out of the mint half the size of what I expected! When I received them I thought, gosh, tokens... omg they're tiny! I grew to accept them and then embrace them since they fit in smaller caches. :rolleyes:

Here is my question for the Micro Group. I am in the process of having my first geocoin done. I wanted to have a micro done but someone said not to. They said it should be 1.5in like the others. What is the thought on this. I would still like to have a micro done so it can fit in almost all caches but not sure how the artwork would show on a micro. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

Here is my question for the Micro Group. I am in the process of having my first geocoin done. I wanted to have a micro done but someone said not to. They said it should be 1.5in like the others. What is the thought on this. I would still like to have a micro done so it can fit in almost all caches but not sure how the artwork would show on a micro. Any thoughts on this would be helpful.

It all depends on how detailed your artwork is. If it's really simple with not a lot of text, then it could fit on a micro. Your vendor can help you with recommendations as to whether or not they think your art would work on a micro.

I have been digging the micro coins lately for the same reason.

Currently my small collection includes:

MicroLogger

Cache Cow x 2

South Carolina x 5

I'm getting some GeoTags made to put into small caches, and I am currently in the design process of our clubs next coin, which will be a penny sized micro. Right now it's on the back burner but hopefully it will be ready for caches by early '08.